Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Old 04-04-2022, 06:41 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rager and Quitter [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Damn, you nerds will argue about anything on this game.
Old 04-04-2022, 07:36 PM
Banned

if you dont tip me, I will port you to skyfire mountains and not sow you
Old 04-04-2022, 07:41 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mazoku [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Ports should be 1 plat per level or 50 plat per port. Succor costs 100 because it sucks up a lot of mana and is dangerous.
For the most part people on Blue are very generous tippers. I don't think most people realize how much plat you can make if you're actively trying to port people. ~340 mana earning ~50p while being mostly AFK adds up real fast.

That said fuck succoring, I avoid doing them when at all possible unless I see someone WTB for a longgg time or get a direct request. Way too much of a time investment and either it takes forever to meet up/run/succor or they pay 20p.
Old 04-04-2022, 07:44 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crawdad [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
For the most part people on Blue are very generous tippers. I don't think most people realize how much plat you can make if you're actively trying to port people. ~340 mana earning ~50p while being mostly AFK adds up real fast.

That said fuck succoring, I avoid doing them when at all possible unless I see someone WTB for a longgg time or get a direct request. Way too much of a time investment and either it takes forever to meet up/run/succor or they pay 20p.
Blue is very different. On Green it seems that half the people want Dial to be a free bus with optional payments which is both sad and insulting to the people working Dial.
Old 04-04-2022, 07:57 PM
Planar Protector

We’re not working, we’re playing a game. Possibly at work.

Gorgen (Blue) - Agnostic Troll Warrior of the XXXI Dung

Old 04-04-2022, 09:19 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimjam [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
We’re not working, we’re playing a game. Possibly at work.
Oh, some people are working. The longer you follow server drama, the more of those you'll see get caught doing just that.
Old 04-04-2022, 09:45 PM
Planar Protector

TLDR: A bunch of penny pinching weirdos get mad at other penny pinching weirdos in 1999 elf sim.

Problem would be 100% resolved if porter stopped pretending to do the work for "tips" and went ahead and just listed a price. If you're doing it for "the generosity of the customer" than you aren't allowed to rage when someone doesn't throw down the big plat.

This thread is laughs I feel like a russian troller is here trying to get p99 community irate at eachother.

Strongly considering making a druid to assist these goofballs.
Lost but not forgotten.
Old 04-04-2022, 10:24 PM
Banned

I'm still a big fan of porting the porters. U can demand payment after, or even do it for free. Both are equally funny lol.
Old 04-04-2022, 10:51 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by PlsNoBan [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Boycott tipping for ports. Show those greedy fuckin porters who's boss. Maybe they'll go earn elf currency some other way like a normal person
Excellent idea. Come back in a week and let us know how the boat rides were.

I consider paying for ports to be paying for the time it saves me to not take the boat. Same with rezzes, they save me the time of not re-grinding that xp. It doesn't matter how much or little effort/time/mana it costs the person providing the service, what matters is the benefit I get from their service, and that benefit is worth my plat.
Old 04-05-2022, 12:00 AM
Planar Protector

lol someone tipped op 100pp while this druid was crying about not getting a tip lol