Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Old 07-30-2023, 07:30 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

Default Boxing

Sure are a lot of wives playing this 24 year old game on Green. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Just saying.

Yeah, Moderator. You can delete this...
Old 07-31-2023, 12:05 AM
Planar Protector

I do agree that it does seem like alot of "duos" on blue are always husband/wife bf/gf players and when they mention it I always think to myself, "that's nice that they play together" but it feels like I end up having that thought rather often.

at least~25% of you have to be 2 boxers.
Old 07-31-2023, 07:42 AM
Planar Protector

Right, but with the IP exemption system, that means they know exactly who to watch for boxing.
Old 07-31-2023, 10:03 AM
Fire Giant

Boxing is hilarious to me. It's like back in the day playing Mario on the NES, i'd choose 2 player just to have more chances of beating the game. So i'd just swap between Mario and then Luigi every time.

But now, its a massive online multiplayer game, and people still are sad enough to need to swap between their Mario and Luigi's.
Old 07-31-2023, 05:30 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Videri [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Right, but with the IP exemption system, that means they know exactly who to watch for boxing.
VPN, USB Tether, wifi hotspot, pirate neighbor's internet etc all appear as individual logins

These days, nobody really has any need to apply for IP exemption if they don't want to.

Even people who legitimately live and play eq together, they still don't need to get an exemption, in fact i would advise against it because it puts you on a list of people to watch.

when you each could log into the game on your smartphone hotspots, not even bother with the home internet or IP exemption.

There's no way that boxing isn't a hugely abused activity on P99. We've all seen on at least dozens of occasions a group mate who's "Friend" is gonna come buff the group, or a duo in which 1 toon only ever moves, or know someone who always has a rez/buff/port ready to go at a moments notice.
Old 07-31-2023, 06:06 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

Some would say I am just jealous, because they are not effecting my game play.

And I would agree.

I would like to box one other toon myself, but I am a rule follower and cannot. So yes, jealousy...
Old 07-31-2023, 06:20 PM
Fire Giant

everyone ive ever tried to play with from real-life has wound up quitting.

i should have chosen my friends and significant other based on their EQ class and continued dedication to the grind, instead of dumb real-life personalities
Old 08-01-2023, 01:24 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trexller [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I do agree that it does seem like alot of "duos" on blue are always husband/wife bf/gf players and when they mention it I always think to myself, "that's nice that they play together" but it feels like I end up having that thought rather often.

at least~25% of you have to be 2 boxers.
I mean if you think it's a quarter of the duos you come across, just sit invis and watch them for awhile. Boxing is fairly easy to spot if you sit there awhile and pay attention.

The most obvious one I ever saw on P99 was last year. Someone killing dwarves in BB with a level 29 Enchanter casting Clarity on them like every 30 minutes. Guess their friend or whomever really didn't feel the need to level past the exact level they get C at and then just wanted to hangout and buff forever out of the goodness of their heart. Once they noticed me watching them though they left.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Videri [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I highly doubt that anyone who is actually boxing applies for an IP exemption. If I had to bet money I would say they just use VPNs.
Old 08-02-2023, 06:24 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

The only person of the FOUR family members I got exemptions for that stuck around was my oldest kid. We duo'd up to 20 on our Iksar War/Shammy duo. My wife got up to 12 or so before just never logging on again, and my other kids made as many characters as their accounts could hold, died 100 times and went back to Minecraft.
Vorkas- 33 Gnome Warrior <Castle>
Hake - 50 Human Monk <Castle>
Xykz -43 Iksar Warrior<Ancient Blood>
Old 08-05-2023, 12:21 AM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by strongNpretty [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Boxing is hilarious to me. It's like back in the day playing Mario on the NES, i'd choose 2 player just to have more chances of beating the game. So i'd just swap between Mario and then Luigi every time.

But now, its a massive online multiplayer game, and people still are sad enough to need to swap between their Mario and Luigi's.
Nothing beats being in a group and surviving challenging pulls because each person played their class exceptionally well.

No one’s first choice is to roll Mario and Luigi, so why run the risk of being banned? Maybe because too many people (not everyone) in this community are intolerable.