Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Old 10-12-2022, 07:38 PM
Skeleton

Quote:
Originally Posted by magnetaress [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

There was butt ppl are really dumb and they always elect or get GMs.

99% of humanity is weaksauce who is incapable to of getting pixels without GM aid so this is what we got.
Could you find some other like-minded libertarians who would agree to cooperate and coordinate with you and each other to put in the legwork to set up a server, maintain it constantly, and fund its costs so as to create a truly libertarian utopia absent of the constraints imposed by the 99% of the weaksauces that we could all play on so as to experience your vision?

Showing is more powerful than explaining.
Old 10-12-2022, 08:08 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by acrostoa [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Could you find some other like-minded libertarians who would agree to cooperate and coordinate with you and each other to put in the legwork to set up a server, maintain it constantly, and fund its costs so as to create a truly libertarian utopia absent of the constraints imposed by the 99% of the weaksauces that we could all play on so as to experience your vision?

Showing is more powerful than explaining.
That server already exists, two forums down as a matter of fact. Nobody wants to play there though.
Old 10-13-2022, 12:44 AM
Skeleton

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravager [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
That server already exists, two forums down as a matter of fact. Nobody wants to play there though.
Shocking
Old 10-13-2022, 01:11 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kich867 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You can't really do this on red. There's still level ranges, you can't deal with a high level player who wants to grief you. And unless you've played there for ages, good luck ever actually dealing with anyone over anything. You're not killin anybody with your 0 MR, non-fungi, non-piles of clickies character.
Basically. Folks there have been playing for 10 years and have had the time to amass all the advantages. Also if I'm playing anything other than a wizard or shadowknight, I'm not really gonna have a chance. EQ class balance regarding PvP is horrible.

I also don't have the connections to call upon an army to come defend me. It's pointless to try on that server.
Old 10-13-2022, 01:13 AM
Planar Protector

Makes no difference, in eq there is predators and prey
Old 10-14-2022, 02:10 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gloomlord [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
But, apparently, these 3 circumstances we've listed are perfectly acceptable.

What's next? A level 50+ clearing orc camps in EC to get belts and faction?
lol literally just had this happen! But I shouldn't add fuel to the fire and will say aside from getting bitched at for blasting ooc before sending a tell (dude wouldn't respond to /say) things evened out quick and dude made right. You're never gonna find a community with out assholes.
Someone can say the glass is half full and another can say it's half empty and there both right. As a whole this place is a damn good glass of wine
Old 10-14-2022, 02:34 PM
Sarnak

I only read the OP. Why does nobody on this server have any clue how the game works?

Quote:
Open Outdoor Zones can be anything from Western Wastes, Karanas or West Commons. There are no staff recognized camps for this zone type outside of single spawn points. Examples of single spawn types might be Ocean of Tears Ancient Cyclops, Iceclad Ocean Stormfeather, or Qeynos Hills Hadden. Though, any single spawn point can be claimed, that is the only spawn you can hunt (if being contested). If you are to claim this point you must get aggro/First to Encounter (FTE) within a reasonable amount of time.
This rule doesn't apply to outdoor zones, it applies to open outdoor zones. That word is there for a reason. It matters. You are allowed to claim multiple spawns in Paineel because Paineel is not an open outdoor zone. It's flagged by the game as a dungeon. Test it yourself. Go to Paineel and try to cast Cancel Magic without line-of-sight. It doesn't work. Whether or not you can "see the sky" doesn't mean a single fucking thing.

This game has been out for decades and y'all still don't know how it works. It's fucking embarrassing. Figure it out.
Old 10-14-2022, 04:40 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by goblinmob [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
lol literally just had this happen! But I shouldn't add fuel to the fire and will say aside from getting bitched at for blasting ooc before sending a tell (dude wouldn't respond to /say) things evened out quick and dude made right. You're never gonna find a community with out assholes.
Someone can say the glass is half full and another can say it's half empty and there both right. As a whole this place is a damn good glass of wine
EC is probably the worst place to /ooc something. all the assholes come out
Old 10-14-2022, 05:29 PM
Fire Giant

So I've been visiting OoT the last few days or so and I see Selush still out there with the <Ancient Blood> guild tag. It's a pity because I thought AB were genuinely cool and chill lizards who don't tolerate bad behavior, but it seems I am wrong. I guess we know what they stand for as a guild.
Old 10-14-2022, 05:30 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Synthlol [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I only read the OP. Why does nobody on this server have any clue how the game works?

This rule doesn't apply to outdoor zones, it applies to open outdoor zones. That word is there for a reason. It matters. You are allowed to claim multiple spawns in Paineel because Paineel is not an open outdoor zone. It's flagged by the game as a dungeon. Test it yourself. Go to Paineel and try to cast Cancel Magic without line-of-sight. It doesn't work. Whether or not you can "see the sky" doesn't mean a single fucking thing.

This game has been out for decades and y'all still don't know how it works. It's fucking embarrassing. Figure it out.
Correct. The only people who use the “it’s an outdoor zone” things in cities and dungeons are the people who want to use it to monopolize as many spawns as they possibly can. Anyone who does that tells you all you need to know