Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Raid Discussion

Closed Thread

Old 01-21-2014, 12:40 PM
Planar Protector

Default Fear/Hate Training rules

So first let me say that I was not on for this whole mess, so I am going off of posts only. That being said, I think this quote by Sirken is worth some discussion (about whether The A-Team was asking for it by being at the West Wall).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sirken
i understand it's probably past your bedtime, you're probably pretty sleepy and need a nap, so i'll save you the task of having to spend more than 30 seconds thinking about something before you post some kind of moronic comment like MM is not a raid zone. no shit MM is not a raid zone, that was not the comparison that was being made. the comparison was that kids who cry about getting social aggro from the kites because they are in the SW corner of the zone deserve their fate for being dumber than a bag of rocks, just like kids that hang out at the MM zoneline who complain about constant training in MM are also dumber than a bag of rocks and deserve their fate.
Let's change the zone to KC. The general consensus is that if you set up camp at the zone out (usually a bunch of soloers) you're going to get trained periodically because that's just what happens: no one is going to sit there and die rather than zone out.

I don't think that applies here. A) I hold guilds of players to a higher standard than random noobs in kc and b) these are trains that are intentionally created to save time, not 'omg wtf do i do panic'.

I think we need to see some extremely clear rules and Derubael maps here, and the more I think about it, the more I think either set of rules is pretty dumb: if you allow trains, then people WILL get run over (and hey, everyone has a first time), and if you don't, then it's going to be a silly leapfrog race. Which is why I think EQ 'competition' is silly. Regardless, let's make it clear exactly what kind of silly we are going to have here.
in words of anal fingers, just a filthy spaniard
Old 01-21-2014, 01:00 PM
Sarnak

I think training ALL of Fear in order to engage Draco/CT is awesome... said no one in a non-Zerg guild ever. Draco/CT and Innoruuk FFA's are shit shows and always will be if the first guild into the zone with 24+ doesn't get 30-60minutes to engage. Pure numbers, as always will win out if nothing is changed.

I'm fine with whatever, but we all know CT kills are ridiculous. Hell the more people there are in the zone, the less the DT's actual hurt the guilds that are actually engaging and that's just awesome.

~Yao
Stunz Andmezs - 60 Enchanter
Bripip - 60 Wizard
Bogmuk - 59 Warrior
Rational - 55 Shaman
Paradoxy - 42 Ranger
Old 01-21-2014, 02:08 PM
VIP / Contributor

just dont hunt in the SW corner when CT is up. the kiters have to take certain paths to avoid the DT cycle crap.

why must it be the SW corner? because you need the mobs at the opposite end of CT or they will wipe your face.

why not reposition CT? because the rest of the mobs in the zone will catch you and wipe your face.

why not say they aren't allowed to kite the trash away? because it's classic as fawk, it was exactly what any competent guild did on my live server, and has been a legit tactic since forever.

TL;DR
Hunting in SW corner with CT and QQing about getting trained is like signing up to the secret service and then complaining when u actually take a bullet for the pres.

just avoid the whole thing, be smart, know how the zone works. sincerely trying to help you here,

Sirks

Sirken's Twitch Stream - www.twitch.tv/sirken_

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uthgaard View Post
Accusing me of simultaneous favoritism for two opposing guilds involves a special kind of stupid
Quote:
Originally Posted by karsten View Post
going after sirken is like going to a cheerleader convention and punching the only one that bothered to talk to you
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rogean View Post
I've met Sirken IRL.. he ain't jelly of shit

Old 01-21-2014, 02:40 PM
Developer

Send a message via AIM to Aeolwind Send a message via MSN to Aeolwind Send a message via Yahoo to Aeolwind

Just curious, what about dread/fright/terror? If they are aggro on the kiter he should catch a DT long before he (the kiter) gets to the SW corner.

Reason we never did it on live was due to DT's. While we enjoyed killing our bards playing with it, it just never panned out right. Generally, he'd eat one before he made the 2nd lap around he zone in mound.

Also, CT should be roaming from the Fire in the west back towards the east, is he not roaming?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nilbog
If all the polls I have done up until now fully counted, you would be playing on some abomination of a PVP server with 2-10 boxing based on votes from people named xcm234nv and adfa234.
Last edited by Aeolwind; 01-21-2014 at 02:44 PM..
Old 01-21-2014, 02:43 PM
Planar Protector

I don't think it works that way here - DT cycle is pretty screwy
Old 01-21-2014, 02:54 PM
Developer

Send a message via AIM to Aeolwind Send a message via MSN to Aeolwind Send a message via Yahoo to Aeolwind

Quote:
Originally Posted by quido [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I don't think it works that way here - DT cycle is pretty screwy
Prob gonna have to poke around in there again. Sigh, I hate that script.

Quote:
If all the polls I have done up until now fully counted, you would be playing on some abomination of a PVP server with 2-10 boxing based on votes from people named xcm234nv and adfa234.
Old 01-21-2014, 02:57 PM
Planar Protector

I'd be really curious to see it.
Old 01-21-2014, 03:06 PM
Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by quido [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I'd be really curious to see it.
It cannot be unseen. You'd have a better chance at survival staring at Azathoth for an hour.

Quote:
Old 01-21-2014, 03:13 PM
Sarnak

So 1 bard and 3 golem sacrifices = win?
Stunz Andmezs - 60 Enchanter
Bripip - 60 Wizard
Bogmuk - 59 Warrior
Rational - 55 Shaman
Paradoxy - 42 Ranger
Old 01-21-2014, 05:13 PM
Planar Protector

Sirken, I don't think you understood my point. You need to state unequivicoally one of the following:

a) IF YOU TRAIN SOMEONE IN FEAR WE WILL FUCK YOU UP

or

b) WE SUPPORT FEAR KITES; IF YOU ARE IN DERUBAEL-AREA-X YOU ARE FFA

or

c) whatever

but my point is currently you are just saying 'well this is what they do' and the relevant point is what YOU are going to do
in words of anal fingers, just a filthy spaniard
Closed Thread