Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Server Issues > PvP Bugs

Old 10-24-2011, 04:46 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Softcore PK [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
What's wrong with shifting sight?
It's completely backwards. Shifting Sight is supposed to give your target your vision. Right now it's giving your targets vision to you.

------------------
Lethdar,

Sorry bro, good editing your post afterwards though. You definitely need help looking better.

To address any/all of your babble, let me be clear I'm talking about low level PvP - all of which the spells I've cited are vital. So, you have to think about this one a little - it may hurt, I know... you're not playing on a VZTZ box. You won't be level 50 in a day or two. Thus, low level PvP spells will be important. In group PvP enchanters are very good - I'm not arguing that fact. Thanks again for not being able to contribute a single thing to a post.
Old 10-24-2011, 05:01 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by mimixownzall [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
So it begins.

1. I saw your other post about what's wrong. I agree it needs to be fixed.
2. Blind could possibly be the most OP spell out there. It NEEDS to be easily resisted. Imagine not being able to see anything an entire fight. That is just silly.
3. Really? You just want to be able to spam all your stuns rendering the other person completely useless the entire time? Superhero inc.
4. Congradulations! You have now realized what it is like to enter a game that has defined class roles! Enjoy your stay!

Crimson pot still doesn't stop your mez from interrupting spells.
2. While I agree blind is OP, it is a spell that was used and it is classic. I further agree it should be easily resistible. Right now it's probably resisted a little too easy at 25-27MR. I believe NIL mentioned something about diminishing returns... that further compounds anything associated with blind and its ability to be a viable spell at low level.

3 A) Not sure how to address this one. When you're fighting a monster and whirl 'till you hurl doesn't do anything... you don't see that as a problem? It's essentially a useless spell in PvE.

3 B) It works on players just fine and has a good duration. Again we're running into diminishing returns and its ease of being resisted. While I will advocate it be easily resisted since enchanters get tash, etc. the diminishing returns component kind of worries me for anyone going enchanter.

And I don't understand what you're trying to say with "Crimson pot still doesn't stop your mez from interrupting spells". All I'm saying is mezs are super easy to counter with Crimson pots since it breaks mez.

Further, let me state I do not intend to play an enchanter on live. My intention is to test things and report on it. I want a fun and capable lower tier pvp experience for everyone. This is my experience in PvP at lvl 15.

Also, as an additional bug; players with pets that become whirl'd & blinded are not currently having their pets auto-attack in response to the spell casters actions. i.e. If I cast blind on a necro, his pet will not auto-attack me back.
Old 10-24-2011, 05:14 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelsar [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
It's completely backwards. Shifting Sight is supposed to give your target your vision. Right now it's giving your targets vision to you.

My reading skills might be bad but i think you are saying it backwards. What shifting sight does is when you cast the spell it allows you to look through your targets eyes with the bonus of ultravision. You see what they see.

The way this guy is writing it makes it sounds like you think that your target will be forced to see what you see.

http://web.archive.org/web/200111250...ions.asp?Id=66
Old 10-24-2011, 05:48 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelsar [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
3 A) Not sure how to address this one. When you're fighting a monster and whirl 'till you hurl doesn't do anything... you don't see that as a problem? It's essentially a useless spell in PvE.
Unfortunately that is classic. It was never even bought by chanters. I had a buddy who started out as chanter and he complained about buying it and it being a waste of money.

Quote:
And I don't understand what you're trying to say with "Crimson pot still doesn't stop your mez from interrupting spells". All I'm saying is mezs are super easy to counter with Crimson pots since it breaks mez.
Well. Think about it: why do you complain about crimson pots being effective against it? You mad that you cant run in the middle of 3 people, keep two on ice, kill the 3rd and keep the others on ice until you finish them off? Mez is still extremely useful even with a crimson pot. The crimson pot doesn't make them immune to mez it just breaks it. It will still have a stun effect. It will still interrupt casters trying to gate or nuke you.

Quote:
Also, as an additional bug; players with pets that become whirl'd & blinded are not currently having their pets auto-attack in response to the spell casters actions. i.e. If I cast blind on a necro, his pet will not auto-attack me back.
This is a good find. I would report this in a thread by itself (if you haven't already).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darwoth View Post
What is griefing to you anyway? Getting killed without a white glove to the left cheek and a formal declaration of imminent fisticuffs?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceros View Post
If you guys hadn't noticed, mimix ownz all, so just give in.
Old 10-24-2011, 06:18 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jigga [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
OMG! When was this changed? Bind Sight does the same thing...

http://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/spell.html?spell=84

Good find.
Old 10-30-2011, 07:16 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jigga;443684
[url
http://web.archive.org/web/20011125025108/http://eq.castersrealm.com/spells/spelldescriptions.asp?Id=66[/url]
that is a great description. also never knew it caused stamina loss.

the description on alakazam is ambiguous. depending on how you read it, it could mean either you see what your target sees, OR that your target sees what you see.