Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Server Issues > Bugs

Old 12-19-2012, 03:56 PM
Banned

Default Should not be able to complete epics before 45

Starting evidence:

http://thedruidsgrove.org/archive/eq/t-2458.html
Quote:
At 44 I got a response about 'proving myself to the cause' or something like that. Did some muffins and bat wings, came back, and got 'too young for this task'. Tried at 45, still got the 'too young' message. At 46 he started resonding normally.

So ~ my assumptions were that the first message I got about proving dedication were a faction issue, the second about being too young was a level issue.

Sounds like it has indeed been changed -- all my turn ins so far have been fine at level 47. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I know for a fact that the wizard epic mob, Camin, would not accept the note until you were at least lvl 45.

There's more elsewhere on this. I'll add to it as I am able to find it.

Note: If you ever saw someone running around with epics before this on live, they were delvled/sac'd after obtaining it.
Old 12-19-2012, 04:01 PM
VIP / Contributor

I have a level 15 monk on EQmac with monk epic. I am sure I could of done it at level one. Not sure about the other epics.
Old 12-19-2012, 04:09 PM
Banned

i recall shaman epic being cocked blocked at the boot quest until a high lvl like 46 or even 50/51
Old 12-19-2012, 04:40 PM
Banned

Well if someone can do the druid epic at lvl 15 there, that will invalidate EQ mac as being a good source for this one.

Same deal with wizard.
Old 12-19-2012, 07:12 PM
Planar Protector

Here's a random comment from allakhazam dunno how accurate:

Cannot begin until Level 50
QuoteReply
# Jul 27 2011 at 4:09 PM Rating: Decent
AudacityoftheFeralkin
76 posts
You CANNOT get your Ragebringer until level 50. You can still get the items...but don't bother with any of the dialogues/turn-ins until level 50. I wasted an hour running around Catacombs trying to find Malka to begin it, just to have her tell me to take a hike. (Level 46)
Old 12-19-2012, 07:14 PM
Planar Protector

Here's a post from EQMAC:

Illicit
Post subject: Re: Rogue Epic - Is it worth it?
PostPosted: Thu Nov 24, 2011 5:51 pm

Darco,

You need to be 50 to start the quest, though technically a level 50+ toon can summon Stanos for you, but it's touch & go as to whether a sub-50 toon can complete the handins (I've heard he'll eat handins from under-levelled toons). Just get to 50 if you want to be safe.

The General has dropped ONE Quill that I know of on AK, so start farming robes early and often instead.

You'll need the General's Pouch, JDD, and Quill to complete the quest. Little else really matters. A reliable walkthrough I've used can be found HERE. I start with the pickpocketing of notes, and go from there.

Hope that helps.

http://www.eqmac.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=10887
Old 12-19-2012, 07:14 PM
Planar Protector

this one seems to imply sub 50:

Post subject: Re: Rogue Epic - Is it worth it?
PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2012 2:57 am

Illicit wrote:
Darco,

You need to be 50 to start the quest, though technically a level 50+ toon can summon Stanos for you, but it's touch & go as to whether a sub-50 toon can complete the handins (I've heard he'll eat handins from under-levelled toons). Just get to 50 if you want to be safe.

The General has dropped ONE Quill that I know of on AK, so start farming robes early and often instead.

You'll need the General's Pouch, JDD, and Quill to complete the quest. Little else really matters. A reliable walkthrough I've used can be found HERE. I start with the pickpocketing of notes, and go from there.

Hope that helps.

I did this PC side Pre-Luclin on my Rogue and was using Ragebringer at 48. I started working on the quest at 40 (pickpocketing the items, etc). I might have had it sooner, but leveled on my way to finish the quest. Of course, that was PC side, but it was an era before the time EQMac is frozen in.
Old 12-19-2012, 07:16 PM
Planar Protector

http://www.thesafehouse.org/forums//...hp?t-8890.html

this oen from the safehouse says definitely doesnt work under 50:

"EZ_mythren
12-07-03, 08:28 PM
Searched for it, but haven't seen anything that deals with it - maybe I searched wrong. I'm curious as to the level requirement to get Ragebringer.

I've seen it confirmed for level 50, but has it been tried lower? Can anyone *confirm* you have to be 50, or could you possibly do it at 46 (when you can enter Hate to get the book). Has anyone actually ever heard of a 46-49 Rogue trying it and NOT receiving Ragebringer?

Any help here would be hot - I'd like to nab mine as soon as possible .

Thanks in advance!
Turlo
12-07-03, 08:41 PM
Yes, it has been done in the past, and yes, the items will get eaten. You may be able to do some of the prep work for it, but I strongly advice against doing the final turn in, and any crutial earlier turn in, until you are 50.
EZ_mythren
12-07-03, 09:25 PM
Alright, thanks - I won't give it a shot until 50 then .
Yalum
12-07-03, 09:36 PM
You must be 50, as so must anyone you are MQ'ing with. I've seen Kedge robes eaten in the past because of that.
EZ_kraxin01
12-10-03, 07:20 AM
Weird, you should have told me level 47 rogue that before he successfully got his Ragebringer.
EZ_Vumyan Onion
12-11-03, 05:10 AM
I believe you can do the last turn in as a mq pre-50, but I wouldn't risk it.
EZ_AsturiasAurora
12-11-03, 06:05 AM
I think in all epics, there have been instances where they have succeeded in getting their epics at levels less than 50. But honestly, is it really that much of a deal to get those 3-4 levels and just hit 50 to make sure? It's not like levelling is hard these days...

If you follow the quest through, from start to finish, WITHOUT and MQ's, then you will HAVE to be 50 to initiate the dialogue with a number of the NPCs.

If you bend the rules a bit and MQ the items, it just depends on which NPCs you may MQ with; some of them will steal 'eat' the items if both the MQ'ers involved are not 50.

Just play it safe and just get those last few levels you need to ding 50 and do it without all the risks.
12-11-03, 09:25 AM
Hey no reason to get snippy.

If he wants to use the ragebringer for 15 levels instead of 12 levels and get even more tired of not being able to find a replacement, then more power to him.

It really isn't worth the hassle to MQ just to avoid leveling to 50, especially with how fast leveling is now. The time spent working around the level limits through MQ would be more than if you just leveled and did it.

-L"
Old 12-19-2012, 07:17 PM
Planar Protector

A lot of contradictory statements, it seems that all the parts leading up to final turn in cannot be done sub 50, but yet the final turn in can.
Old 12-19-2012, 07:20 PM
Planar Protector

i remember rogues getting epics and deleveling on rz because they couldnt get them til 46+. just memory and no evidence to back that up.