Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

View Poll Results: First class on fresh green?
Bard 34 8.33%
Cleric 26 6.37%
Druid 39 9.56%
Enchanter 53 12.99%
Magician 28 6.86%
Monk 17 4.17%
Necromancer 47 11.52%
Paladin 18 4.41%
Ranger 12 2.94%
Rogue 11 2.70%
Shadow knight 15 3.68%
Shaman 44 10.78%
Warrior 15 3.68%
Wizard 25 6.13%
Won't play on a new server 24 5.88%
Voters: 408. You may not vote on this poll

Old 03-04-2023, 02:33 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trexller [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
if these devs learned anything, its that announcing a server 6+ months before its launch was a mistake.

months before green launched, full guilds were formed and farm crews established. people took weeks off of work so they could dominate from day 1.

IMO this is why there was no announcement for the teal/green merger, and no announcement for the velious drop.

i saw a documentary a bit ago about modern engineering and this scientist was asked why we aren't driving flying cars at this stage of the tech era, his answer was something that applies to like anything humans are involved with

the guy said something along the lines of: It's not that we lack the technology to mass produce a flying vehicle, its that regardless of the intention behind any technology, people will find ways to use it wrong"

this applies to flying cars, unlimited clean energy and yes, Project 1999
Forget the documentary that made note of similarly wrong usage, but the earlier arcade games used to take a photo of top score players whenever they won which did not last long because most everyone would expose themselves to the camera.
Old 03-04-2023, 02:51 AM
Planar Protector

That’s kinda how I am about red Loramin. The staff have expressed Rogeans interest in another red and he has some positive quotes like the one below regarding the Discord pvp server.

They aren’t lying they have no reason to trick us or something. I hope they carefully consider the ruleset and item implementation they decide on, but I think it will happen at least one more time. There’s a lot of opportunity to do a better job and why not give it another swing. It was fun while it lasted and the new one will be even better.
Lost but not forgotten.
Old 03-04-2023, 05:28 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gloomlord [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Is it even worth playing Bard at the beginning of the new Green?

Serious question here.
If not too many people are hybrid snobs I'd say it's worth it.
Old 03-04-2023, 05:41 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gloomlord [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Is it even worth playing Bard at the beginning of the new Green?

Serious question here.
Bards don’t get anything of value starting in Classic other than the bard experience which perhaps peaks in Classic when the charm toolkit as its highest relative strength. No swarming, xp penalty and no useful legacy items other than farming to sell or use for alts. You can basically do the bard experience today on Green and Blue, only real difference is that there are less groups around.
Old 03-04-2023, 09:09 AM
Fire Giant

They get to die a lot doing kiting in Plane of Fear?
Old 03-04-2023, 10:00 AM
Banned

Green 2 is not launching, TLP is

hope this helps !
Old 03-04-2023, 10:32 AM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trexller [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
if these devs learned anything, its that announcing a server 6+ months before its launch was a mistake.

months before green launched, full guilds were formed and farm crews established. people took weeks off of work so they could dominate from day 1.

IMO this is why there was no announcement for the teal/green merger, and no announcement for the velious drop.
I'm not sure what exactly 'dominating' in classic means, but I don't think people taking off work for launch is problematic. Allowing players to plan ahead, so that everyone isn't logging in during peak hours seems like it would alleviate the initial overpopulation problem.
Old 03-04-2023, 11:05 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by magnetaress [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Green 2 is not launching, TLP is

hope this helps !
What are the rules on the new TLP?

Gorgen (Blue) - Agnostic Troll Warrior of the XXXI Dung

Old 03-04-2023, 08:21 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by sajbert [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Bards don’t get anything of value starting in Classic other than the bard experience which perhaps peaks in Classic when the charm toolkit as its highest relative strength. No swarming, xp penalty and no useful legacy items other than farming to sell or use for alts. You can basically do the bard experience today on Green and Blue, only real difference is that there are less groups around.
I already play a Bard on the current Green. Just wondering how it was back in Classic.
Old 03-04-2023, 08:50 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gustoo [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
That’s kinda how I am about red Loramin. The staff have expressed Rogeans interest in another red and he has some positive quotes like the one below regarding the Discord pvp server.

They aren’t lying they have no reason to trick us or something. I hope they carefully consider the ruleset and item implementation they decide on, but I think it will happen at least one more time. There’s a lot of opportunity to do a better job and why not give it another swing. It was fun while it lasted and the new one will be even better.
Yeah, I'm not a PvPer, but even I would try a new Red server, especially if they did get the mechanics of it right (eg. teams). Here's hoping it happens someday, but ... realistically it probably won't be anytime soon.

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.