Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Old 12-25-2022, 05:34 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Castle2.0 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Then do something original. See my signature for inspiration.
I might have been the only human caster on the server that was ally with the Spurned in Neriak.

nobody cares about that though
Old 12-25-2022, 06:28 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by tadkins [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I might have been the only human caster on the server that was ally with the Spurned in Neriak.

I do.

Humans are the best race, because no one likes them.

They're also the superior monk, because I say so and will ignore any and all evidence to the contrary.
Old 12-25-2022, 06:42 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by tadkins [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Therein lies your problem. Who cares what anyone else thinks. Do you think that was a cool thing for your wizard to accomplish? If yes, then that’s all that matters.

Nobody on this server cares about anyone else’s accomplishments. If you got a wizard epic no one is gonna look at it and be like whoa dude that’s so awesome!! It’s all about your own opinion about things you’re doing.
Old 12-25-2022, 07:15 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:

That is a decent achievement! My human wiz is tolerated but not loved in neriak

Gorgen (Blue) - Agnostic Troll Warrior of the XXXI Dung

Old 12-27-2022, 07:31 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by cd288 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Therein lies your problem. Who cares what anyone else thinks. Do you think that was a cool thing for your wizard to accomplish? If yes, then that’s all that matters.

Nobody on this server cares about anyone else’s accomplishments. If you got a wizard epic no one is gonna look at it and be like whoa dude that’s so awesome!! It’s all about your own opinion about things you’re doing.
Someone on this server got a custom title for becoming non-KoS everywhere as an ogre. I just wish I could earn something like that.

True story, back in the first days of Green when yellow text achievements were popping up all over the place for literally every little thing, I was probably the first on the server to reach 200+ on a tradeskill. While you all were probably leveling and such, I was busy maxing Brewing on a 110 int wizard. Scrounged together every little plat by killing willowwisps in QH. Busted my butt, hurt my wrists a bit even, but then I hit 200 Brewing and...nothing. Nothing at all happened. My dream of earning one of those yellow announcements was dashed. The devs mentioned that being an achievement but it wasn't true. I honestly was crushed.

I just really want to earn just one thing cool, that's all.
Old 12-27-2022, 08:25 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Someone on this server got a custom title for becoming non-KoS everywhere as an ogre. I just wish I could earn something like that.

True story, back in the first days of Green when yellow text achievements were popping up all over the place for literally every little thing, I was probably the first on the server to reach 200+ on a tradeskill. While you all were probably leveling and such, I was busy maxing Brewing on a 110 int wizard. Scrounged together every little plat by killing willowwisps in QH. Busted my butt, hurt my wrists a bit even, but then I hit 200 Brewing and...nothing. Nothing at all happened. My dream of earning one of those yellow announcements was dashed. The devs mentioned that being an achievement but it wasn't true. I honestly was crushed.

Did you submit a bug report? That is something which will need attention for the next iteration of green (assuming they choose to redo that unclassic features [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]).

Gorgen (Blue) - Agnostic Troll Warrior of the XXXI Dung

Old 12-27-2022, 11:36 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:

My DE wizard is amiable to the halfling clerics. Not an easy task. Likely the only DE wizard on the entire server with that faction. And it has its uses.

I am also the only character on the server currently dual-wielding Wurmslayers (prim + offhand.)

I find these enjoyable achievements I barely mention. Who cares what anyone thinks when you know you're #1? I only care what #1 on the server thinks... and he thinks I'm awesome [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 12-27-2022, 11:37 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:

Who cares about yellow text. If there is a yellow text for it, it has been done before and will be done again. Dude, get over it. Go do something truly original.
Old 12-27-2022, 12:12 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Castle2.0 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Go do something truly original.
Be like Castle, make 50 accounts and spend 2000 man hours camping level 30 mobs on a max level character only to get griefed off the server by the devs and all your time and plat wasted.

"fastest to level 50 on a level 60 capped server". If you're not first, you're last
Frostbane Wolfeye - Green99 - 54 Shaman
Cruetraxa Macequest - Green99 - 60 Necromancer
Snowleopard Wu'Tong - Green99 - 60 Monk
Lobsterhands - Green99 - 55 Cleric
#FreeWuTang
Old 12-27-2022, 12:53 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
To be fair I was referring to the SRo version of the AC. Wanted to try to earn jboots there legitimately, can't compete against all the high levels as a mere 30 something wizard. It was very demoralizing.

I know the OoT version is more stable, but you also have to be a far higher level, too high for a wizard to get to without jboots, really.
I've done it.

I got 50 on red without boots.

Then camped oot guy cuz I'm really lazy.

It's honestly not that bad. Even killing 1-3 mobs at a time using single target nukes in basically befallen tier gear.

Just requires a bit of patience. It's about half as slow as quadding . And kinda faster than grouping a lot of times.

Especially if u only consider # of button presses and actual necessary screen time. It's like a tiny percentage of the total time and effort to grp.