Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 08-25-2010, 06:10 PM
Decaying Skeleton

Quote:
Originally Posted by HippoNipple [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Some people play to be social and play a rpg with others - those people do make friends.

Some people play to be elite and be better than everyone else. Even if this person is a nice guy, being the best is a dirty game and some people need to be left in the dust. If you play and have to be in the best guild and raid all the time you are going to deal with a bunch of bullshit. Even if you are just wanting to raid all the time because you enjoy the content there are a ton of other people wanting to be the best and not everyone can, this causes bitching and the drama all of you fight over. If you just didn't give a shit about having an item in this game all that would go away, but unfortunately those items mean way too much for some people.
I agree. It's never been about the loot for me. It's always been about slaying dragons and having a good time.
Old 08-25-2010, 06:14 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alawen Everywhere [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Did you not hear about the confrontation between Wonton and Nizzarr that led to all the boss camping for the late spring and most of the summer?

I can't believe ya'll wasted your entire summer sitting on ass 24/7. That's so sad!
Old 08-25-2010, 06:49 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jewce [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I can't believe ya'll wasted your entire summer sitting on ass 24/7. That's so sad!
Well, truth be told, my attendance has been pretty poor during the camping thing. I'll do it a couple days a week, but I like to go outside too much in the summer time. I also spent a week moving in June and three weeks at the end of July and the beginning of August in Minnesoooda.

At the beginning of this day, I felt a little upset about all of this. As the day has gone on, I feel an increasing sense of relief. I don't have to watch the clock ticking later and later tonight thinking about how much sleep I'm going to lose. I'll play if I want and go to bed when I want. I won't be racing back and forth between the stove and the keyboard trying to make something decent for dinner without missing any fights. I can call my mom and talk about some of the things I'm helping her with and not worry about what I'm missing in ventrilo or hurry to get off the phone.

When I play EverQuest, I can take time out to make some new friends. I can buff some lowbies at orc1 or hang out at the tunnel entrance. I can camp jboots! I can talk in say and ooc and shout as much as I wish.

Goodbye, Inglourious Basterds. Thanks for the fun we shared. I wish there'd been more of it; it's been a long time since we had much fun together. Good luck with Plane of Sky and whatever else lies on your path to Project 1999 supremacy. If you need a port or a rez, give me a shout. If you just want to chat, I'll be around.

See ya later.

Thanks to all the rest of you for your encouraging words. You've all reminded me why I play this game. I got a little bit lost worrying about being #1. Being #1 is pretty fleeting, but memories of fun and friendship last a lifetime. I really like playing EverQuest. I have a smile on my face now as I think about the fun still to come and the friends I haven't met yet.

Level 43 ranger, LFG!
Old 08-25-2010, 06:52 PM
Banned

It's like the thread has turned into an episode of Oprah or something.
Old 08-25-2010, 08:22 PM
Planar Protector

Alright, so I`m typing on a french keyboard right now which means my post is at worst going to look like something Raren typed, and at best going to have some unusual punctuation, but here goes: while I won`t dispute what Alawen says about IB in the original post or any of the subsequent ones (nor will I say anything to confirm it because I just donét know if what he says is true), I`m not really sure what the controversy is over him getting kicked from IB. I mean, he criticized his guild in a public forum, something which I`m sure no guild would be okay with, and for good reason - there are other channels through which he can talk about his grievances with the guild, and it`s always more desirable to keep a guild`s problems private than to put them out on display. I also don`t see why he cares that he was kicked from a guild that he was obviously not enjoying being a part of. If I didnt like being in LifeAlert, i`d just leave - similarly, if I didn`t like my job, I wouldn`t TRY to get fired - I`d just quit. Alawen TRIED to get kicked out with this thread.
Lardna Minch, 18 Warrior

Project 1999 (PvP):
[50 (sometimes 49) Bard] Wolfram Alpha (Half Elf) ZONE: oasis
Old 08-26-2010, 03:37 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alawen Everywhere [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Well, truth be told, my attendance has been pretty poor during the camping thing. I'll do it a couple days a week, but I like to go outside too much in the summer time. I also spent a week moving in June and three weeks at the end of July and the beginning of August in Minnesoooda.

At the beginning of this day, I felt a little upset about all of this. As the day has gone on, I feel an increasing sense of relief. I don't have to watch the clock ticking later and later tonight thinking about how much sleep I'm going to lose. I'll play if I want and go to bed when I want. I won't be racing back and forth between the stove and the keyboard trying to make something decent for dinner without missing any fights. I can call my mom and talk about some of the things I'm helping her with and not worry about what I'm missing in ventrilo or hurry to get off the phone.

When I play EverQuest, I can take time out to make some new friends. I can buff some lowbies at orc1 or hang out at the tunnel entrance. I can camp jboots! I can talk in say and ooc and shout as much as I wish.

Goodbye, Inglourious Basterds. Thanks for the fun we shared. I wish there'd been more of it; it's been a long time since we had much fun together. Good luck with Plane of Sky and whatever else lies on your path to Project 1999 supremacy. If you need a port or a rez, give me a shout. If you just want to chat, I'll be around.

See ya later.

Thanks to all the rest of you for your encouraging words. You've all reminded me why I play this game. I got a little bit lost worrying about being #1. Being #1 is pretty fleeting, but memories of fun and friendship last a lifetime. I really like playing EverQuest. I have a smile on my face now as I think about the fun still to come and the friends I haven't met yet.

Level 43 ranger, LFG!
God you're even more pathetic then I thought so. I would have quit Inglourious Cheesefarts and deleted p99 after the very first 5am raid. Jeesh some people seriously have a miserable real life.

No wonder your wife left yo azz, but atleast you didn't get any kids, right? Please say no Alawen, I beg you.

Grow up Alawen, oh nevermind, you're already close to hitting 50.
Old 08-26-2010, 08:53 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sigmastorm [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
God you're even more pathetic then I thought so. I would have quit Inglourious Cheesefarts and deleted p99 after the very first 5am raid. Jeesh some people seriously have a miserable real life.

No wonder your wife left yo azz, but atleast you didn't get any kids, right? Please say no Alawen, I beg you.

Grow up Alawen, oh nevermind, you're already close to hitting 50.
Good luck to you, too, anonymous troll.
Old 08-26-2010, 09:42 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazortag [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Alright, so I`m typing on a french keyboard right now which means my post is at worst going to look like something Raren typed, and at best going to have some unusual punctuation, but here goes: while I won`t dispute what Alawen says about IB in the original post or any of the subsequent ones (nor will I say anything to confirm it because I just donét know if what he says is true), I`m not really sure what the controversy is over him getting kicked from IB. I mean, he criticized his guild in a public forum, something which I`m sure no guild would be okay with, and for good reason - there are other channels through which he can talk about his grievances with the guild, and it`s always more desirable to keep a guild`s problems private than to put them out on display. I also don`t see why he cares that he was kicked from a guild that he was obviously not enjoying being a part of. If I didnt like being in LifeAlert, i`d just leave - similarly, if I didn`t like my job, I wouldn`t TRY to get fired - I`d just quit. Alawen TRIED to get kicked out with this thread.
I gave this some thought and I think there might be some truth to your thoughts. Collectively, the people in IB act as the server bullies. When I was leveling my cleric, Daire, I didn't tell most people about him. The guild I had by far the most trouble with was IB. IB members stole camps and named mobs from my pickup groups and even trained my bats and bugs groups repeatedly with fire giants. The way IB treats discarded members is pretty deplorable.

When I started with IB, there was a bard who was a really nice guy. They'd been stringing him along on his application period for weeks and weeks. They finally rejected him and he was really sad. His name will still come up once in a while in guild chat or ventrilo and they'll ridicule him all over again.

There are two other guys, a monk and a cleric, that I really like, too. They've been getting the same treatment. Just used and used for weeks, not made full members, not given loot, and talked about all the time behind their backs.

The thing I think would surprise most people is that, collectively, the players in IB are nothing particularly special. Emil and Tullian are both really good and Emil is honestly the only reason IB is the top guild. There are maybe half a dozen other players who would have made it into a top tier guild on live. The rest could be replaced by nearly anyone willing to devote most of their free time. I should mention that I think I'm one of those easily replaceable players. I was in a #1 guild on live, but it was only because I was a reliable cleric.

I think that it's always bothered me to be associated with the server bullies. It wasn't uncommon for us to kill things just to thwart other guilds. We farmed Maestro long after there was nothing we needed and deleted the loot.

Now don't get me wrong. There are plenty of really decent folks in IB. It's just that the group mentality is dominated by disdain for the rest of the 3,000 or so people who play on Project 1999. There are also a handful of real sons of bitches in the guild--things like racism, homophobia and misogyny are present every day in guild chat and ventrilo.

I'm just not really about that kind of behavior as a person or as a player. I like to help other people. I believe that the success of humanity is based on our cooperation, not how ruthlessly we can compete. In less than a day since I was kicked out of IB, I'm feeling a great deal happier. When I first read your message, I wanted to say, "No, what I really wanted was for IB to read my message, feel ashamed of how poorly they treat the rest of the server and become a little bit nicer guild." But maybe you're right. Maybe I already knew that wasn't going to happen and the only way for me to return to the kind of balance that's important to me was to get kicked out.
Old 08-26-2010, 10:04 AM
Banned

IB is trash and so are you Alawen, how it has taken you one year and a guild kick to realize that is beyond my imagination.

Quote:
We farmed Maestro long after there was nothing we needed and deleted the loot.
That's not entirely true, you farmed maestro because you're a bunch of sad pathetic worthless nobodies with nothing better to spend their time on.

If I was a admin, I would have banned and deleted every member of IB a long time ago. It's a win/win situation for everone, sadly someone is lacking a pair of balls.
Old 08-26-2010, 10:25 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sigmastorm [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
IB is trash and so are you Alawen, how it has taken you one year and a guild kick to realize that is beyond my imagination.

That's not entirely true, you farmed maestro because you're a bunch of sad pathetic worthless nobodies with nothing better to spend their time on.

If I was a admin, I would have banned and deleted every member of IB a long time ago. It's a win/win situation for everone, sadly someone is lacking a pair of balls.
I think your attitude would be right at home in IB. Personally, I don't think other human beings are trash. I believe people are essentially good, but sometimes they make poor choices and do things they won't be proud of later.

I was in IB for about six months, with time taken off for two trips back to Minnesota, a move, a vacation in Cozumel and a week break just because I wasn't having fun. As I said, my attendance was inconsistent during the boss camp, so I was active for about four to four and a half months and most of that was from February to May. Most of that time was pretty fun, although the feeling of fun suffered a lot as we lost Karsten, Crow and Hasbinbad. They were all hilarious on a daily basis.

Since the camping began, the guild mood was mostly set by Stumbles and Ektar, neither of whom are very fun or funny at all. They're both pretty petty and try to make up for their lack of knowledge and experience in EverQuest by being sticklers for rules, yelling at people for talking or forgetting potions or whatnot. There's a lot of yelling at people in general.

It will be interesting to see IB's future. They're having lot of trouble hanging on to good tanks and clerics, which is obviously the key to success in this game. Now that they're no longer farming Plane of Hate, they'll have to attract warriors and clerics who are already geared. That seems like a significant challenge.
Closed Thread