Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 05-18-2013, 01:12 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Faerie Blossom [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I don't really roleplay, but I like my characters to have backstories. Why is that such a big deal?
People are afraid of things they don't understand
Old 05-18-2013, 01:25 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Faerie Blossom [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I don't really roleplay, but I like my characters to have backstories. Why is that such a big deal?
No one gives a shit about THAT aspect of EQ anymore, hence why you're either immersed further into EQEmu than most can fathom, or you're just the next well structured troll, and this far down the Emu road people are more expecting the troll half of the equation.
Old 05-18-2013, 01:31 AM
Banned

Quote:
Power to the people
Old 05-18-2013, 02:06 AM
Kobold

Anyone know the answer about Steelsilk, erudite quellious religion armour, if it happens to be in the game? If it is i'd be prepared to buy a full set off someone.
Old 05-18-2013, 02:33 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stinkum [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Because Mithaniel Marr is the only one that is an actual description of a Paladin?

Dwarf = Dirt worshippers
Rodcet = Cleric deity
Tunare = Nature worshippers
Karana = Please bring me good weather!
Erudite (prexus) = Ocean worshippers
It's more like "Shelter each other from the storm." Considering the fluff for the religion is that it's largely farmer communities, interdependence and being supportive of each other is a big thing. Some of the Qeynos paladin newbie quests even involve performing charity work for the farmers in the Karanas.

The whole rain thing is just an aspect of the god himself and a possible prayer for the farmers, who do rely on the weather for their crops and livelihoods.

I don't like empty character slots that much.
Old 05-18-2013, 02:40 AM
Orc

There are definitely no smiths on P99 who make Steelsilk. The mats are extremely difficult to farm (with a high cap for trivialing and costly/high fizzle rate) and there's not enough Erudite Paladins/SKs for Erudite cultural smithing to be worth it. Hell, there's barely even any Human smiths.
Old 05-18-2013, 06:45 AM
Kobold

I'd pay 30 k for a set,
Old 05-18-2013, 10:10 AM
Aviak

I am human pal with Mithaniel Marr.
Cultural armor is not necessary.
i was Using bronze set when i start at 1999, then RO armor -> Plane gear.
It's fun to wearing bronze set to fight those undead at unrest =D
I enjoy the whole RO quest too, lot of run but it really fun.
Old 05-22-2013, 07:38 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gadwen [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Human, and Mith Marr is the only real god for paladins.
Quote:
Why?
Quote:
What is the definition of paladin, then?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stinkum [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The Mithaniel Marr description.
Quote:
I feel like we're going in circles, somehow...

inb4 LOLRPER

I won't argue that Human should be the only race capable of being Paladins, that's another topic altogether (not to mention rolling a 17+ charisma with your sixth 3d6 roll) - but

Paladins are Lawful in regards to the 'Society' aspect; They are bound to respect,follow,honor the Laws of a land and follow the protocol. They can only question them when they deem they are directly opposed to their morals or sense of fairness towards the people (or their own religion). They are also 'Good' when it comes to how they treat other forms of life (intelligent or not), again obeying a morality and ethics code that is in direct contrast with nature.

Nature on the other hand is never governed by such fair laws. The weak get culled; Always food for the strong. Natural selection. Nature is neutral in every sense - even her devoted 'protectors' are either True Neutral, Neutral Good, Chaotic Good, or even Chaotic Neutral (druids & rangers).

Paladins would never side with that aspect of Nature. Why?
Simple as this -

Disorder leads to spiritual weakness.
Spiritual weakness leads to evil.
And evil will not be tolerated.

Old 05-22-2013, 08:09 AM
Sarnak

Send a message via AIM to Furinex

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lorraine [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
inb4 LOLRPER

I won't argue that Human should be the only race capable of being Paladins, that's another topic altogether (not to mention rolling a 17+ charisma with your sixth 3d6 roll) - but

Paladins are Lawful in regards to the 'Society' aspect; They are bound to respect,follow,honor the Laws of a land and follow the protocol. They can only question them when they deem they are directly opposed to their morals or sense of fairness towards the people (or their own religion). They are also 'Good' when it comes to how they treat other forms of life (intelligent or not), again obeying a morality and ethics code that is in direct contrast with nature.

Nature on the other hand is never governed by such fair laws. The weak get culled; Always food for the strong. Natural selection. Nature is neutral in every sense - even her devoted 'protectors' are either True Neutral, Neutral Good, Chaotic Good, or even Chaotic Neutral (druids & rangers).

Paladins would never side with that aspect of Nature. Why?
Simple as this -

Disorder leads to spiritual weakness.
Spiritual weakness leads to evil.
And evil will not be tolerated.
+10 would read again.