Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Technical Discussion

Old 08-19-2024, 01:19 AM
Large Bat

Default client freezes up every time i log on (2024-08-18 @ ~2000EST)

i got on earlier today, sat in sebilis waiting for a group for about an hour and a half then tried to hop a ride with guild to hate.

client froze up and then froze seconds after logging in each subsequent attempt.

i restarted computer, reinstalled latest patch, etc. nothing fixed issue.

could there be drama from guild and someone has me hacked/nuked, or is there a client issue??

anyone ever had this problem? i should probably switch guilds anyway, i'm 56 and they have never taken me on a single raid even though i've been a member since 2019. speed junky geeks.
Old 08-19-2024, 02:32 AM
Planar Protector

Do you have a real shoddy connection? Bad wifi?

If you are experiencing packet problems you will crash often with any loading. Logging in, loading a character and even anytime you try to zone. Its only when you are fully logged on and staying in a zone that things will be fairly normal

Theres a chance it could be something else but this is the first thing I'd look at. If you are on wifi, try a wired connection. If already wired maybe try another cable or different port on the router. It could even be issues with your ISP/routing, though those are usually only temporary until they realize and resolve them
Old 09-24-2024, 07:34 PM
Decaying Skeleton

I had some connection issues because the Wifi I was using was 2.4GHz band, I switched to the 5GHz band and have had no issues since. It might be worth a try for you too.