Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Tanks

Old 10-15-2023, 05:15 PM
Fire Giant

Answer is most definitely a Paladin. I have Warrior, Paladin, Monk and Ranger all at 60 and currently leveling a mid-50’s SK twink, all of which I solo leveled with. Shadowknight is nice for the ability to feign, but otherwise it really doesn’t feel as good as Paladin in dungeon crawl settings. Fear kiting is a possibility in some dungeons but it’s not gonna always be possible. Monk actually does really well too, but still not as well as Paladin in my opinion. Having no lull or root means adds are an issue (could rely on shovel later, but even then).
Old 10-15-2023, 05:39 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trelaboon [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Answer is most definitely a Paladin. I have Warrior, Paladin, Monk and Ranger all at 60 and currently leveling a mid-50’s SK twink, all of which I solo leveled with. Shadowknight is nice for the ability to feign, but otherwise it really doesn’t feel as good as Paladin in dungeon crawl settings. Fear kiting is a possibility in some dungeons but it’s not gonna always be possible. Monk actually does really well too, but still not as well as Paladin in my opinion. Having no lull or root means adds are an issue (could rely on shovel later, but even then).
You can fear kite in more places than you think. You just need to learn the mob locations and pathing.
Old 10-16-2023, 11:50 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeathsSilkyMist [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You can fear kite in more places than you think. You just need to learn the mob locations and pathing.
Yea but it’s just a big pain in the ass. Having to risk grabbing an add, running back to your start point each time you need to re-fear (especially annoying against casters) etc.

I’ve been mostly fear kiting on my SK and it’s been….fine….but Paladin was just so much more enjoyable. Paci was really reliable most of the time, my downtime was very minimal with DW BP, I had the ability to root in case I got an add or two. SK can do fine in a tight space, but Paladin is just gonna do it better in the majority of cases.
Old 10-22-2023, 12:42 PM
Orc

I did warrior to 30 or so, and paladin to 20.

God warrior was so much better. Paladin could barely kill a yellow mob at level 20, with Fungi and full twink set.

Comapred to warrior who was ripping through mobs
Old 10-22-2023, 02:22 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by sammoHung [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

God warrior was so much better. Paladin could barely kill a yellow mob at level 20, with Fungi and full twink set.

Check back 40+ when neither can kill yellows but warrior can’t split for shit. Root net nerf ruined so much.
Old 10-23-2023, 12:19 PM
Planar Protector

I soloed the pally as my second main and a shoestring budget to 60. Never a fungi or DW BP, low budget. Old knight damage table. Old 2h damage bonus. Pre-upgraded Narandi Lance.

Also leveled a gnome warrior to 56 with about 100k in gear including the 40% haste arms. Root nets. Battle bind was still a thing.

The paladin was easier.
Old 10-23-2023, 12:29 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snaggles [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I soloed the pally as my second main and a shoestring budget to 60. Never a fungi or DW BP, low budget. Old knight damage table. Old 2h damage bonus. Pre-upgraded Narandi Lance.

Also leveled a gnome warrior to 56 with about 100k in gear including the 40% haste arms. Root nets. Battle bind was still a thing.

The paladin was easier.
Yeah Warrior feels good for levels 1-30 or so when Fungi can basically soak most damage and Warrior crit damage takes a considerable chunk out of a mobs life. It plays very similar to a Monk, just without Mend and FD.

Warriors don't have Mend, FD, or Hybrid spells, so their solo capabilities just fall behind once you get to the 40s. Even with nice toys like Truncheon of Doom, it isn't as consistent as simply using DW Breastplate, Fear Kiting, etc.
Old 10-23-2023, 12:44 PM
Planar Protector

Check my sig for the level regen bp scw 1:2 weapon warrior twink runs out of steam [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Gorgen (Blue) - Agnostic Troll Warrior of the XXXI Dung

Old 10-26-2023, 02:36 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by sammoHung [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

If you’re not able to kill a level 21 mob at level 20 on ANY fungi equipped toon, there’s a problem most likely on your end lol
Old 10-26-2023, 03:05 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:

yeah this is just wrong

my paladin crushed the warrens right out of the gate...was farming the throne room area before level 20

paladin far better