Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Old 09-20-2023, 11:58 AM
Banned

69 years old, NO supplemental oxygen, AND a chest infection, and he still scales Everest and dies right after

Sad to make his wife a widow, but that’s going out like a G

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=
Old 09-20-2023, 12:40 PM
Sarnak

paid 50k+ to die like a dummy on an overcrowded mountain
Old 09-20-2023, 07:30 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by booter [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
paid 50k+ to die like a dummy on an overcrowded mountain
Oh yea it was a stupid decision

But to be able to make it to the top of that mountain at age 69, without any supplemental oxygen, and with a serious-sounding chest infection….probably 99% of people on earth couldn’t accomplish that physical feat at that age

And I wonder if people who see summiting as a self-actualization moment, especially at an advanced age like his, actually don’t care if they die immediately after. Or it could just be a combination of “I spent 50k on this and this is my last chance in life” + the brain being deprived of oxygen fucking with a person’s ability to reason the risk
Old 09-20-2023, 07:45 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by booter [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
paid 50k+ to die like a dummy on an overcrowded trash-filled, corpse-strewn mountain, with sherpas doing all the legwork, I'm sure
Old 09-22-2023, 04:53 AM
Banned

Say no more, fam. Never done one, not all that interested in starting

Saunas though, won’t give those up. Love ‘em, the hotter the better, and my current gym’s is the hottest I’ve felt

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=
Old 09-22-2023, 02:00 PM
Sarnak

it's my layman's understanding that ice baths are actually beneficial for long-distance runners/endurance athletes immediately after a 1hr+ exertion. i believe there is even data out there supporting it now, though I am too lazy to dig that up

and yea, sauna's are def proven to be beneficial for just about every human, working out or not
Old 09-22-2023, 02:19 PM
Sarnak

i do whatever youtube tells me to do..elevated mood guaranteed, if taken as prescribed. frozen towels were used to effect patient's mood in Linehan's biography.

also "banya day"
Old 09-22-2023, 02:28 PM
Sarnak

but thats all for peace of mind...yall are talking about performance. ketogenesis looks advantageous over carb as fuel the longer the race i have heard.
Last edited by arvidez; 09-22-2023 at 02:30 PM..
Old 09-22-2023, 10:00 PM
Banned

Quote:
it's my layman's understanding that ice baths are actually beneficial for long-distance runners/endurance athletes immediately after a 1hr+ exertion. i believe there is even data out there supporting it now, though I am too lazy to dig that up

and yea, sauna's are def proven to be beneficial for just about every human, working out or not
Interestin

Well if I can get to an ice bath after the half-m in Jan I’m down to try. But it’s your fault if I go into shock because I’m a little bitch when it comes to cold [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 09-23-2023, 12:04 PM
Sarnak

Quote:

One of my favorite youtubers is an actual doctor. Here's his take on ice baths:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wnu9I-MjrkI

For those that don't want to click the link....ice baths are basically bunk.