Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Old 04-03-2023, 07:37 AM
Planar Protector

Unhappy

Quote:
Originally Posted by pasi [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I haven't touched my p99 necro in about 11 years, but the FD+COS trick worked on live forever and probably still does to this day.

Aggro something -> FD -> stand and COS at the same time. Mobs that see-invis would re-aggro; whereas, mobs without see-invis do not re-aggro you unless you drop invis. If something is dotted, it would re-aggro when the dot ticks.

The definitive method to skip hours of Vex Thal trash before they added leashes. Ok for Reparm pulling too.

Whats the King meta now, even? Rock or the safe tunnel? Latter seems like you'd have to clear out adepts who want to CHeal their boy through the walls.
Interesting you say infinite z axis taunt was a thing in VT. That means having it removed here is an UNCLASSIC nerf! [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Gorgen (Blue) - Agnostic Troll Warrior of the XXX Dung

Old 04-03-2023, 08:28 AM
Planar Protector

Red face

More like most p99ers solo. So don't camp anything out of the way with a potentially rough CR.

Also ya ppl don't know how to memblur paralyzing earth and paci all these years. Or FD pull. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 04-08-2023, 08:03 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimjam [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Interesting you say infinite z axis taunt was a thing in VT. That means having it removed here is an UNCLASSIC nerf! [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Sometime mid POP, they added vertical leashes to VT mobs. So you could still pull everything to the first floor, but the mob would warp back to spawn point after a few seconds. The combination of taunt ignoring Z-axis and the horse slide trick made it easy to pull anything to zone in. It still functioned in 2007ish when we were farming human illusions, but the goal then was to get the mob dotted and down to 97% where it would summon you up.

I don't think I've ever seen Reparm in PoFire pulled without abusing Z-axis taunt. Someone 3 floors below him spam taunt until it succeeded and then he came solo.
Old 05-31-2023, 09:18 PM
Large Bat

Could a Bard/Shammy duo this?
Old 05-31-2023, 09:53 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by aazron [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I don't think so. The pull requires FD.

Also, the shaman mushrooms will try to Gate once you get them past 40% hp (assuming they're far from their spawn point, which they are). And level 55+ mobs are immune to stun. So put that together and you get "level 55-56 shaman mushrooms will Gate to their spawn point and train you unless you have Rapture" and voila, most duos can't duo it.

People who are curious about Fungi should go down there with a full group of 6 (aka too many people) and do the camp for a few hours and get your feet wet. Find out how consistently camped it is, see how other people pull it, see how tough those fucking mushrooms are, and see how awesome it is to wipe down there and decide to make a level 1 Halfling rogue and level it up to 5 and get it a Seb key so you can drag your corpses, etc etc. And maybe see how awesome it is to have no tunics drop for 6 hours. Or how awesome it is to have ONE tunic drop and you lose the roll and the group breaks up and it's 3am.
Last edited by Videri; 05-31-2023 at 09:56 PM..
Old 06-01-2023, 12:59 AM
Large Bat

Wow! Thanks for the heads up. Great reply.=)
Old 06-01-2023, 02:31 AM
Planar Protector

sry, i was feeling grumpy/spicy
Old 06-01-2023, 09:05 AM
Fire Giant

I might aswell respond since I soloed it. But for those wondering, it is not sustainable on the long run as an enchanter solo.The luck needed to pull the King is too high. While you can clear PHs and never die pretty much. The fact you need to zone every botched pulls, run back down, have your camp contested everytime you need to zone. Then in alot of scenario youll likely need to meditate a bit, then realize you need to clear the repops again, med more. While its a fun challenge, I recommend having a partner.

Also, dont try the Chardok method of suiciding the PH. I have tried tons of ways and well. The conclusion is that youll end dead or have capped out without the PH being dead too often.
Fuggernaught Druid 60
Aylar Lie Rogue 60
Extravadance Bard 60
Winajil Shaman 60
Raylei Mule
<Riot>
Old 06-01-2023, 10:01 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by aazron [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
It is certainly doable. To be honnest, you probably just need the right way to clear camp. I would imagine in alot of situation it would end up with the bard pulling then dumping the King/PH on shaman then zoning and from there its mostly a solo kill while the bard gets back to camp as fast as possible. There shouldnt be a situation where you need to kill those patrolling adepts/priest shroom that may gate on you. If you do I think you can still kill those but gonna be a slow killing while bard is sieving the hell of the healer. Similar situation when you get a healer in the exit cubby but at least that one would never gate on you.

Thing said. I dont think its ideal but very doable but the shaman kinda need to be beefy. Surviving the King isnt always possible when you dont get the slow needed. And I would imagine theres many scenario where the pull will be botched and need to let it reset and bard comes back from zone in.
Fuggernaught Druid 60
Aylar Lie Rogue 60
Extravadance Bard 60
Winajil Shaman 60
Raylei Mule
<Riot>