Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 08-24-2010, 06:45 PM
Planar Protector

Default Alawen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alawen Everywhere [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
If you address Abacab's points instead of attacking his character, it's difficult to argue with him. IB isn't funny or cool or even nice. Our posts to each other are either thinly veiled bragging or inside jokes that aren't very funny even if you're in on them. If we attempt to be friendly with outsiders in /ooc or /say, we'll most likely be reprimanded by an officer.

We're pretty good at figuring out ways to kill difficult boss mobs and monopolizing spawns and that's about it. From a community perspective, we contribute very little to the server or to the forums. We mostly define ourselves socially by who we're enemies with, i.e. Transcendence or Dark Ascension. When there was a gap between those two, we started treating Divinity with animosity. Divinity!

Personally, I think we should just stfu as a guild, so I'm going to go do that now.
I don't actually have anything to say.. I just thought that this was so poignant that it deserved it's own post.
Old 08-24-2010, 06:50 PM
Banned

Pretty much he's saying if you argue my reasons or my "points" as he put it it's a difficult fight because in some sense I'm justified and even correct on most of my assertions.

But if you nitpick and fight me over my character it's easy because you can discredit myself as a troll
Old 08-24-2010, 07:43 PM
Banned

Just calling it the way I see it. Wish I were personally better at stfu.
Old 08-24-2010, 08:27 PM
Sarnak

Angry

Goddamnit. I said as much in another thread. Now I look like a sycophantic parrot. Fuck it.
Old 08-24-2010, 09:10 PM
Kobold

[QUOTE=Alawen If we attempt to be friendly with outsiders in /ooc or /say, we'll most likely be reprimanded by an officer.
[/QUOTE]

^ Seriously?
Old 08-24-2010, 09:11 PM
Kobold

god damnit
Old 08-24-2010, 09:17 PM
Planar Protector

nope.
Old 08-24-2010, 10:11 PM
Fire Giant

I wouldn't agree with that reprimand thing. I am in mumble with some DA members pretty regularly, and I give shit away and talk in ooc and say regularly as well.

I don't agree that we add nothing to the server as well. I know of multiple guildies who give away most shit they loot and help noobs whenever they get the chance.

I know you don't like the way a lot of the members present themselves, but selling us out as an entire guild is pretty shitty and wrong imo.
Old 08-24-2010, 11:28 PM
Banned

Yeah, I'm the shitty one. The rest of IB are fucking angels. I stand corrected. I must be confused. We didn't just stay logged in 24/7 camping mobs for four months in order to crush the #2 guild.

You're proving my point, Otto. I said something on the forums and an officer is reprimanding me. You could tell me that I'm not going to get any loot, but... oh no, Ektar already told me that. What now, suspend my raid priveleges?

Fuck you.
Old 08-24-2010, 11:47 PM
Fire Giant

1. I'm not an officer.

2. I'm just explaining my experiences with myself and some of my fellow guildmates.

3. Generalizing and grouping individuals into a situation that is black and white is plain dumb.

4. I did not call you shitty, I said what you said was uncalled for. See point 3.

5. I did not call IB angels. I just said we aren't devils.
Closed Thread