Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 06-25-2014, 04:57 AM
Retired GM

Location: Cabilis East, in the northwest corner of the zone-in from Field of Bone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nivar Quartz [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Why are you in RnF? thats what I want to know...

If you wanna argue with the village idiots you should turn that name back to blue.

It's funny when you ( the officers and staff ) began this rotation class system and terms were agreed to by all parties, it was decree'd by Rogean that those rules would be enforced by the staff. If you think that would take away from the time you spend for free helping code or research or go though petitions then I suggest you drop ur RnF time into the rotation enforcement.
You're implying that you and Loraen are village idiots. Did you even read my post, or just see a green name and start frothing at the mouth?

We have never agreed to enforce a rotation beyond splitting mobs between class R and class C. And I'll post wherever I post in my spare time because I've busted my ass for this server and earned the right to do so.

<3 my mistake, arguing with the village idiots again!
Last edited by Derubael; 06-25-2014 at 06:47 AM..
Old 06-25-2014, 05:01 AM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nivar Quartz [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
GM's lose credibility
I actually agree with this. I also feel GM's hosting streams and fraternizing with players is also in bad taste. When you give in to vanity and bathe in the attention players will always lavish on staff if given the opportunity, doubts in your conviction will grow.

Perception is reality, when you put yourself on the same level as those you police, don't be surprised when your integrity is questioned.
Old 06-25-2014, 05:37 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Susano [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Yet another rallying cry of the casual. Maybe that helps you guys sleep at night, but the reality of it is that class C guilds simply maximize their online time and accomplish a lot more.

Everyone is different and play times vary across all guilds, but when it comes to logging on and getting pixels, class C spends a lot less time per pixel than others on the server.
prob does help them sleep at night bc they're not getting 4am text messages about faydendor

it's not just about the time played, it's also about the availability. you no lifers make yourselves available to elf texts and will log on at a moment's notice to slay dragon 1,932 of the year.

if i ever got a text message about trakoman, i might literally die of shame
Old 06-25-2014, 05:49 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Derubael [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You're implying that you and Loraen are village idiots. Did you even read my post, or just see a green name and start frothing at the mouth?

We have never agreed to enforce a rotation beyond splitting mobs between class R and class C. And I'll post wherever I please in my spare time because I've busted my ass for this server and earned the right to do so.

<3 my mistake, arguing with the village idiots again!

/thread
Last edited by Derubael; 06-25-2014 at 06:47 AM..
Old 06-25-2014, 06:11 AM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by arsenalpow [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Class R doesn't control the sky rotation. There's 14 slots for sky, which one would they like that's not currently taken and oh Dolj will waltz up there and fuck your day if they feel like it.

I honestly feel that if the staff opened a 2nd blue server with movelog, a server that from the start would have agreed upon rotation rules for any guild that wanted to participate with governed tiers of difficulty, 80% of the population would move. Only TMO and IB want to sit around for 16 hours a day autofiring for FTE, errrr competing, while the other 8 hours of the day they use to shit on anyone that would try to compete or dare have a different playstyle.

No one gives a fuck that 600-700+ people a day would rather be on a different server and the class C guilds enjoy dragging everyone else down into their shit.
Now the Welfare recipients want someone to buy them a new house?
Typical.
Old 06-25-2014, 07:14 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by toosweet [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Now the Welfare recipients want someone to buy them a new house?
Typical.
How much does the hardware for an additional server cost? Do we need a new rack? New cabinet? I'm a fucking novice when it comes to anything that's not a home PC computer wise so I don't know what's necessary, but I'm pretty fucking sure that if Rogean listed a dollar figure saying it would cost X to make p99 BlueRotation every casual guild would pony up the funds to make it happen. Hell, the BDA slush fund for just our vent and ad free boards is relatively staggering all things considered.
Originally Posted by Hollywood Hogan
The first thing you gotta' realize, brother, is this right here is the future of wrestling. You can call this the New World Order of Wrestling.
Old 06-25-2014, 07:28 AM
Planar Protector

i'll bet it doesn't even required a dedicated server to host a 15 year old elf simulator. with today's server hardware, all they need to do is copy the VM, give it a unique name, and then let it rip

no additional power, bandwidth, cpu required
Old 06-25-2014, 08:00 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by arsenalpow [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
How much does the hardware for an additional server cost? Do we need a new rack? New cabinet? I'm a fucking novice when it comes to anything that's not a home PC computer wise so I don't know what's necessary, but I'm pretty fucking sure that if Rogean listed a dollar figure saying it would cost X to make p99 BlueRotation every casual guild would pony up the funds to make it happen. Hell, the BDA slush fund for just our vent and ad free boards is relatively staggering all things considered.

Confirmed RMT.

BDA is used to buying there way with RL funds there is a reason most of the servers RMT buyers where from BDA.
Old 06-25-2014, 09:38 AM
Aviak

Cooperation with TMO?[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Good luck, GT[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 06-25-2014, 10:31 AM
Sarnak

Doesn't this mean class-R guilds should be allowed to help each other without lockouts now as long as they don't take loot? Since that is essentially what is going on here.. (and on that note, if they aren't getting loot... who really cares?)
Closed Thread