Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Old 08-15-2022, 02:15 PM
Banned

Yeah, sure, probably, statistically.
Old 08-15-2022, 02:37 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by robayon [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Yeah, sure, probably, statistically.
Compared to where?

Tijuana?
Old 08-15-2022, 02:39 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elizondo [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Compared to where?

Tijuana?
Previous points in American history, we're just comparing America to America within the scope of this discussion. I'm going for a walk.
Old 08-15-2022, 03:16 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elizondo [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I disagree

Whenever "Progressives" are in charge there is always an explosion of crime and lawlessness

The Conservative response through art and media is always Vigilantism as shown in media and movies like Death Wish and Dirty Harry. Death Wish in particular.

And in RL like the case of Bernhard Goetz
Bad example.
Old 08-15-2022, 03:40 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reiwa [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I'm aware of that case

One thing to note about that case is that the suspect was already in police custody at this time
Old 08-15-2022, 03:42 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by robayon [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Previous points in American history, we're just comparing America to America within the scope of this discussion. I'm going for a walk.
That's a bit broad and ambiguous. What time in history do we start with? The Wild West?

How about we compare blue cities to red cities and in particular, Murder Rates
Old 08-15-2022, 03:48 PM
Planar Protector

Thumbs up

Quote:
I'm aware of that case

One thing to note about that case is that the suspect was already in police custody at this time
Just motte and bailey it lol
Old 08-15-2022, 04:06 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reiwa [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Just motte and bailey it lol
Old 08-15-2022, 04:33 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Domo [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
dont play stupid now.

Ive been gaming for years with people from all around the world. And because I am a german its only a matter of time till someone mentions the WWII, Nazis or Hitler.

Now imagine I would talk the same way with some of you Yankee's, regardless if it fits to the topic or not.

You could be talking about cars and I ask you

"Hey Slave Master, hows the cotton plantation today?"

It just makes no sence, dont fit, not funny and it would make me look like an stupid idiot who have nothing really to say.

Thats you for me right now.

So again, what the fuck is wrong with you?
if youre talking about cars with a yankee and you wanna bring up nazis then you're fucking up if you don't bring up how shitler mentioned his admiration for Henry Ford in mein kampf, the only American mentioned in that book.
Old 08-15-2022, 04:41 PM
Banned

Quote:
I disagree

Whenever "Progressives" are in charge there is always an explosion of crime and lawlessness

The Conservative response through art and media is always Vigilantism
Not necessarily a conservative thing, the possibility of vigilantism can exist anywhere and will always eventually come up when crime starts to get out of control because there are always going to be more good people in any given area than bad people

When crime starts to get out of control the population has 2 choices: Flight or fight, with 2 negatives to each. The negatives to fleeing is you expose yourself as a bitch to your family and the bad guys win the area. The negatives to fighting are you remove due process and create a strong possibility for corruption such as the vigilantes becoming the new criminals