Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Server Issues > Resolved Issues

Closed Thread

Old 06-11-2010, 01:53 PM
Aviak

Default Equipment not saved?

I purchased a gatorscale tunic from a vendor earlier this morning, and sold my old mesh tunic to the same vendor in West Freeport. After zoning my tunic was back to the mesh tunic, but my money was not restored.
Old 06-11-2010, 03:05 PM
Aviak

Default Current Bug

Yes, this is currently a bug with how and when saves occur.

I remember in classic we used to get a periodic message such as "Reynard saves." and I found it so unusual at the time. After experiencing this bug a few times, I would love to know when we do indeed save so that I know when it is safe to log out or zone since those are the times when the "disappearing item" bug occurs.

This has been discussed in these posts:

Items disappearing from inventory

and,

More items disappearing from inventory

as well as passing mention of this issue in various other threads which were begun as new threads instead.

-John Keats

Reynard Cunningfox
Old 06-11-2010, 04:29 PM
Planar Protector

Every time I read one of these threads I start getting worried about what the last thing I put in my inventory was before I logged off. It makes me very nervous.

Thankfully the only thing I lost so far was a Dark Reaver that i accidentally sold to a merchant. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 06-12-2010, 08:18 PM
Kobold

I lost ice giant toes I bought from a vendor last night. I zoned shortly after to bank em and they were gone, so was my plat...
Old 06-16-2010, 12:04 PM
Orc

Bump! Ran into this issue last night and luckily it reversed my buying something I decided I didn't want anyway which was great. There is a major potential to lose important/rare/dropped items with this though. Is there any way the Dev's can enable the #save command for us? I tried last night and did not have sufficient permissions to use it.

@guineapig I believe the game auto saves when you /camp out, but not when you /quit. Camping should not cause your items to poof...hopefully I'm right on that.
Last edited by scecie; 06-16-2010 at 12:07 PM..
Old 06-16-2010, 12:27 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by scecie [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

@guineapig I believe the game auto saves when you /camp out, but not when you /quit. Camping should not cause your items to poof...hopefully I'm right on that.
That's good to know. I got out of the habit of using /q a long time ago due to untimely deaths it cost me. So sounds like I should be safe.
Old 06-16-2010, 11:22 PM
Kobold

I seem to recall this being a bug in classic too, eventually they just did a save everytime you zoned, or left game.
Closed Thread