Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Red Community > Red Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 11-12-2011, 12:18 AM
Fire Giant

Default Help the poor mages.

I watched a mage try to fight some classes the other day. He fought against a shaman, a warrior and an SK (SK didn't use any spells other than snaring/fearing the pet).

His strat was pretty good. What I mean by this is that he tried to keep his pet from being CC'd while he ran around to avoid taking damage. I don't think he ever got one of them below 90% hps. I played an Epic mage on SZ and know how horrible life can be as a mage at the high levels; yes, mages dominate the lowbie ranks pretty easily, but this changes drastically at higher levels. With mage spells taking forever to cast and mages having no CC ability other than the pets (which can be easily resisted) our primary damage (IE: almost all damage) comes from pets. Pets already miss more than they should (they miss in pvp 20x more than PC's do) but to cut their damage down by 50% is quite ridiculous. Pets are easily CC'd so they should hurt when they aren't.

It's pretty bad when you got a ranger there watching begging to be the next one to fight the mage.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darwoth View Post
What is griefing to you anyway? Getting killed without a white glove to the left cheek and a formal declaration of imminent fisticuffs?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceros View Post
If you guys hadn't noticed, mimix ownz all, so just give in.
Old 11-12-2011, 12:26 AM
Scrawny Gnoll

Wut? First off, a single nuke would put any of them below 90%. A warrior can't do anything against a mage if the mage just runs around as long as they both have the same runspeed. Shamans.. well yea they own mages.

He needs to play better.
Old 11-12-2011, 12:32 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shamanx [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Wut? First off, a single nuke would put any of them below 90%. A warrior can't do anything against a mage if the mage just runs around as long as they both have the same runspeed. Shamans.. well yea they own mages.

He needs to play better.
Really? Getting a 7 second nuke off against a warrior? Warrior would either interrupt it or just run out of range. That is 2 slam chances against a bolt.

Quote:
What is griefing to you anyway? Getting killed without a white glove to the left cheek and a formal declaration of imminent fisticuffs?
Quote:
Old 11-12-2011, 12:49 AM
Banned

Me thinks someone wants to roll mage.......
Old 11-12-2011, 01:12 AM
Sarnak

He's right. Mages need help, at least the pets do.
Old 11-12-2011, 01:32 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bazia [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Me thinks someone wants to roll mage.......
You're right, I would love to roll a mage and use him for more than just an item farmer. That is why I am asking the devs to look into them for me.

There is a reason why everyone on the server is rolling SKs/Shamans/Necros/wizards. Hell, there are more warriors and rogues pvping than there are mages.

Quote:
Quote:
Old 11-12-2011, 01:51 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by mimixownzall [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You're right, I would love to roll a mage and use him for more than just an item farmer. That is why I am asking the devs to look into them for me.

There is a reason why everyone on the server is rolling SKs/Shamans/Necros/wizards. Hell, there are more warriors and rogues pvping than there are mages.
Pretty sure sorrow will not be the emotion filling me in regards to Mages once I hit level 6 in Gfay - getting MR. They get their time to shine, it's just not high end imo.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mimixownzall [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Pets already miss more than they should (they miss in pvp 20x more than PC's do) but to cut their damage down by 50% is quite ridiculous
Huh? mage pets dmg is lowered 50%? or they miss alot there fore are 50% effective? I'm [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] what you mean
Old 11-12-2011, 02:13 AM
Banned

You are a confirmed pedo and a mage user? We cannot be friends.
Old 11-12-2011, 02:28 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tombom [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You are a confirmed pedo
Mimix a pedo? Wha?
Old 11-12-2011, 03:03 AM
Aviak

I hope phil collins daughter didn't inherit her fathers hairline
Closed Thread