Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

View Poll Results: You have been selected for additional screening.
This flimsy mask will surely protect me. 44 20.66%
I have or wish to have the Coronavirus. 24 11.27%
I have some other virus; HIV or maybe viral Meningitis. 7 3.29%
I am already dead. 67 31.46%
On my way to Vegas, Randall Flagg is calling. 32 15.02%
Mossad agents are dancing again. 39 18.31%
Voters: 213. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 04-27-2020, 12:47 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gwaihir [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You're fucking retarded. With several hundred thousand tests this is what Science calls a representative sampling of the entire population.

We can assume with a test case of SEVERAL HUNDRED THOUSAND, that this is representative of the entire population. Meaning, if 12 % of the US has been infected that approximately 45.6 million people in the US alone have already contracted COVID-19 with approximately 50,000 deaths.

45.6million/55,548 deaths as of right now = a mortality rate of 0.12181% or just about 1/8th of 1% chance of death.

This is the math

This is the science

Quit parroting your corporate overlords, the facts are the facts dipshit.
We can't assume anything right now because studies make their way into the media before they're peer reviewed. Some might be only 89% accurate and producing false positives, I'm not sure which study you're referencing but I know the Stanford one has come under scrutiny. The NYC study seemed to indicate an IFR between .2 and. 8 percent I think, still pretty damn high. There are problems with study too especially with selection bias.

If you want to be scientific about this then be skeptical of any information coming out right now, not just ones that align with preconceived notions.
Old 04-27-2020, 02:00 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lojik [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
We can't assume anything right now because studies make their way into the media before they're peer reviewed. Some might be only 89% accurate and producing false positives, I'm not sure which study you're referencing but I know the Stanford one has come under scrutiny. The NYC study seemed to indicate an IFR between .2 and. 8 percent I think, still pretty damn high. There are problems with study too especially with selection bias.

If you want to be scientific about this then be skeptical of any information coming out right now, not just ones that align with preconceived notions.
89% accuracy or 'sensitivity' in tests like these is very common and some level of false positive results are inherent in all clinical tests. For example, those flu swabs you get when you go to the doctor have a similar level of sensitivity. They are still useful.
Old 04-27-2020, 02:15 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by magnetaress [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
basically i sorta think those that released this into the wild were like 'if we go down this road, this is just a bonus, it will further erode the freedoms in the way of our progress'

seek bible camp, or whatever it is u believe in Kaveh (I think u r someone i like who isn't exactly christian in the strictest sense, but has a more original eastern flair to their beliefs).

/pras

you're right i have zero idea what all the major universities and 3rd world countries have access to in order to basically industrialize and manufacture virus's designed to target specific organisms... and make a killing $$$ on treating specific cancers that "rich" *but not really lol (god bless their hearts) people get (after drinking out of plastic bottles for 20yrs) with 'experimental' medicine.... you do know that many cancers are caused by viral agents as well? virii have been the fun thing to study since people realized how striaghtforward they were and easy to manipulate vs a complex bacterium or higher organism, "scientists" love starting at the fundamental building blocks and working their way towards complexity via experimentation... the implications are pretty profound if you can see what I mean here...

LOL

anyway - surprisingly why has no one made a protein that can infuse/bind with the spike, pretend to be a cell wall.. on the virus and allow the little buggers to be safely chelated from our bods? I bet if the lil virus's pooped out their guts into our bloodstream it would be harmlessly broken down and not cause any replication, so u don't even need to do anything other then stimulate the virus to poop itself not into a cell

probably because no one has thought about using such a straightforward approach, maybe because its cheap and laughably easy but not really pharmacologically patentable??

IDK, I believe I am immune to the first strain now and I am pretty sure my healthy godly mind and body will not be destroyed by subsequent strains, god has plans for me and it's not to die of COVID 19.1a.2bc.fx84

that's not to argue the rest of the world won't burn, it very well may, i have no control over that and I leave it in gods blessed hands to help the human species *cough* choose the path to it's destiny...

all the people that aren't super duper uhmmm northern european are just spreading basic alcohol all over everything they were doin this to protect me when i was in their tender care, god love em, maybe thats why these more equatorial countries are being spared? it could be too that sunlight and vitamin C are just big factors in not dying from it. and its that simple....

*steps outside into my equatorial tropics for a breath of fresh air and pops a jalapeno to chase with some tequila*
I told u we don't make proteinz cu we don't know how to fold them. DOI g it at random is like trying to decrypt my hidden shota volume, take 1000000 tries. :P
Old 04-27-2020, 02:17 PM
Planar Protector

Well PM BJ finished his battle with Karana and is back at the pedals. Apparently 20k deaths in hospitals and supposedly 20k in care homes. Competing with the US for first place, despite having just a 5th of the population (though mostly crammed into one tiny island).
Old 04-27-2020, 02:21 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by magnetaress [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
basically i sorta think those that released this into the wild were like 'if we go down this road, this is just a bonus, it will further erode the freedoms in the way of our progress'

seek bible camp, or whatever it is u believe in Kaveh (I think u r someone i like who isn't exactly christian in the strictest sense, but has a more original eastern flair to their beliefs).

/pras

you're right i have zero idea what all the major universities and 3rd world countries have access to in order to basically industrialize and manufacture virus's designed to target specific organisms... and make a killing $$$ on treating specific cancers that "rich" *but not really lol (god bless their hearts) people get (after drinking out of plastic bottles for 20yrs) with 'experimental' medicine.... you do know that many cancers are caused by viral agents as well? virii have been the fun thing to study since people realized how striaghtforward they were and easy to manipulate vs a complex bacterium or higher organism, "scientists" love starting at the fundamental building blocks and working their way towards complexity via experimentation... the implications are pretty profound if you can see what I mean here...

LOL

anyway - surprisingly why has no one made a protein that can infuse/bind with the spike, pretend to be a cell wall.. on the virus and allow the little buggers to be safely chelated from our bods? I bet if the lil virus's pooped out their guts into our bloodstream it would be harmlessly broken down and not cause any replication, so u don't even need to do anything other then stimulate the virus to poop itself not into a cell

probably because no one has thought about using such a straightforward approach, maybe because its cheap and laughably easy but not really pharmacologically patentable??

IDK, I believe I am immune to the first strain now and I am pretty sure my healthy godly mind and body will not be destroyed by subsequent strains, god has plans for me and it's not to die of COVID 19.1a.2bc.fx84

that's not to argue the rest of the world won't burn, it very well may, i have no control over that and I leave it in gods blessed hands to help the human species *cough* choose the path to it's destiny...

all the people that aren't super duper uhmmm northern european are just spreading basic alcohol all over everything they were doin this to protect me when i was in their tender care, god love em, maybe thats why these more equatorial countries are being spared? it could be too that sunlight and vitamin C are just big factors in not dying from it. and its that simple....

*steps outside into my equatorial tropics for a breath of fresh air and pops a jalapeno to chase with some tequila*
We can't make shit from scratch yet. But eventually you will be able to add water to o a little sheet of paper stuff and it folds itself into a cute mug, or expands out into a saucer. So all yer kitchen can pack down totally tlat into a brick when u move [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 04-27-2020, 02:59 PM
Planar Protector

We should ban exports of food. Something good should come from this crisis, a couple billion need to starve and maybe the Middle East and Africa will discover birth control. Or they won’t. But it begs the question, if God doesn’t love you, why should I?
Old 04-27-2020, 03:01 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lune [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
89% accuracy or 'sensitivity' in tests like these is very common and some level of false positive results are inherent in all clinical tests. For example, those flu swabs you get when you go to the doctor have a similar level of sensitivity. They are still useful.
So this is part of the problem. You have laymen like me who fail to properly explain things. The issue (I think) with this stanford study, in addition to selection bias, was that they had two false positives out of 401 tested samples the actual range of the false positive rate could be much higher than 1.2%, meaning that false positives could account for many if not all of the positive cases. Or at least this is my understanding trying to read critiques of it. I'm assuming that had this been done on a much larger scale with the same ratios that it would be much more statistically...robust is maybe the word? It's also pretty contradictory to the fact that we've already had over .1% of the population of NYC die from covid19, and unlikely that the entire population of NYC has been infected already or that the death total will stop right now.
Old 04-27-2020, 04:19 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lojik [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
So this is part of the problem. You have laymen like me who fail to properly explain things. The issue (I think) with this stanford study, in addition to selection bias, was that they had two false positives out of 401 tested samples the actual range of the false positive rate could be much higher than 1.2%, meaning that false positives could account for many if not all of the positive cases. Or at least this is my understanding trying to read critiques of it. I'm assuming that had this been done on a much larger scale with the same ratios that it would be much more statistically...robust is maybe the word? It's also pretty contradictory to the fact that we've already had over .1% of the population of NYC die from covid19, and unlikely that the entire population of NYC has been infected already or that the death total will stop right now.
If the falso positives were 20%, it would still indicate a mortality rate of less than 0.3 percent.
Old 04-27-2020, 04:52 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gwaihir [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
If the falso positives were 20%, it would still indicate a mortality rate of less than 0.3 percent.
Unless your one of these mouth breathing idiots- You would have noticed that they're discovering covid-19 has been killing people in different ways unknown to this point, like with the new discovery its causing cardiac arrest in people that were otherwise unknown to be sick. Just those extra death alone puts it between 1 and 2%

Edit- for the uninformed, covid-19 attacks the ACE2 cell which is found in a few places in your body. The higher rate of death for men is because it's in our nuts. Well the other place this is found is lining our blood vessels And that's why they think diabetics and over weight people have the highest percentage of deaths. They noticed statically heart attacks have gone up since November
Last edited by Gatorsmash; 04-27-2020 at 04:58 PM..
Old 04-27-2020, 05:02 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gatorsmash [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Unless your one of these mouth breathing idiots- You would have noticed that they're discovering covid-19 has been killing people in different ways unknown to this point, like with the new discovery its causing cardiac arrest in people that were otherwise unknown to be sick. Just those extra death alone puts it between 1 and 2%
It’s causing a novel form of coagulopathy that’s causing both large vessel occlusions and MIs. The immune system often does the killing during a viral infection, which is why diabetes, hypertension, and obesity dramatically increase the mortality rate.

That said, I don’t think we actually know all that much about this virus
Closed Thread