Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Important > News & Announcements

Closed Thread

Old 02-20-2011, 06:19 PM
Kobold

Thanks for the insane amounts of work this must generate.

Please rest assured we are willing to wait as long as it takes til you feel its right.
Old 02-20-2011, 09:35 PM
Skeleton

Default how to patch

I cant find any info on how to patch the game
Old 02-21-2011, 01:04 AM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solastramage [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I cant find any info on how to patch the game
Patches on EQemu aren't like patches on live. Once you login to the server any changes they have made take an automatic effect. There's no additional downloading for them.
Old 02-21-2011, 06:00 AM
Kobold

love you.
Old 02-23-2011, 09:18 PM
Fire Giant

quick question.

Enchanter lvl 24: i pull with a slow, and my pet engages as soon as mob hits me. i can run from this mob for as long as i want, my pet will NEVER take agro off of me even if he's hitting him like crazy. is this the way it was intended to be adjusted to? i didnt play this far back in live so i've no clue.

thanks for the patch though, devs! [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Asher
Old 02-23-2011, 09:27 PM
Fire Giant

Slow has the highest level of agro. The npcs are acting correctly.
Old 02-24-2011, 08:21 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rogean [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Addressing issues from yesterday's patch:
  • NPC Distance aggro loss removed until a better system is developed.
NPC Distance aggro loss? Am I just entirely confused or did EQ ever have NPC distance aggro loss?

Not trying to complain - I totally appreciate all the work that everyone puts into this game to make it as classic as possible, just trying to clarify.
Old 02-24-2011, 08:24 PM
Fire Giant

NPC Distance aggro, as in you can agro an NPC that is KOS by proximity? yes classic EQ definitely had that :P

not quite sure what it means though

Asher
Old 02-24-2011, 09:07 PM
Fire Giant

no as in when you run far enough away from an npc they stop chasing you but still have you on a hate list to where if you happen to get near them again they will start chasing you again.
Old 02-24-2011, 09:43 PM
Skeleton

Quote:
Originally Posted by kylok [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
NPC Distance aggro loss? Am I just entirely confused or did EQ ever have NPC distance aggro loss?

Not trying to complain - I totally appreciate all the work that everyone puts into this game to make it as classic as possible, just trying to clarify.
The NPC distance aggro loss changes that occurred the same time as the pet aggro changes were apparent to me. Stand far enough away from a mob. Tell your pet to attack, and the mob would not come after you. Stand close enough and the mob would make a beeline for you. The same effect happened at a greater distance while sitting.

EQ did have distance aggro loss. Performing an action (like sitting, nuking, or debuffing) within melee range would put you higher on the hate list than the same action performed much further away (like at max cast distance). Being far from the mob effectively lowered your current amount of threat. Some mobs were more sensitive to this phenomenon than others.

I don't envy the devs in trying to recreate the classic EQ aggro system. Aggro could be modified by distance, sitting/standing state, and probably several other things I'm forgetting. Some modifications seemed to be percentage based, or based on the HP of the mob, or sometimes just a flat amount. Those modifications differed by mob, by zone, and by expansion. It's just a big mess.
Closed Thread