Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Starting Zone

Closed Thread

Old 04-04-2018, 08:37 AM
Banned

Send a message via ICQ to Grasmere Send a message via AIM to Grasmere Send a message via Yahoo to Grasmere
Default Installation drive?

I followed the installation instructions to the book but in order to save space I installed it into my E: drive where it resides as E:\EQEmu.
When I try to run the game I receive an error stating that C:\Windows\win32 cannot locate the file.
Is it absolutely vital that the game is installed on C: drive?
Old 04-12-2018, 12:27 PM
Aviak

It's definately not necessary as i had EQ always on other drives than C:\ on multiple computers.
I just recently copied the game to C:\Games\Everquest because my System Drive is an SSD and it improves loading times of the game and zones by quite a bit.

As to your specific problem with eq looking for C:\Windows\win32, i unfortunately have no idea what may be causing this.

Edit:
Quote:
Step 3 - Done! Launching, Playing, and Optional Improvements
You're ready to play!

To launch the game, use the "Launch Titanium" file found in your Titanium directory (This should have been extracted from the Project 1999 Files).

Remember to NEVER launch "Everquest.exe" or patch the game. Doing this will require you to completely reinstall Titanium!
Are you using the Launcher?
Last edited by Ortnit; 04-12-2018 at 12:32 PM..
Old 04-12-2018, 11:28 PM
Planar Protector

It can be installed anywhere you want on any operating system supported by the titanium client. It can go on USB drives as well and any directory on any hard drive. Keep the top layer of the p99 updates together with the top layer of the install directory though and run Titanium Launcher
Closed Thread