Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Tanks

Closed Thread

Old 08-11-2021, 01:58 PM
Planar Protector

Also if you have a Rocksmasher it's not a matter of IF you can get the epic but WHEN you will. Even if it's a vanity item, the OP is well likely to get one and occasionally use it.

Is it worth it? Sure, what else do you do in this silly time locked elf sim?
Old 08-11-2021, 02:39 PM
Planar Protector

I'd just save up for a Tunare sword.
Old 08-11-2021, 02:47 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toxigen [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I'd just save up for a Tunare sword.
Ratio/stats are amazing, but the root proc is a problem when fear kiting. You still need a great non-rooting weapon, like Rocksmasher, Avatar 2H, Ancient Fire Etched Flamberge, etc. And Epic is still good for the lifesteal proc.

Tunare Sword is better on Paladin as a general main weapon, since they have root built into their kit already.
Old 08-11-2021, 04:59 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ennewi [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The thing is, you aren't just saying that to me but to the majority of posters in the thread linked above. This is a strange hill to die on, or mountain to push a boulder up, but go ahead. At least explain why you're king of the hill though. You answered none of the questions I asked and instead tried to be inflammatory which adds nothing to the conversation except in RNF or in Norrath, role-playing as a Shadow Knight.

Another takeaway from the linked thread...

SKs pull, or at the very least assist with pulling. Rocksmasher has no resists, Innoruuk's Curse has plenty. Resists are necessary. They can't be overemphasized. You can never have enough of them. It also has 2H bash, which means if you're pulling a caster and it's casting on you, there's the opportunity to run back and bash interrupt the ice comet or whatever, without swapping weapons.

As others have said, the epic is a well-rounded weapon for survivability. It complements vampiric embrace/shroud of death (small procs), but it isn't the best for any one thing other than regaining health. Rocksmasher is a DPS weapon with stats that tanks need. It even has AC, which the epic lacks, but again no resists which are high on the list for pullers and the SK spellbook doesn't offer great resists like the paladin's. Granted, there are PoM flowers, along with a plethora of shields and one-handers to swap out to for resists, but that's another conversation.
Imagine writing all this and still you'd use shield if you that worried about pulling. If you are pulling easy group content shit, keep your good dps stuff out. Hope that helps.

PS- epic is a waste of time thanks.
Old 08-11-2021, 05:04 PM
Planar Protector

One weapon does more damage
The other does less damage

Only keep the weapon that does the most damage.
Told this to Rogean, Nilbog & Menden.
Old 08-11-2021, 05:16 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ripqozko [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Imagine writing all this and still you'd use shield if you that worried about pulling. If you are pulling easy group content shit, keep your good dps stuff out. Hope that helps.

PS- epic is a waste of time thanks.
My ashenbone shield has no resists. I like to leave behind beautiful corpses so the rogues pick me to drag first. Sorry I don't got https://wiki.project1999.com/Shield_...lawed_Guardian? I'm not.
Old 08-11-2021, 05:17 PM
Planar Protector

People will think I'd dumb after this but....

BiS means best in slot
Old 08-11-2021, 05:23 PM
Planar Protector

BiS also stands for brain injury society.
Old 08-11-2021, 05:35 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ennewi [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
BiS also stands for brain injury society.
[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

no
Old 08-11-2021, 05:36 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
My ashenbone shield has no resists. I like to leave behind beautiful corpses so the rogues pick me to drag first. Sorry I don't got https://wiki.project1999.com/Shield_...lawed_Guardian? I'm not.
imagine not being able to buy a sarnak shield thats like nothing now or the one off the shm epic mob.
Closed Thread