Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 01-18-2017, 02:03 PM
Fire Giant

Default Is Oct 2001 patch the next & last great patch of Velious?

i know this is a huge patch for melees, but does this mark the end of Velious? is Chardok 2.0 part of this patch? curious to know when dev's will release this if it is. current trend seems to be 3-6 months between significant patches...wonder if they'll delay this just so we can keep looking forward to something.

the Salt King <Ironborn>
Old 01-18-2017, 03:08 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by supermonk [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
i know this is a huge patch for melees, but does this mark the end of Velious? is Chardok 2.0 part of this patch? curious to know when dev's will release this if it is. current trend seems to be 3-6 months between significant patches...wonder if they'll delay this just so we can keep looking forward to something.
Why would they delay it any longer than necessary? This server is YEARS behind the classic progression rate. If anything they should get it finished and finalized, release it. And then wipe the server and restart with classic progression timeline. Uthgard did it and they are more popular than ever, even with a two year break between wipe and re-release. They still have more players now than they did before wipe. I'll bet our players will stick around as well.
Old 01-18-2017, 03:15 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dreenk317 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Why would they delay it any longer than necessary? This server is YEARS behind the classic progression rate. If anything they should get it finished and finalized, release it. And then wipe the server and restart with classic progression timeline. Uthgard did it and they are more popular than ever, even with a two year break between wipe and re-release. They still have more players now than they did before wipe. I'll bet our players will stick around as well.
Why would they wipe? If anything just add another server.
Old 01-18-2017, 03:38 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dreenk317 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Why would they delay it any longer than necessary? This server is YEARS behind the classic progression rate.
Why do people act like this is a bad thing? Velious raiding was at its peak in mid to late Luclin because expansions were being popped out so fast that half the population wasn't near max level yet. If this server did an accurate timeline, we'd be in Depths of Darkhollow by now. If this server did an accurate Velious timeline, it'd be over 6 months ago.

I expect Chardok 2.0 to launch in a year from now.
Old 01-18-2017, 03:58 PM
Planar Protector

I liked the monster mission where you were pirates raiding Freeport. Great to play through properly, or just sneak through solo on a rogue stealing the city's dubloons!

I didn't like the one in nek forest where you were fairies getting curb stomped.

The expansion had some fun instances (boo-his) too, but the regular zones always felt completely deserted. Not much pick up action in this expansion.

Depths of Darkhollow. Fun, creepy expansion. LoY did that better though.
Old 01-18-2017, 04:41 PM
Skeleton

lol those monster missions were so broken at the beginning
Old 01-18-2017, 07:11 PM
Fire Giant

Send a message via ICQ to applesauce25r624 Send a message via AIM to applesauce25r624

siren's will be a pretty cool patch
Old 01-18-2017, 09:03 PM
Orc

Pretty sure November's patch brings /target group buffs and light blue cons. Awwww yeaaa
Old 01-18-2017, 09:14 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
they should wipe it except turn every char in the database into a specific class on a random basis. So, maybe Monday is, everyone is a necro. Tuesday, every char you log into on your account is a warrior.

Do this until people get used to it. Just like North Korea, they will.