Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Casters

Old 03-15-2023, 10:42 AM
Planar Protector

This seems to be a classic issue. The 'generic spell vendor' (gates, shields, cancel magics, etc) seems to have been missing. A cursory look at archived Zam pages seems to show there were two vendors selling the gather shadows type list (perhaps one for sk, one for necro... or one of these were meant to be outfitted with generic spells?).

https://web.archive.org/web/20020803...ell.asp?Id=377

A poster on eq.castersrealm.com claims "The evil vendors in east freeport do not have this spell. If anyone knows different please correct me and list the name of the spell vendor who has it. Only place I know that freeport necro can buy this spell is the DE city[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]"

Gorgen (Blue) - Agnostic Troll Warrior of the XXXI Dung

Old 04-04-2023, 10:07 AM
Large Rat

How's the rep over in Paineel? The spells are available there. It's a long trip, but I know some of the spells aren't available in Qeynos either.
Old 05-22-2023, 11:11 AM
Large Rat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Videri [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You can also buy a gem, like a Jade or Peridot, drop-transfer it to a level 1 cleric, buy yourself Gate, and drop transfer the Gate scroll to your necro. Even roleplayers should be able to explain that as a shady transaction.
This is what I ended up doing with my Human Inny Necro after spending an hour looking for it and not knowing it was a preexisting issue. Oh well.

I suppose it was worth it - I've always been a sucker for the dingy, scummy slums of East Freeport and I've always been disappointed that there wasn't more content involving the Dismal Rage faction.