Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 04-08-2015, 08:48 AM
Kobold

Default Kickstarter re99 Fund

Please forgive my ignorance but what would the cost of new server hardware and hosting be ? Also would it be "illegal" to fund this via kickstarter ?
Old 04-08-2015, 08:53 AM
Sarnak

This is an interesting thought. Although I wonder if the issue holding it back is the time for the GM's to do this because of how few there are compared to being a money issue. It might be both though.

However, if the community did this with a kickstarter, I wonder if we could use the money to have the devs "hire" another GM or something of the kind. Really depends whats holding them back from doing this...

*Note* - I would also say any money funded that was extra should go straight to the donations to keep the servers going but I figured everyone would automatically agree with that.
Old 04-08-2015, 08:57 AM
Kobold

Well maybe everyone wanting re99 could help out and get velious done and dusted to free up the devs for the re99 dreamers [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 04-08-2015, 08:58 AM
Planar Protector

I don't see any legal pitfalls associated wih a kick starter campaign. Re99 is essentially a community/club looking to purchase hardware to fund their hobby, Red EmuQuest.
Old 04-08-2015, 09:06 AM
Planar Protector

Just gotta make sure Torpor has its mana drain until 2 months before Velious in Re-99.

Many classic fixes can be done before Re-99 starts.
Old 04-08-2015, 09:06 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by tankh [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Well maybe everyone wanting re99 could help out and get velious done and dusted to free up the devs for the re99 dreamers [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Good thought although it seems most of the issues with velious is raid's which not all of us are familiar with. I would love to be part of that war thing on friday @ 7Pm this week but I have never done any raiding in EQ so doubt my help is wanted.

(EQ raiding being the main thing I wanna experience here although with the current raid scene as it is, basically makes it impossible for me to participate)
Old 04-08-2015, 10:59 AM
Planar Protector

I thought this was about red 99
Old 04-08-2015, 11:01 AM
Planar Protector

There's a donate button there already, plus if they wanted to kickstart something they'd have to want to do whatever it is... right now they're quite busy, I'd imagine [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 04-08-2015, 11:13 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grimjaw [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I thought this was about red 99
I did too, but it is about Recycle99. Personally I think re99 is confusing and henceforth we should refer to any recycle server as

green99 or g99 ^^
Old 04-08-2015, 11:17 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by maskedmelon [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I did too, but it is about Recycle99. Personally I think re99 is confusing and henceforth we should refer to any recycle server as

green99 or g99 ^^
Heh, I like it, +1
Closed Thread