Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Old 04-24-2024, 06:23 PM
Planar Protector

yeah seriously the only zone on the entire blue server where PUGs are possible is KC

and half the time, it's just 6 people, grouped in 3 duos, pulling mobs to zone in until they invariably get trained
Old 04-24-2024, 07:30 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trexller [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
yeah seriously the only zone on the entire blue server where PUGs are possible is KC

and half the time, it's just 6 people, grouped in 3 duos, pulling mobs to zone in until they invariably get trained
You forgot to mention that the duos usually consist of ridiculously overpowered classes like shaman and enchanter, further diminishing your already slim chances of finding a group if you don't happen to be playing a powergamer class.

"Ewwww, a paladin / ranger / wizard / druid / SK, go back to whatever hole you crawled out of and leave me alone"
Old 04-24-2024, 07:46 PM
Planar Protector

What's it like on Quarm? I got the EQ itch again but I'm not trying to come back to solo in empty zones that's lame
[XX Rogue] Hailto (Half-Elf)
Red:
[21 Wizard] Hailto (Dark-Elf)
Old 04-24-2024, 08:04 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hailto [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
What's it like on Quarm?
[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 04-24-2024, 10:17 PM
Sarnak

The way Quarm was sold to us originally sounded pretty awesome to me. Forced rotations plus open world quakes for a good compromise on loot value/scarcity with quakes for a little competition.

But then it got changed to instanced raiding. And that makes loot so plentiful that I don't think anyone cares about competing for open world, certainly not months into an expansion. That will also make the tunnel market more like a TLP, as everything you spend time farming loses value in proportion to how easy it is to get raid-geared. Also Secrets pulled the rug at the last second and decided to keep legacy items in the game permanently, and there's some abomination called Pinkicite armor.
Old 04-24-2024, 11:01 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soothsayer [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You forgot to mention that the duos usually consist of ridiculously overpowered classes like shaman and enchanter, further diminishing your already slim chances of finding a group if you don't happen to be playing a powergamer class.

"Ewwww, a paladin / ranger / wizard / druid / SK, go back to whatever hole you crawled out of and leave me alone"
When was it ever not this way?
Old 04-25-2024, 12:32 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hailto [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
What's it like on Quarm? I got the EQ itch again but I'm not trying to come back to solo in empty zones that's lame
I've got some lowbie alts, including a mid 30s SK on Blue, I'd group with ya
Old 04-26-2024, 01:25 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by cd288 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I've got some lowbie alts, including a mid 30s SK on Blue, I'd group with ya
<3
[XX Rogue] Hailto (Half-Elf)
Red:
[21 Wizard] Hailto (Dark-Elf)
Old 04-28-2024, 09:03 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rader [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
When was it ever not this way?
I'm currently grouping with a ranger as a warrior in city of mist

Green server is good
Old 04-30-2024, 04:13 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by spoil [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The way Quarm was sold to us originally sounded pretty awesome to me. Forced rotations plus open world quakes for a good compromise on loot value/scarcity with quakes for a little competition.

But then it got changed to instanced raiding. And that makes loot so plentiful that I don't think anyone cares about competing for open world, certainly not months into an expansion. That will also make the tunnel market more like a TLP, as everything you spend time farming loses value in proportion to how easy it is to get raid-geared. Also Secrets pulled the rug at the last second and decided to keep legacy items in the game permanently, and there's some abomination called Pinkicite armor.
That rug pull killed it for me, haven't logged into Quarm since. Would love a new P99 but not sure we'll ever get one.