Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Starting Zone

Old 06-02-2023, 04:37 PM
Skeleton

Default bout to throw in the towel

I started playing a few days ago. I finally got to EC. I won't lie I found out myself most people are pretty antisocial. My entire tenure, I could not get a single person to respond at the tunnel for anything including a buff. Nore did anybody even help as I was dying in front of them multiple times. They just all literally stood there. I shrugged it off the first few times but it's been business as usual...day after day.

It's not the same as I remember it. peoples aint as friendly as then. I mean , it's been quite brutal wake up call. AFter spending a week there, I dont think I'll come back to this game.
Old 06-02-2023, 07:16 PM
Planar Protector

People are super nice or socially detached. Most of us are old and most people in the tunnel afk. It’s a game you can “play” without much effort.

You gotta do you though. Quitting now will save you hundreds if not thousands of hours.
Old 06-02-2023, 08:02 PM
Sarnak

I'm playing on blue, admittedly haven't spent much time around the tunnel on low levels begging for buffs but what you're describing hasn't been my experience. I would stand near entrance and ask in /say and if that's not successful find a druid or whatever and send them a polite message. And realistically nobody's going to sit and watch a low level get smacked around if they can help it. EC is the last place where you should expect people to be alert at their keyboards.

If you expected it to be the same as '99, it's not, but it's not a hostile place either. Ask any Dial a Port or Castle, etc. player you see for buffs for a newbie and see what happens. And consider joining a social guild before you quit the game and find something productive to do with your time.
Old 06-03-2023, 12:55 AM
Orc

Your only interaction with the community is begging and then getting mad when afk people act afk, and then running to the forum to call them anti-social?
Old 06-03-2023, 08:14 AM
Skeleton

your only resposne was to be an asshole. Keep it yerself
Old 06-03-2023, 08:17 AM
Skeleton

Quote:
Originally Posted by 18120 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Your only interaction with the community is begging and then getting mad when afk people act afk, and then running to the forum to call them anti-social?
Lets get something straight. Your comment was disrespectful. SO cut it out. No , asking for a buff isn't ''begging''. You can shove that you know where. Btw im not a your psych. if you got anger issues you should go consult him/her.
Old 06-03-2023, 08:18 AM
Skeleton

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snaggles [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
People are super nice or socially detached. Most of us are old and most people in the tunnel afk. It’s a game you can “play” without much effort.

You gotta do you though. Quitting now will save you hundreds if not thousands of hours.
thank you for your respectful dialogue
Old 06-03-2023, 10:47 AM
Planar Protector

Tunnel is like the AFK spot. Talk to people not in the tunnel [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 06-03-2023, 11:12 AM
Sarnak

I would imagine he's mad at his mom for making him a whiner
Old 06-03-2023, 11:45 AM
Fire Giant

It can definitely be frustrating to die in front of a dozen people but as others have mentioned, most or all of them are probably afk or 90% afk. I've found /shouting that I'm bringing an air elemental to tunnel and could use a hand as I flee from certain doom can be helpful, as well as /saying that you need a hand once you get there.

I don't want to bug people with it every 20 seconds but typically someone will run out and help.

As others have mentioned, it's a pretty friendly community outside of the raid scene and highly sought after camps