Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 09-09-2010, 08:51 AM
Banned

Default So how much dual boxing is there, or are they just AFK

Yesterday, ive never seen so much people in the tunnel, stopped playing for maybe 3 months, when peak was at like 600 players.

Back then, the tunnel was kind of new and any noob asking for a buff would get it pretty quick.

Like i was saying, never saw that much people in the tunnel, and yet, i asked for buffs for 10mins and nobody reacted. Some guy i just talked to said he had the same experience.

So are all these people AFKs? Or just the consequence of allowing dual boxing and those are the toons of the "wife" and "girlfriend" that are just left there to trade?

I know the devs dont owe us shit, but id be curious to know what the dual boxing looks like, like how many IPs have asked for exemptions and gotten it.

What are people's experience from the tunnel, people that have rolled lowbies recently with no guild tags? You getting buffs easy or the silent treatment as well?
Old 09-09-2010, 09:07 AM
Aviak

Random_Dude01: hey man can I get a DS
*silence*
Random_dude02: Hello Sir, might I have a Damage Shield?
*silence*
Random_dude03: ds plz
*silence*

Teeheefemalewoodelf: can I have a ds hun?
Me: Come to tunnel ent

Moral of the story? Roll a mangina, I'll shower you with my 25 pt. DS all day
Old 09-09-2010, 09:09 AM
Sarnak

same experience but in a different way. I find a lot of "auctioners" are giving a message once every 5-10 mins and do not respond till its next auction time. I mean this could just be the way to do it. Lord knows i dont want to sit in front of a screen, staring, waiting for responses. At the same time tho these "auctioners" have quite often been low level alts, naked, and only seen in EC. Now i can see the need for a trader alt if you are a reseller or are never close to EC, but the combination of the two DOES look suspect. In the end i reserve judgment because there still is no concrete proof of wrongdoing.

Bob has crushed you with his wallet.
Old 09-09-2010, 09:10 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lelroni [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Moral of the story? Roll a mangina, I'll shower you with my 25 pt. DS all day
Is this code for "ill make it rain on a bitch"?

Bob has crushed you with his wallet.
Old 09-09-2010, 09:12 AM
Sarnak

well, I know when I am camping EC for a certain item, I will give out my auction then turn my chair around and play fallout 3 or what ever other game i happen to be playing at the time, of course I also put up an afk message letting folks know I am not here but will check back within 5 - 10 minutes.
Old 09-09-2010, 09:47 AM
Aviak

I was under the impression that dual-boxing and multi-boxing was illegal on this server.
Old 09-09-2010, 09:52 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rasterburn [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I was under the impression that dual-boxing and multi-boxing was illegal on this server.
Yea if they catch you. But ive got 2 boxes here, if i ask for a IP exemption, how could they ever tell that its my wife or me manning both keyboards? If im careful and all.

The only reason im not doing it is cuz i understand that this would run this server into the ground, if dual boxing was allowed to creep up.

The main reason (i think) p99 is that popular is because people need to group.
Old 09-09-2010, 09:54 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taxi [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Like i was saying, never saw that much people in the tunnel, and yet, i asked for buffs for 10mins and nobody reacted.
Don't assume people are afk just because they don't respond to you.
Old 09-09-2010, 09:56 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toony [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Don't assume people are afk just because they don't respond to you.
Im just trying to get feedback to see if peoples experiences have been similar, cuz im just about to stop porting any guy that has a major guild tag on top of his head.
Old 09-09-2010, 10:02 AM
Banned

There does seem to be a lot of AFK in the tunnel, but that could just be people... AFK. Not everything is something sinister.

I spend a couple hours most days at the front of the tunnel helping people out with buffs and socializing. Look for me if you need something; I try to respond to all buff requests. Sometimes I even have something to auction!
Closed Thread