Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Starting Zone

Old 06-18-2023, 06:49 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lampolo [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The gap between cleric heals and shaman heals only grows. Aswell as the gap between tanks
Only CH has a significant gap, and you can look at the wiki to confirm this.

Torpor is more efficient than Celestial Elixir. The only downside to it is the snare obviously, but in a Shaman/Enchanter/Monk trio the Shaman will be tanking with Torpor. It isn't like you are letting the monk or the Enchanter pet tank. It is better to have them DPSing behind the mob to maximize damage.

Chloroblast is only 50 HP lower than Remedy for the same mana cost. Divine Light is niche because it basically costs the same amount as a CH. Most of the time you would want to cast a CH over Divine Light, because it is more mana efficient.

Most trio encounters are slowable, which means the Shaman is very efficient at mitigating damage. There is a reason why Shamans are the second best solo class in the game. They can out-mitigate a large chunk of content solo with Torpor/Slow.

Once content starts needing CH and Warrior discs, it is a bit risky to do it with a trio, especially the epic stuff. Better to ask for help than lose progress.
Old 06-18-2023, 06:51 PM
Sarnak

Sham cannot substitute a cleric or an ench in this trio. I mean they can just not so great. Just like a cleric can't substitute a sham In a mnk/shm duo. They can but not so great
Old 06-18-2023, 06:52 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lampolo [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Sham cannot substitute a cleric or an ench in this trio. I mean they can just not so great. Just like a cleric can't substitute a sham In a mnk/shm duo. They can but not so great
Please show some examples of trio content that requires a Warrior + Cleric, and is not risky to do with just a trio.
Old 06-18-2023, 07:01 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
60 cleric, 60 war, 60 ench, 60 monk, 52 monk and many other alts on blue. I also played live. I am well aware of shamans and their capabilities due to my time on monks. Due to my time on clerics, enchanters and tanks i can tell you sham is overrated and so is sk. Your view point is narrow. You get a better take on some classes and how they fit in when your not playing them.
Shaman is NOT overrated. What the hell?
Old 06-18-2023, 07:07 PM
Sarnak

If we are talking "requires" you can get rid of every class in the game. Can probably zerg raid naked with ench tanking with enough practice. This is a discussion on "best" xp trio with self dropped gear.
Old 06-18-2023, 07:10 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Worry [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Shaman is NOT overrated. What the hell?
Well I think they are overrated based on the fact I never cared for one unless I was playing a monk. I still say s teir but overrated for most situations
Old 06-18-2023, 07:13 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
If we are talking "requires" you can get rid of every class in the game. Can probably zerg raid naked with ench tanking with enough practice. This is a discussion on "best" xp trio with self dropped gear.
That is a nothing answer. You are adamantly claiming Cleric healing efficiency is required for fast xping, but you have provided no evidence for this claim, and you think math plays no factor in this.

Please give some examples of camps that need Clerics over Shamans for fast XPing. Your level 24 example is irrelevant when Fungi Tunic could carry that group just as easily.
Old 06-19-2023, 03:03 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeathsSilkyMist [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I didn't explain it very well. You slow the mob and then dispel after you get control, or use a 3 minute slow and wait. I used the rehaste as a shorthand for dispel, which was confusing. The reality is you rarely need to save a good enchanter with tons of heals, slows, extra stuns, w/e. Its a niche case to begin with, unless your Enchanter is just not very good.

You misunderstand. Slow cuts a mobs DPS by 70% instantly. If a mob was doing 100 DPS, now it is doing 30 DPS. An Enchanter with 2000 HP is dying in 20 seconds from 100 DP. At 30 DPS the same Enchanter would need more than a minute to die. It's a huge change. There is no need for Cleric heals on a mob doing 30 DPS at level 60.

Torpor is better than CE, its more mana efficient and can heal for 1500 instead of 1200. Remedy isn't better enough from Chloroblast to matter. Divine Light is more life, but slow can make up for for that loss, and divine light has a longer cast time. CH is the main reason why Clerics are amazing from a healing perspective.
You’re flip flopping on whether immediate impact or efficiency is more important on charm break.

Imo a burst heal, stun or basic root and toeing the mob are often better than slow/dispel. Dispel could end up being equivalent to a nuke for thousands of hp if you’re retaining a buffed pet. If you aren’t retaining pets the slow isn’t ao bad as you can just cc the old pet for being killed and charm a new one.

Enc/shaman better lends itself to a different play style so it is a bit apples/oranges.

Edit: forgot to mention encs are usually pretty keen on active positioning so that is a big red glaf on torpor there.

Gorgen (Blue) - Agnostic Troll Warrior of the XXXI Dung

Last edited by Jimjam; 06-19-2023 at 03:05 AM..
Old 06-19-2023, 03:17 AM
Orc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimjam [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You’re flip flopping on whether immediate impact or efficiency is more important on charm break.
None of it is important. Enchanters are gods of EQ classic to POP. You stun the mob, instant refresh gems and recharm it.
Old 06-19-2023, 04:02 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mateo [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
None of it is important. Enchanters are gods of EQ classic to POP. You stun the mob, instant refresh gems and recharm it.
This is crux to why cleric is better (than shaman - we know many encs prefer solitude to a duo/trio anyway). The chance of resisting both stuns is far smaller than a single one.

Gorgen (Blue) - Agnostic Troll Warrior of the XXXI Dung