Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Old 02-28-2022, 05:54 PM
Planar Protector

1/2 the classes in EQ are irrelevant XP leeachers in most situations. In any high-end zone, even in a full group, the enchanter/necro is basically trioing with the cleric and puller and has 3 other shit bags taking his XP. After 20 years of EQ the secret is out and people want to maximize the grind (and its a long grind on P99) so you see a lot of solo/duo/trio
Frostbane Wolfeye - Green99 - 54 Shaman
Cruetraxa Macequest - Green99 - 60 Necromancer
Snowleopard Wu'Tong - Green99 - 60 Monk
Lobsterhands - Green99 - 55 Cleric
#FreeWuTang
Old 02-28-2022, 05:55 PM
Planar Protector

Grouping on a Druid is vastly superior to quadding. You need a duo partner. Go to Kedge, Plane of Fear, or Kael, and though it takes practice, it's a lot of fun. On my druid I duoed Fear with a Necro and the exp was comparable to being powerleveled. The break in can be a tad tricky, Necro helps there too. You want to get to the north wall, just north of the flame wall. He can rez you there.

In Kael, you want a lowest level dire wolf. On breaks, either have your partner save you or use lowest level Fear on breaks. You can smash arena. Prepare for dispels though. Clicky DS gloves help a lot. I duoed with a shaman a lot.

In Kedge, you want to get a good pet. One of the named, like Cauldronbubble or seahorse matriarch. These mobs are dramatically stronger than anything else. You can kill Phinny and Undertow a bunch. Kedge takes some getting used to though, like learning to cast against walls so you don't get push interrupted.
Old 02-28-2022, 05:55 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bardp1999 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
1/2 the classes in EQ are irrelevant XP leeachers in most situations. In any high-end zone, even in a full group, the enchanter/necro is basically trioing with the cleric and puller and has 3 other shit bags taking his XP. After 20 years of EQ the secret is out and people want to maximize the grind (and its a long grind on P99) so you see a lot of solo/duo/trio
A good necro is 90% of the damage, the healer, and the puller.
Old 02-28-2022, 05:56 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by eisley [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
A good necro is 90% of the damage, the healer, and the puller.
Yea, basically my entire point
Frostbane Wolfeye - Green99 - 54 Shaman
Cruetraxa Macequest - Green99 - 60 Necromancer
Snowleopard Wu'Tong - Green99 - 60 Monk
Lobsterhands - Green99 - 55 Cleric
#FreeWuTang
Old 02-28-2022, 06:06 PM
Banned

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 02-28-2022, 06:06 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bardp1999 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Yea, basically my entire point
[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 02-28-2022, 06:14 PM
Sarnak

A lot those out there soloing will group, they just aren't seeking out the effort of organizing one. I'm getting way better XP soloing on my twinked Monk, so I'm not going to spend the time and energy finding five other players, get them all to one location, and fill in gaps as they come and go. If someone else does the work, then I'll take the slower XP just to hang for a bit and help out some players who don't have the easy solo XP luxury I do. It's also pretty fun to run into another equally twinked character and partner/trio up to wreck the area even harder.
Old 02-28-2022, 07:53 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by eisley [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Grouping on a Druid is vastly superior to quadding. You need a duo partner. Go to Kedge, Plane of Fear, or Kael, and though it takes practice, it's a lot of fun. On my druid I duoed Fear with a Necro and the exp was comparable to being powerleveled. The break in can be a tad tricky, Necro helps there too. You want to get to the north wall, just north of the flame wall. He can rez you there.

In Kael, you want a lowest level dire wolf. On breaks, either have your partner save you or use lowest level Fear on breaks. You can smash arena. Prepare for dispels though. Clicky DS gloves help a lot. I duoed with a shaman a lot.

In Kedge, you want to get a good pet. One of the named, like Cauldronbubble or seahorse matriarch. These mobs are dramatically stronger than anything else. You can kill Phinny and Undertow a bunch. Kedge takes some getting used to though, like learning to cast against walls so you don't get push interrupted.
I mean no. If you are quading 6:40 spawns your xp will be much faster than duoing
Old 02-28-2022, 07:57 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ooloo [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I still think the fundamental answer to the topheavy nature of the entire project is to just somehow retire existing characters. Otherwise every subsequent iteration will just be more and more subdivided.

Everyone who threatens that they'd quit if they couldn't raid vulak for the 1368th time on blue (or now green too basically) are by definition a small percentage of the actual total playerbase.
I mean this is the dumbest idea that’s been presented in awhile no offense.

One of the main reasons that makes P99 viable is the fact that it and your characters are always there along with relatively consistent player population. If I and others didn’t care if our characters later became basically meaningless then TLPs would be more popular (because every TLP server essentially dies which is basically the equivalent of erasing all the characters). If P99 erased the characters after each server iteration you’d have way less people playing. Has nothing to do with the big raid guild(s).
Old 02-28-2022, 08:26 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by cd288 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I mean no. If you are quading 6:40 spawns your xp will be much faster than duoing
As with all charm groups, the key lies in how good they are. A good PoFear duo is insane exp, it was faster than Chardok PL.