Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Closed Thread

Old 09-07-2021, 11:40 AM
Banned

Well, it’s a natural progression from a movement away from gender norms, such as women being encouraged to be child-raisers and homemakers

I’m not saying that I think women SHOULD exclusively be those things, but as society began to push women to be self-sufficient, independent and financially successful, having a kid while single would just get in the way of that

Shit, i remember not that long ago some actress or singer gave a speech when accepting an award for the pro-choice movement saying she wouldn’t have been able to be successful had she not gotten an abortion. Ooh conservatives really got pissed at that, calling her sociopathic
Old 09-07-2021, 11:42 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by starkind [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
So, let me get this right.

Capitalism and corporations are coercing women to kill or abandon their children out of fear or necessity.
I have not done a study but I'm willing to bet abortion rates go up when it's legal than when it is not.

Quote:
Originally Posted by starkind [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You believe that the government can help or save these children. And women. And that we are morally obligated to help them through the government.
No, I just believe that once a sperm goes into an egg, that there is nothing you can do besides directly destroying it or harming the mother until it is destroyed.

If you do literally anything but that, a person pops out. And destroying other people is wrong.

Quote:
I believe it failed in many cases, and only my own actions have thus far enabled my survival. I also believe it is morally superior to care for and support eachother. I don't believe that the government does this, or is effective at caring for people. I also believe that laws for and against abortion are both equally liable to kill people and cause further abandonment and neglect. That is how I feel and through the lense and anecdote of my life know things are.

We should reform our society, culture, government, and economy before legislating on these moral issues.
Sure we can do all that with or without abortion, but on the subject of abortion alone, it is less moral than not having abortions, because the best argument for it is population control and that is simply not moral.

If it wasn't for over population we'd all be in a temple somewhere worshiping what someone told us because what's the difference.
Old 09-07-2021, 11:44 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by unsunghero [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Well, it’s a natural progression from a movement away from gender norms, such as women being encouraged to be child-raisers and homemakers

I’m not saying that I think women SHOULD exclusively be those things, but as society began to push women to be self-sufficient, independent and financially successful, having a kid while single would just get in the way of that

Shit, i remember not that long ago some actress or singer gave a speech when accepting an award for the pro-choice movement saying she wouldn’t have been able to be successful had she not gotten an abortion. Ooh conservatives really got pissed at that, calling her sociopathic
We are just collectively poorer and weaker now regardless of whether a woman is single or a stay at home wife or monogamous. Even nuclear Christian orthodox families have less wealth, and fail more often, even if they are more resilient to economic stress.

Food for thought.
Old 09-07-2021, 11:49 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jibartik [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I have not done a study but I'm willing to bet abortion rates go up when it's legal than when it is not.

No, I just believe that once a sperm goes into an egg, that there is nothing you can do besides directly destroying it or harming the mother until it is destroyed.

If you do literally anything but that, a person pops out. And destroying other people is wrong.

Sure we can do all that with or without abortion, but on the subject of abortion alone, it is less moral than not having abortions, because the best argument for it is population control and that is simply not moral.

If it wasn't for over population we'd all be in a temple somewhere worshiping what someone told us because what's the difference.
We could safely support a lot more people on this earth, however people are greedy and don't want to live that way.

I don't know what to do at that point I just shrug my shoulders after giving my opinion.

I would like for us to stop poisoning eachother. And for our species to have more respect for the world and universe to which it is a part of, and without which we wouldn't have the opportunity to reflect on any of ourselves, our universe, and what makes us. Which is truly who we are.

:shrugs:
Old 09-07-2021, 11:51 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
We could safely support a lot more people on this earth, however people are greedy and don't want to live that way.

I don't know what to do at that point I just shrug my shoulders after giving my opinion.

I would like for us to stop poisoning eachother. And for our species to have more respect for the world and universe to which it is a part of, and without we we wouldn't have the opportunity to reflect on any of ourselves, our universe, and what makes us. Which is truly who we are.
Yeah I love this because that's exactly my point, it's an argument that comes from greed.

Greed that we know deep down we're the same, but instead we shovel it off and be like "other people cant take care of their kids and that's bad" but really it's "other people cant take care of their kids and it makes my life bad"

Personally, I think letting nature take its course letting humans build and fail as a society, and then rebuild a better one...

...is better than letting a broken society genetically engineer its kids to fit more efficiently into it's broken system.

But that's me! [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Last edited by Jibartik; 09-07-2021 at 11:54 AM..
Old 09-07-2021, 11:54 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jibartik [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Yeah I love this because that's exactly my point, it's an argument that comes from greed.

Greed that we know deep down we're the same, but instead we shovel it off and be like "other people cant take care of their kids and that's bad" but really it's "other people cant take care of their kids and it makes my life bad"

Personally, I think letting nature take its course letting humans buil and fail as a society, and then rebuilding a better one...

Is better than letting a broken society genetically engineer its kids to fit more efficiently into it's broken system.

But that's me! [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Agreed
Old 09-07-2021, 11:59 AM
Planar Protector

The prime directive.

Star trek was a conservative society.

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 09-07-2021, 12:14 PM
Banned

Quote:
The prime directive.

Star trek was a conservative society.

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
There really is not a great argument for it. That's why I will never argue that abortion is moral.

I did in the past.

And you are right. I wanted to do my best to argue in favor of less legislation. I feel like I did. Thank you for supporting your position. And yes, the absence of a law isn't necessarily more or less moral than the existence of one.

I prefer to do things honestly and in good faith.
Old 09-07-2021, 12:15 PM
Planar Protector

Four pages just this morning of pro-choice is pro-eugenics and baby killer libs belong in prison? I guess Trump losing really broke Jib's heart.
Old 09-07-2021, 12:19 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Horza [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Four pages just this morning of pro-choice is pro-eugenics and baby killer libs belong in prison? I guess Trump losing really broke Jib's heart.
Would it be better if the female in question could just voluntarily remand herself and her child into the custody of the state or institution of her choice without killing anyone?

Abortions are in a way many times a form of suicide from my perspective. A lot like refusing or being unable or unwilling to eat or sustain ourselves.

Is our country headed towards further malnutrition and even outright cannibalism and famine.

As much as I appluad individualism, I see everything collectively because in reality we share everything regardless of our desires and choices. We truly rely on eachother just as much as we rely on ourselves.
Last edited by starkind; 09-07-2021 at 12:23 PM..
Closed Thread