Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Casters

Closed Thread

Old 05-03-2018, 02:48 AM
Aviak

Default Circlet of Shadow and FD

So I was fighting a mob over level 35, and FD'ed and I thought I would be good if I stood up and clicked the circlet. Unfortunately the mob reaggroed and murdered me.

I read from this guide that: "If a mob cannot see invis and you invis right after standing up (eg, a Ring of Shadows click), it should clear aggro. This is how Necros and SKs clear aggro using a Circlet of Shadow. Since monks don't get infinite charge invis items, this isn't used much in practice, and I have not personally tested this (or whether an invis while FDed from a groupmate would work). "

(from http://wiki.project1999.com/Meviin%27s_Monk_Mechanics)

Sesserdrix also says something similar: "Second thing this item lets you do is helpful in bad situations. Lets say you pull three mobs by accident, and you're getting beaten down. Your reaction will be to Feign Death, of course, but then what... You sit there... And you wait. And you wait. And finally, after a while, the enemies will return from whence they came. But, with the power of Circlet of Shadow, you can stand up immediately after Feign Death, click your cap, and sit down and meditate. Note, if your enemies can see through invisibility, you cannot do this, as they will re-aggro you."

So did this change? I saw that patch which said that sneak clearing aggro on monks was nerfed, was it nerfed along with this? Or did it never work like this at all? Or am I not using the circlet right. And last thing is, is this classic? Without doing any research, I see lots of people on allakhazam claiming that clicking a circlet after standing up made the mob not reaggro on them, which suggests to me that that is how it should work, presuming that they were fighting mobs above lvl 35.

Looking to hear from other necros about the uses of this item besides just completely safe invis that doesn't drop when you need it most.
Old 05-03-2018, 05:28 AM
Planar Protector

in my experience, its about 50/50 but its no guaranteed enough to count on it working imo.
Fauvana 60 Erudite Necromancer
Erjav 60 Human Bard
Enjamini 60 Human Magician
Deepwalter 60 Erudite Paladin
Seliel 60 Human Rogue
Enjoii 54 Dark Elf Warrior
Old 05-03-2018, 06:51 AM
Sarnak

You rely on the FD mem blur now.

Spread the word. Pre-nerf CoS now 5k because of nerf.
Old 05-03-2018, 09:55 AM
Skeleton

invis have no effect now. I can be used to not agro a mob that is not currently agroed if u instantly click it when standing up but if the mob didnt memblur or reset it will re agro.
Old 05-03-2018, 10:01 AM
Sarnak

In my experience letting the mob path back to its original spawn point etc has let me stand up and cast COS without re aggroing, it's always worked for me. Try it.
Old 05-03-2018, 10:13 AM
Skeleton

I remember on live a message that would say "Your enemies have forgotten you." if you FD'd long enough. I haven't seen it on Project 1999. Was the change to relying on FD to mem blur classic? I think a necro FD only has a 1% chance of mem blur, so you're forced to wait for the mob to reset (and obviously wait for any dot's to wear off).
Old 05-03-2018, 11:11 AM
Sarnak

Perhaps it is true that your dot on the mob kept him upset with you. I have had to let my necro lay there until the dot wore off. Maybe that was it. Shoot if the dot hit as you were getting up and the nano second before you clicked the CoS the mob was reintroduced to your nasty ways.
Maybe.
Old 05-03-2018, 01:11 PM
Sarnak

And yes if you dot a mob and fd then stand up and COS with dot still on mob you will definitely reaggro
Old 05-03-2018, 01:15 PM
Planar Protector

Yes, to the above. Let the mob return to its spawn (pathers suck for this). If you dotted it have to wait for that to fade. Also, do not FD in los and aggro range or your f'd.
Old 05-03-2018, 06:36 PM
Aviak

I'm sure I didn't DOT the mob or anything. It just reaggroed me because of the 35+ rule I think.

Also I found this thread with people saying the invis should wipe until invis breaks: https://www.project1999.com/forums/s...d.php?p=854214

Any other necro with a circlet have any advice on how to use this things for splitting? It doesn't seem as godly as everyone claims it to be if it can't keep you safe after you stand up. Do I just have to /q after every feign?
Closed Thread