Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Old 03-31-2022, 03:43 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lune [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
If that's how you derive satisfaction in your life, cool, you do you. But for me, fuck that. I work only as much as I need to to fund the things I actually want to spend my life doing. And luckily I was born rich then also married rich so that amount of required work is virtually non-existent. Even so, I'd be happy with virtually nothing materially as long as I had my wife and my freedom.
Congrats on your dream bro but holy fuck sticks stay the fuck away from politics.
Old 03-31-2022, 08:47 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lune [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Can't tell if you are being ironic or not.

"Hmm, I only have anywhere from probably 45-80 years of existence as an entity before it's gone forever. I better spend an overwhelming proportion of that time moving beans from this place to that place".

If that's how you derive satisfaction in your life, cool, you do you. But for me, fuck that. I work only as much as I need to to fund the things I actually want to spend my life doing. And luckily I was born rich then also married rich so that amount of required work is virtually non-existent. Even so, I'd be happy with virtually nothing materially as long as I had my wife and my freedom.

To clarify, that freedom is freedom from labor, freedom from having to sell my limited time on this Earth to somebody else in order to simply survive. That's not life, it's slavery with extra steps, and I find it so sad and pathetic.
oh look the guy that hasnt worked for anything in his life is going to preach unto the plebs his philosophies on labor and its value

fucking gold
Old 03-31-2022, 09:01 AM
Banned

Work sucks, but I have done it consistently since I was 14. I've only had a few jobs I honestly enjoyed and didn't dread. The one I have now, having escaped hospitality since covid blasted it all out, is alright. I can listen to music and only deal with people via email and just crack on. It pays okay.

My retirement fund is a bit thin after a shitload of medical bills, but oh well, I just work until I die I guess

Still beats those dudes pulling blocks of sulfur out of a volcano for pennies in Indonesia like in Workingman's Death, so it's all relative
Old 03-31-2022, 09:56 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mblake1981 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
They do customer service now.

edit: in some cases did do customer service, replaced by automation. You have guys with a bank-backed college degree who designed tech to replace the bottom, but no mentioned plan on what to do with them. People were bent over predatory lending, my god these fuckers ate the whole ass out. In swoops #YangGang with a Gov-backed UBI...

fuck sake

Oh that bitcoin digital shit is what we will pay your UBI with.. oh whats that? you stupid american, you don't like politik? fuck ya and your family, no more money. We love you long time by proxy, all give no take you dumb ass bitch fucker.
*easily reconciles post with LTOV*
Old 03-31-2022, 10:04 AM
Fire Giant

The answer is Motherhood. Motherhood is the hardest job, isn't that right Bill Burr?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Xp4z5qlyqs
Old 03-31-2022, 10:27 AM
Banned

Being a (the) matriarch of a strong, healthy, spiritually well and happy productive pretty household is the hardest job!
Old 03-31-2022, 11:16 AM
Banned

Quote:
Can't tell if you are being ironic or not.

"Hmm, I only have anywhere from probably 45-80 years of existence as an entity before it's gone forever. I better spend an overwhelming proportion of that time moving beans from this place to that place".

To clarify, that freedom is freedom from labor, freedom from having to sell my limited time on this Earth to somebody else in order to simply survive. That's not life, it's slavery with extra steps, and I find it so sad and pathetic.
Work is not just your income. It’s the maintenance of your home, your car, your health, even social maintenance of your relationships. For working on your possessions, it creates pride of ownership

Things given do not create the same sort of character growth as things earned

Also work puts us into a routine, and having a routine is necessary for mental stability. We are creatures of habit, have always been. We need to develop the healthy habits
Last edited by unsunghero; 03-31-2022 at 11:19 AM..
Old 03-31-2022, 11:26 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by robayon [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Work sucks, but I have done it consistently since I was 14. I've only had a few jobs I honestly enjoyed and didn't dread. The one I have now, having escaped hospitality since covid blasted it all out, is alright. I can listen to music and only deal with people via email and just crack on. It pays okay.

My retirement fund is a bit thin after a shitload of medical bills, but oh well, I just work until I die I guess

Still beats those dudes pulling blocks of sulfur out of a volcano for pennies in Indonesia like in Workingman's Death, so it's all relative
There is a strong correlation between retirement and depression

Our work becomes our identity, saying what we do for a living is most often the thing that follows our name as our sense of self. It creates a purpose in life, and usually the satisfaction that we are bettering the lives of others as well with our efforts

Choosing to not be a “slave” to some employer will often inadvertently just leave someone a slave to their own short-term pleasure impulses, a slave to their own hedonism. Which is why you so often see the younger unemployed become addicted to short-term fixes like illegal drugs

I recommend when retiring still creating a sense of purpose and structure
Old 03-31-2022, 11:30 AM
Banned

When I retire I want my conciousness uploaded to an advanced self replicating robot with backups offworld which can survive thermonuclear devastation so I can keep the pesky humans in check as G-d intended. /\
Old 03-31-2022, 11:42 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by unsunghero [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Work is not just your income. It’s the maintenance of your home, your car, your health, even social maintenance of your relationships. For working on your possessions, it creates pride of ownership

Things given do not create the same sort of character growth as things earned

Also work puts us into a routine, and having a routine is necessary for mental stability. We are creatures of habit, have always been. We need to develop the healthy habits
Straight up word.. Routine is key dude.. Routine is keeeeeeey!

M-F:
Up at 4:30am, catch a bus to work by 5:30am
Work till 3pm, catch a bus home.
Walk into home, change into gym clothes, and jog to the gym.
Do my hour, come home, cook dinner.
Take the dog for a walk and shower.
Enjoy 2 hours of free time before winding down for bed.

Rinse/Repeat and be happy [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]