Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Server Issues > Bugs

Old 06-06-2013, 04:36 PM
Banned

Default Rogue hide and sneak being invis to mobs should be skill dependant

Now here's the proof I've been looking for on this one.

Your ability to be invisible to mobs when using hide + sneak on a rogue should be dependent on the level of your hide and sneak skill.

Source:

Here's the general guide line, though I do not have the exact formula available:
Quote:
Hide/sneek depends on the level of you and the guy that sees you. at low 30's an occasional Vampire Bat in Lower Guk would see through but now in my 40's not a one has seen me.
2002 here but, worth noting as it is close to the era.. and this didn't change since then
Quote:
Hide/sneak does not depend on level, they are actually skills, like,say...Alcohol Tolerance. It's your skill level that decides it.)
Some report unable to hide from him...
Quote:
Blue to a 33 rogue, sees through Hide/Sneak
Others report a success, again, based on level...
Quote:
He does NOT see through hide. I killed EEs around him all day, and hid from him successfully over and over.
I should further note that the racial hides for non rogues should have a very low success rate.. and NOT give you invis to undead or be based on anything other than its base effectiveness at lvl 1.

Thanks for readin'.
Old 06-06-2013, 05:46 PM
Aviak

Not sure, but I did make a level 1 rogue forever ago to walk all over Lower Guk to become familiar with the zone without incident. I also parked a L1 rogue in the temple in Kael to spy on Idol. Although I needed a raid to clear from Vindi forward I had no issue moving close at L1....which I think is normal for that area?

Two different time periods obviously. The latter I'm less sure of as I did use a raid to clear some of it. 100% positive I ran a L1 through lower guk way early though (before I knew the zone).

It was miserably slow moving and took a while to get hide/sneak to both work.
Last edited by Scoresby; 06-06-2013 at 05:48 PM..
Old 06-21-2013, 12:42 PM
Fire Giant

I don't have any "proof", but I am quite certain that hide and sneak are simply on or off.

There may be cases where a mob sees through HIDE, but sneak is actually the deciding factor - sneak's effectiveness (if any?) in the frontal 90 may vary with range and level and skill, but in the rear 270 is either on or off.
Last edited by Droog007; 06-21-2013 at 12:48 PM..
Old 07-15-2013, 02:49 PM
Banned

bamp

Prolly needs more evidence but it is an immersive feature of the rogue class
Old 07-17-2013, 12:00 PM
Sarnak

http://web.archive.org/web/200108230...y=Skullduggery

Quote:
SNEAK/HIDE, By Fiely (7/16/2001)

I noticed that if I hide and Sneak at the same time I can move around invis from everything. I ran all the way to and through Keal on a lvl 3 rogue.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

HIDE, By Bamboozley (7/4/2001)

From my experience hide is much like a type of improved invisibility. For example, undead and NPC casters cannot see it, and I'm pretty sure that level doesn't have anything to do with it. But it does not fool every mob. In Sol B, I was able to hide and sneak from zone to the FG's (sonic bats scowled) and then the FG's who conned indif, killed me. Whatever.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

THE ULTIMATE IN CORPSE RETRIEVAL, By Maporfic (6/27/2001)

I play a 42 druid in a guild of over 70 chars, mostly over lvl 30. One of my very very smart guildies has a lvl THREE rogue that they use for corpse dragging from wipeouts on DRAGON RAIDS. Indeed, there is no lvl difference if a lvl 3 rogue can easily hide/sneak around a lvl 60 dragon. I have seen 6 people at a time go crying for coffins - blowing 200pp each to get a corpse back, when all they really needed was a low lvl rogue to prance in there (see invis mobs, do NOT see rogue invis) and drag out the corpses. Sheesh that would have saved the group over 1kpp. Not chump change at any level.
Anyways, word to the wise - keep a lvl 3 or better rogue alt handy if your doing dangerous zones. (BTW - there ARE mobs that see through rogue invis, so look up the zone before you decide to explore plane of fear ect.)

HIDING FROM SPECTRE'S & GIANTS, By Pavlova, 24th rogue, erollisi marr (1/28/2001)

From Personal experience I can confirm that Hide for Rogues does not appear to have a limit to the difference of levels between you & the thing you are hiding from.
I have hidden from SG's & Specs in Oasis when I was only level 14/15 & have actually had a HG from West Commons stop ON me & still not see me, whereas I believe that with the Invis spells, the greater the level difference between caster & mob the more likely the mob is to see through the spell.
On other thing I've noticed is that if the puller in your group decides to pull, for example the entire Sarnak Fort, you can hide & not aggro any of the mob, even after they rest of the party have zoned, as long as you don't attack them.
This would have been my 2cp, but actually it's yours, I stole it :-)

BETTER THAN INVISIBLE, By Balak (1/28/2001)

For Rogues, Hide gives the benefit of both Invisible and Invisible to Undead. Good if you hear a train coming since it works instantly, while the spells would have a casting time.
Old 07-17-2013, 12:01 PM
Sarnak

Can anyone confirm this is how it's working here?

Quote:
I was able to hide and sneak from zone to the FG's (sonic bats scowled) and then the FG's who conned indif, killed me. Whatever.
Old 07-17-2013, 12:47 PM
Planar Protector

what i DO remember is people making lvl 1 rogue alts to drag corpses out of the hole. so im thinking this may not be correct.
Old 07-17-2013, 12:53 PM
Planar Protector

I remember the level 1's for Kael to check on spawns.
Old 07-17-2013, 01:06 PM
Sarnak

Send a message via AIM to Furinex

Having played a rogue on live from the beginning, the only time I ever felt screwed was when AA's came and brought SoS. It was like they nerfed us and made us earn what we already had back in AA's.
Old 07-17-2013, 02:10 PM
Banned

Most mobs in Kael are warriors btw :P