Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Tanks

Old 11-05-2023, 05:08 PM
Fire Giant

Not me sitting here baffled that we’re having a 15 page argument about Shaman DPS lol
Old 11-05-2023, 05:30 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeathsSilkyMist [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
As usual you have no data to back up your claims.

Multiple bullies will tell you the sky is orange and yell at you when you correct them. Just because these bullies disagree with you, it doesn't mean they are correct.

Please stop spamming threads with nonsense. If you want to troll, stick to RnF. Nobody wants you to troll threads.
Remember how many people disagreed with you in the infamous caster thread, DSM? You kept telling us "argumentum ad populum" over and over again, but then you switch to saying "I am not sure why you think anybody agrees with you".

Do you not see how much of a massive hypocrite you are, even if this were true?
Old 11-05-2023, 05:41 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gloomlord [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Remember how many people disagreed with you in the infamous caster thread, DSM? You kept telling us "argumentum ad populum" over and over again, but then you switch to saying "I am not sure why you think anybody agrees with you".

Do you not see how much of a massive hypocrite you are, even if this were true?
You seem to not understand nuance. You are a troll who has 400+ posts that are only insults, and the only people who agree with you are other well known trolls.

Why do you think regular posters who aren't the normal trolls agree with you? There's no data to supoort this claim. You haven't done anything to win support. You just act like an asshole, while supplying nothing of value.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trelaboon [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Not me sitting here baffled that we’re having a 15 page argument about Shaman DPS lol
I agree it is baffling. People like Troxx keep posting nonsense about Shaman DPS with no data to back it up.
Last edited by DeathsSilkyMist; 11-05-2023 at 05:44 PM..
Old 11-05-2023, 05:50 PM
Fire Giant

Okay, first off: the people who don't engage with you still don't like and/or agree with you. A lot of them just say "you're a moron/weirdo" and leave it at that. I'm pretty sure, even by your idiotic standards, they weren't "trolls".

Second of all: you didn't refute your own hypocrisy with your stupid post. It's another case of "having your cake and eating it too".
Last edited by Gloomlord; 11-05-2023 at 05:56 PM.. Reason: Grammar
Old 11-05-2023, 05:59 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gloomlord [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Okay, first off: the people who don't engage with you still didn't like and/or agree with you. A lot of them just say "you're a moron/weirdo" and leave it at that. I'm pretty sure, even by your idiotic standards, they weren't "trolls".

Second of all: you didn't refute your own hypocrisy with your stupid post. It's another case of "having your cake and eating it too".
It is completely fine for someone to disagree with me. There have been many posters over the years who aren't trolls who have disagreed with me. I am not sure why you think disagreement means they think you are a "moron/weirdo". Yet another nonsensical idea you have.

You are one of a handful of trolls on this forum who actively harasses me. I am not sure what you gain from it, it is just backfiring on you by making you look like an asshole. The more you expose yourself, the less people will listen to you.

Your ideas of my "hypocrisy" are baffling and nonsensical. I don't think anybody actually understands what you are talking about. "If a person does X, it must mean Y" is not a logical argument of any kind. People are not machines who must follow a strict behavioral pattern.
Old 11-05-2023, 06:08 PM
Planar Protector

You can refute the "trolls" best by just discussing more about the original topic. Or adding literally anything beneficial to the community.

The travesty in the end isnt the trolls vs DSM but rather that so little actual discussion is taking place about the game itself.

Luckily these threads solve themselves in the first couple pages. Most the topics arent so profound that people cant read the wikis, reason, and make their own decisions.

What pairs well with a shaman? Hmm based on a quick scroll down the list of stat buffs, slows and heals I'm going out on a wild limb and guessing a melee would work ok. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 11-05-2023, 06:12 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snaggles [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You can refute the "trolls" best by just discussing more about the original topic. Or adding literally anything beneficial to the community.
I agree. I did a lot of that too! I have an entire youtube channel dedicated to helping people understand the game, and a detailed wiki guide. The problem is the trolls have resorted to creating many lies about the game and posters like myself, and constantly repeat them. This ends up causing confusion for any normal reader who doesn't understand forum drama.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snaggles [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The travesty in the end isnt the trolls vs DSM but rather that so little actual discussion is taking place about the game itself.
It is a travesty indeed. The solution to this problem is to stand up to the regular trolls who constantly create lies, so they stop. Otherwise the forum just becomes one giant RnF dumpster fire, where everybody is just trolling and lying. That is how the forum dies. People already avoid it because they get harassed by trolls, and nobody does anything to stop the trolls. This is why I keep asking people to stand up to them. Simply putting someone on block isn't helping the casual reader who doesn't know to block a specific troll.
Last edited by DeathsSilkyMist; 11-05-2023 at 06:16 PM..
Old 11-05-2023, 06:17 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
What pairs well with a shaman? Hmm based on a quick scroll down the list of stat buffs, slows and heals I'm going out on a wild limb and guessing a melee would work ok.
On a serious note, would a mage with a woobs (pet) up count as a melee?
Say str sta dex (for splitpaw stun whips) etc add to dps like it does for a player char? Mage pet haste buff is better than shaman haste I think? Slow and heals. Root and chain casting. Many ways to do it.

And Lolocaust @ DSM protecting newbs from da naughty trolls cuz dey carnt workz out how dis forums workzes and block da disinformation.
All hailz Forum Champion DSM.
Disinformation Selection Moderator.
Last edited by Duik; 11-05-2023 at 06:24 PM.. Reason: Hehe Spitpaw
Old 11-05-2023, 06:19 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duik [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Say str sta dex (for splitpaw stun whips) etc add to dps like it does for a player char? Mage pet haste buff is better than shaman haste I think? Slow and heals. Root and chain casting. Many ways to do it.
Yeah Mage would work fine with a Shaman. The Shaman solves the Mage's lack of CC, and the Shaman can slow tank the mob so the Mage can use a backstabbing pet. The only downside is the Mage's Damage Shield spells aren't quite as useful due to the mob being slowed, but it isn't the end of the world.
Last edited by DeathsSilkyMist; 11-05-2023 at 06:22 PM..
Old 11-05-2023, 06:27 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duik [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
For 59 out of 60 levels (or a shaman on a budget) healing mana is limited. Stuns are a great way to mitigate incoming dps from a NPC outside slow. The air pet and stun whips especially with a malosini'd mob is a stunlock dream and far more tanky than an earth (unless comparing say the 49 air to the 57 earth). As for stat-buffing I would skip that completely, just slow the npc and let the mage keep their pet hasted with Burnout and DS. Even slowed a 30dmg DS is about 8dps on a npc that doubles. I used to use sham pots when farming chardok.

The spread between a good and bad pet is pretty severe and any pet 39+ regens at 30hp/sec. With a solid root & slow before the pet jumps in it's barely going to need a rest between pulls. Especially with regrowth on it. Plus keeping most your mana can come in handy for burndowns. Chain summoning without C2 is going to slowly take a toll on that ability. The sham can make more mana, IMHO, let them heal the pet and keep those stun whips equipped on a good one.
Last edited by Snaggles; 11-05-2023 at 06:30 PM..