Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Old 03-10-2022, 03:18 PM
Kobold

To respond to some of yall:

I have never in the history of my many years on P99 had DaP provide or offer rezzes to me, so its great they have a cleric but its a shame they arent using it. Someone mentioned "why would I let the money to go another guild instead of DaP", you realize DaP tips dont go in some giant DaP piggy bank right? Its for personal gains, so it doesn't matter which "guild" it goes to. Thats just your pride talking.

Yall keep talking about people being stingy but lets be honest, level 10s arent going to Ring a Rez, they will make up the lost exp in minutes. Also people who need a rez just to travel arent going to Ring a Rez either cuz they can just get a free CR port from DaP.

Where this matters is level 40s+ who want an exp rez so they didn't just lose an hour-three hours of grinding and there are no clerics there. If youre in your 40s and value your time and everyone elses, you can afford 100pp for a rez and an extra 15 for the cleric to pay a DaP. DaP and the cleric both win, if yall dont see how this is mutually beneficial for the customer, DaP and clerics, I cant help yah.

Also to be clear: we are not a FOR TIPS guild. We are providing a service, we can set pricing if we want to and thats the one thing that will separate us from DaP. If you want us to travel across 10 zones and get a port to rez you for 10pp, sorry about it, thats your problem not ours. If you want a rez you'll pay for a rez, simple as that. We can all afford it if we're in our 40s/50s.

Glittersings / Glittercharms / Glitterheals <Anonymous>
Last edited by AdrenolineLove; 03-10-2022 at 03:20 PM..
Old 03-10-2022, 03:22 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdrenolineLove [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
and an extra 15 for the cleric to pay a DaP.
15p? Really? 15? thats all a port is worth to you? druid has to port 7 times to make 100p?

people like you are why this type of model doesn't work. you're also why no one wants to work wait staff anymore.
Old 03-10-2022, 03:25 PM
Kobold

Kinda ironic (and sad) that someone with over 2K posts on this board is telling people they 'suck at life'.
Old 03-10-2022, 03:36 PM
Banned

lol
Old 03-10-2022, 05:41 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdrenolineLove [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

I have never in the history of my many years on P99 had DaP provide or offer rezzes to me, so its great they have a cleric but its a shame they arent using it. Someone mentioned "why would I let the money to go another guild instead of DaP", you realize DaP tips dont go in some giant DaP piggy bank right? Its for personal gains, so it doesn't matter which "guild" it goes to. Thats just your pride talking.

Yall keep talking about people being stingy but lets be honest, level 10s arent going to Ring a Rez, they will make up the lost exp in minutes. Also people who need a rez just to travel arent going to Ring a Rez either cuz they can just get a free CR port from DaP.

Where this matters is level 40s+ who want an exp rez so they didn't just lose an hour-three hours of grinding and there are no clerics there. If youre in your 40s and value your time and everyone elses, you can afford 100pp for a rez and an extra 15 for the cleric to pay a DaP. DaP and the cleric both win, if yall dont see how this is mutually beneficial for the customer, DaP and clerics, I cant help yah.

Also to be clear: we are not a FOR TIPS guild. We are providing a service, we can set pricing if we want to and thats the one thing that will separate us from DaP. If you want us to travel across 10 zones and get a port to rez you for 10pp, sorry about it, thats your problem not ours. If you want a rez you'll pay for a rez, simple as that. We can all afford it if we're in our 40s/50s.
Yeah because DAP isn't going to you every time you need a port and saying "do you need a rez too?" Just like they aren't sending you random tells asking you if you need ports. DAP is an on request service...so if you need a rez, you can ask them for one and they will provide it. If you're unaware that DAP has guild clerics I don't know what to tell you...that has been a well known thing for years lol.

And again, it's not really mutually beneficial to DAP because again they have their own clerics who they can use and then both the rez and port tip go to a DAP character not a random third party.

Also, not really sure what your final point is intended to say. So you're a priced service and if anyone can't pay that price you won't rez them? Good strategy...if I don't like your pricing I'll go use DAP's rez service since they don't require a minimum tip. Edit: Not saying I'm trying to stiff people on rez tips, just trying to illustrate the point that not only is your service already competing with DAP's in general, but the service you're competing for also doesn't set a required payment so that's just another thing that may hurt you with your average player.
Old 03-12-2022, 02:03 AM
Sarnak

DAP HAS NOT AND NOR EVER WILL BE PORT FOR TIPS. Some porters may operate that way but the entire establishment of DAP is port for PAYMENTS. Dial is not a bus or volunteer service.

Quote:

Old 03-12-2022, 05:16 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nomadic Plainswalker [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Kinda ironic (and sad) that someone with over 2K posts on this board is telling people they 'suck at life'.
I retired before 40.

hbu?
Old 03-12-2022, 01:04 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trexller [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I retired before 40.

hbu?
Yeah but you probably also live in like Arkansas so you lose by default
Old 03-12-2022, 07:23 PM
Sarnak

Quote:

This is, sort of correct but l think you're lacking context and details. DAP doesn't require any kind of dues, thus the money you pay for ports does go straight into the hands of the porters, which you had correct. However, many members donate either plat, items, or both to the guild bank that is later distributed to members either directly or through a large raffle. The last one on Valentine's day was over 30k. So in that sense, a portion of DAP 'tips' are going into a 'giant piggy bank' that benefits the members. So in that sense, it could matter which guild it goes to.

Now all that being said, you seem intent on doing this regardless of what everyone's said in response, so by all means give it a shot. I definitely think you shouldn't be so quick to dismiss the low-level customer base though. High level players in established guilds really don't need the service you're offering - they have cleric friends more than willing to do this for them. It's your newbies and un-guilded that lack the connections to get rezzes that would be your bread-and-butter.
Old 03-13-2022, 12:21 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trexller [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I retired before 40.

hbu?
I'd have to talk to your mom and dad to confirm that. Yell upstairs and see if they are available.