Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 09-13-2010, 08:45 AM
Planar Protector

Default game economy

I'm frustrated that I know for a fact FBSS is worth 10-12k, however I must sell it for 16k+ as I am a capitalist. We are all aware that; there is a heady abundance of them on p1999, they are perma camped 24/7, and their precedent value is worth no more than 12k.

So, what do I do? Sell it for what I know it's worth (11ish) and take the loss upon myself? My intent would be to start a trend to adjust the inflated price, but one single FBSS sold under current value does not accomplish this.

Shitty situation, I'm not looking to rip anybody off, but I have to..
Old 09-13-2010, 08:53 AM
Planar Protector

Once Kunark drops with RBG's and epic haste for a few classes we may see a price adjustment, but regardless Sky has already hit and a lot of folks are gearing up in the 21% class belts. 16-20k for 21% haste just seems wrong.
Old 09-13-2010, 09:16 AM
Sarnak

It's basic supply and demand. DA got like 15 Haste belts this weekend, which means a lot of FBSS are hitting the market.

Basically you're going to need to be really patient, or take the loss.

Why is this is R&F?
Old 09-13-2010, 09:18 AM
Orc

That's the dumbest thing I have ever read OP

I know you won't understand price equilibrium theory so I will just say an item is worth whatever people pay for it. If everyone is paying 15k, then it is worth 15k.
Old 09-13-2010, 09:42 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanor [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

I know you won't understand price equilibrium theory so I will just say an item is worth whatever people pay for it. If everyone is paying 15k, then it is worth 15k.
Relax Kanor,

He is simply bringing attention to the fact that FBSS is overpriced as hell and it should not be the case. He is right in the fact that it is perma-camped and that there is no reason it should be selling so high. The reason they are going so high is because someone is able to control the market (IE: High end guilds) because they are the ones who perma-camp this shit. Not to mention the fact that people are twinking like hell now because everyone is waiting for kunark, which is only making them jack up the price even more. They didn't even sell for that high back on classic.
Old 09-13-2010, 09:43 AM
Fire Giant

Send a message via AIM to Thulghor Send a message via MSN to Thulghor Send a message via Yahoo to Thulghor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Molitoth [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Why is this is R&F?
I think because it's a rant of sort. :-P

From my personal warrior's standpoint, I've noticed quite an increase in the price of "warrior twink" items lately, which goes hand in hand with all the new "warrior twinks" I've been seeing suddenly in the 20-30's leveling bracket. Consequently, I've been seeing a significant increase in the number of level 30 warrior accounts being sold in the "WTS-East Commonlands Tunnel" forums, as well as the actual EC tunnel in game.

Yaks have been going up quite a bit as well. While I was seeing them in the 7-7500 plat range for a while, they're suddenly going up to 9k+ Even today, I saw one guy offer 18k for a pair, and another guy throw out 12k for just one. Little items, like Dwarven Workboots were steadily going for about 350-400. Now I'm seeing a lot of "600 firm" auctions going on. For those that can't afford Yaks, Obsidian shards weren't bad, but they went from 600 per, down to 300 for a bit, now suddenly they're back in the 500-700 range. Other things like Mithril armor pieces and such are also jumping back up in price. Thankfully I was able to quest for most of my crafted armor pieces.

While this isn't a big deal for most people, it does kinda suck for fresh warriors like myself, who just rolled right into the class rather than start out with a soloing class, only to then gear out a twink. Do I regret that decision? Not really. While it does make things more difficult, it is my own decision to live with. I have had a lot of fun thus far.

One thing that does burn my bacon is when I go to tank for a group and everyone there is fully twinked out in 50-100k plat worth of gear. While this in of itself isn't a problem (better gear means that they'll generally perform better, and we'll get more exp) the level of ridicule (why don't you have Yaks + FBSS yet? Lol! Noob!) I get sometimes gets rather old.

Even so, I've only been kicked out of a group due to "gear inadequacies" once in an "exp power farm" Mistmoore group because I was trying to keep threat off of two fully twinked rogues who didn't know how to press the evade key, and a fully kitted out bard who kept telling me to "spam press the taunt key to get more aggro." My experiences since then have been far more pleasant. :-)

Regardless, I figure at the rate I'm going, I'll probably be able to afford an FBSS and two Yaks around the time Velious hits. :-)

TLDR Version: I suck at EQ and should /delete :-P
<The Second Sons> (former member of <Vesica Dei>, <Evoluxa>)

Green Server: Khargulkaronarr - Troll Shadowknight of Cazic Thule - <Asgard>, Mordwin - Human Paladin of Erollisi Marr

(Once Upon a Time: Alarik of the Brell Serilis server)
Old 09-13-2010, 09:44 AM
Large Rat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanor [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Thanks, Alan Greenspan.
Old 09-13-2010, 09:55 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eyry [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
They didn't even sell for that high back on classic.
They didn't even sell for this much 3 months ago, they were a solid 10-12k then out of nowhere went to 15, then 17, to 20! and I've even heard of people selling them for as much as 22k.

Seeing them for 15 now is at least reasonable.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aeolwind View Post
It actually takes more time for you to create an account, and all the posts than it does to ban you.
Old 09-13-2010, 10:03 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mani [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Prices have gone up considerably across the board with a few exceptions. I imagine this is because plat is worth less. There is more of it.
tell that to my cleric, he's still tryin to scrape enough together to buy my next chunk of spells. Of course Im also low level so I should probably just shut up
Old 09-13-2010, 10:08 AM
Scrawny Gnoll

hey, you think its bad, im still trying to rap my head around all this crap NOT being twink gear. I remember Yaks, for 500pp, FBSS for 2k or under these prices to me are INSANE. Then I remember....thats the best this server has to offer.....so oh well.

Look at the US and Opec, we pay what they want cause we want what they have...bottom line, if you will Pay 15k , they will sell for 15k. I currently have 4pp to my name, so im not too worried about this stuff yet.
Closed Thread