Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 07-29-2015, 03:45 PM
Large Bat

Why is there SWG hate? Sure it had its flaws, but it was a damn good MMO compared to most out there. Pre-Space Combat bullshit, I'd say it was my second favorite MMO.

Now the hate on Shadows of Mordor is rightfully so. Playing SoM or any Assassin's Creed game and enjoying it beyond 15 minutes, means you're easily entertained and borderline retarded. Who the hell thought up this combat system?

"I've got a crazy idea. We've got a shitload of character artists and no one who can do animations. Lets make a lot of unique looking characters who all do the same thing. Then we'll just throw someone 50k to make some finishing moves."
Old 07-29-2015, 04:56 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonasword [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Why is there SWG hate? Sure it had its flaws, but it was a damn good MMO compared to most out there. Pre-Space Combat bullshit, I'd say it was my second favorite MMO.
I loved SWG by default.. i had to, i loved EQ and I loved Starwars so how could I not love SWG?! So this is my story, I have every right to hate SWG.

It all started, well the disgust for SWG started I should say with my first shootout with other players. I was so excited! I was like, I'm from Rallos Zek PVP im going to show these guys how to pvp in an MMO. My first instinct was to watch the person fire, then duck under cover and dodge the blasts. I timed it perfectly and BAM got hit.. I was like what the fuck? So I tried strafing around a corner while this guy was firing at me, the laser bolts turned and passed right through the wall BAM hitting me. Basically I decided then and there that this game was retarded, but I kept believing and realy tried to give it a go.

Next big disappointment involved Jabbas Palace. I worked HARD on the quest line to allow you permission to enter the center of his domain, and hang out with sweet bounty hunters and the like! I couldnt wait to maybe meet boba fet!

Once I got in, it was empty. It took me like 4 days to do all the faction and questing to be allowed in, and it was fucking empty.. it was worse than decoding a 'drink your ovaltine' advertisment, it was like decoding a secret message that said, "... I was so pissed that they didnt even have 1 fucking NPC dancer that I could hang out with to get my fatigue back to 0.. nothing!! they had nothing. Jaba was a sad lonley slug with no pals.. sigh.

I thought, well hey lets explore the world! Ill just find something interesting on one of the planet maps, a blemish or somethign, anything that looks like it may be a dungion or anything. Ill run to it and explore!

I found this dark spot on some planet and ran there, as I got closer I could see it was a volcano or something... I climbed the moutain ready to smote something uppon its ruin! A cave! I saw a cave! I peeked in, deep inside I could see an IG-88 droid! This is it! I thought, finally a real dungeon like Lower guk or something! I cant wait to get the loot and show my friends!

But when I walked in the robots didnt even react to me.. So I tried to attack them, they just stood there.. No code, no AI, no pathing.. no nothing.. they just stood there and let me kill them and poofed when they died...

I was disgruntled.. ONE LAST ATTEMPT, I told myself. Ill look something up on the internet and find it!

On Yavin 4 I see a listing for a point of interest, The Death Star Turret. Oh that sounds awesome THE death star turret omg the disht hat shoots planets! Thats gota be cool! So using the location system I ran to view the majestic wonders of the Starwars Galaxy world.. along the way I even atracted a couple random strangers to join!

Well we made it, right at the loc. But nothing.. we circled the area, all of us trying to find SOMETHIng that was like a deathstar turret... I hit like f5 or something (or whatever it was that would change your camera view) and my camera jumped above me, pointing down.. there it was.. I was standing literately right on the deathstar turret.. a piece of crappy Geo no bigger than myself, a shitty little peace of crap gun.. once again, NOTHING...

well, on that same website I thought, ONE MORE CHANCE.. The Yavin 4 base! Surely that is going to be awesome! SURELY it will have SOMETHING.. I make my way, after another 40 minuet run (through NOTHING I might add) I made it, I walked in... what did I see? NOTHING!!!!

A big empty room.. oh wait, there is something, a man! Way down in the center of it stood one, single, little man dressed in the uniform of a deathstar guard. I hailed him.. Nothing...

Tl;dr NOTHING.. that game was a bunch of nothing slaped together with ductape... with one of the greatest franchises to ever be franchised.

That game blew

drugs
Old 07-31-2015, 10:50 PM
Fire Giant

Hide the Salami with my Uncle.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darwoth View Post
What is griefing to you anyway? Getting killed without a white glove to the left cheek and a formal declaration of imminent fisticuffs?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceros View Post
If you guys hadn't noticed, mimix ownz all, so just give in.
Old 07-31-2015, 11:12 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by mimixownzall [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Hide the Salami with my Uncle.
Don't know what was going on at your house but where I'm from we played hide the quarter.
Old 08-01-2015, 07:44 AM
Orc

Quote:
Originally Posted by iruinedyourday [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
It all started, well the disgust for SWG started I should say with my first shootout with other players.
For me it was the first shootout with *anything* as an over-the-shoulder viewer of my long-awaited beta experience mentioned the following:

"Why the fuck is your guys arm sticking out of his back as you're running away and shooting that rat?"

"So 'trapping' is where a wookiee throws a leather thermos at a mob after shooting it to half health with the arm sticking out of his back? That kind of sucks."

"So it's star wars, everyone walks everywhere...and the planets are way bigger than EQ was? There are really not even speeders? Lame."

"How do you sell shit if the auction house ATM is always broken?"

"Seriously, faster than light travel exists in this universe, and the best anyone can do is take a fucking train? Wait, the train is just a ten minute delay so you can click to zone to another planet? LOL"

...nevermind the cantinas full of twileks in their undewear (and the occasional nude rodian) either stripper dancing or playing awful, gimped, fragmented bits of what sounded like iconic star wars songs before they "skilled up" enough to play what one might recognize as music.

What a horrible implementation of what sounded like great ideas in those forums over the years of development. :/
Old 08-01-2015, 12:36 PM
Kobold

Alek just made us all look like idiots.