Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 08-31-2010, 06:50 PM
Sarnak

Default Power Levelers

Can eat a dick.

Seriously could someone ruin a zone more for lowbies?

What do these people do, they stroll up to wherever they can pull the most mobs from regardless of camp.

Then they proceed to pull everything in the area, again disregarding camps and sometimes (even sometimes) pull a mob right out of a group while they're attacking it, and also ignoring all tells and shouts because other people don't matter.

Personally I try to ignore it because really, really, what can I do as a low level exper? gm's have stated screenshots don't mean a lot because they can be altered, even fraps if you want to get super technical. So being in a low level group shit happens and sometimes you get an extra mob or your puller dies on inc.

And when the power leveler is sitting in your groups pull path, claiming that its the "correct camp" because sitting around a corner apparently claims the camp however I digress, their noob can die.

What does the power leveler do? why train the group of course! it's the only way to get even at us cocksuckers for all the trouble we've caused you, I mean christ you act like we just walked up and started stealing all your mobs.

Anyway, everyone gets back in place and the puller goes for the first pull and runs through the power leveler, through the correct camp i mean obviously, and waits for a single respawn so he doesn't train again trying to avoid issues. WRONG! Train that motherfucker, 6 mobs on the group, multiple deaths, everyone's mad.

The group leaves tired of being trained and being harassed in /shout when other people in the zone start asking why there have been multiple trains.

Yep nerdraging for weeks, I am just astounded at the behavior of some people on this server, and they're lucky that most people aren't asshole because I as >< close to training and messing with this motherfucker for hours risking the ban on principle alone.

Fuck douchebag power levelers who think they're better than everyone else. Assholes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aeolwind View Post
It actually takes more time for you to create an account, and all the posts than it does to ban you.
Old 08-31-2010, 06:56 PM
Orc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kinamur1999 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Can eat a dick.

Seriously could someone ruin a zone more for lowbies?

What do these people do, they stroll up to wherever they can pull the most mobs from regardless of camp.

Then they proceed to pull everything in the area, again disregarding camps and sometimes (even sometimes) pull a mob right out of a group while they're attacking it, and also ignoring all tells and shouts because other people don't matter.

Personally I try to ignore it because really, really, what can I do as a low level exper? gm's have stated screenshots don't mean a lot because they can be altered, even fraps if you want to get super technical. So being in a low level group shit happens and sometimes you get an extra mob or your puller dies on inc.

And when the power leveler is sitting in your groups pull path, claiming that its the "correct camp" because sitting around a corner apparently claims the camp however I digress, their noob can die.

What does the power leveler do? why train the group of course! it's the only way to get even at us cocksuckers for all the trouble we've caused you, I mean christ you act like we just walked up and started stealing all your mobs.

Anyway, everyone gets back in place and the puller goes for the first pull and runs through the power leveler, through the correct camp i mean obviously, and waits for a single respawn so he doesn't train again trying to avoid issues. WRONG! Train that motherfucker, 6 mobs on the group, multiple deaths, everyone's mad.

The group leaves tired of being trained and being harassed in /shout when other people in the zone start asking why there have been multiple trains.

Yep nerdraging for weeks, I am just astounded at the behavior of some people on this server, and they're lucky that most people aren't asshole because I as >< close to training and messing with this motherfucker for hours risking the ban on principle alone.

Fuck douchebag power levelers who think they're better than everyone else. Assholes.
One bad experience with one guy who thought he was cool does not warrant you assuming all powerlevelers are bad. I've powerleveled groups for free out of boredom. If I'm waiting on someone to get to the PL spot, I'll find a random LFG person and pull to them for a while. Thanks for the generalization, ASSHOLE [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 08-31-2010, 06:57 PM
Banned

I powered Kira's alt up from 8-15 yesterday. We didn't bother anyone. A level 18 rogue followed us around for a while and ksed a couple of mobs. No idea what his trip was.
Old 09-01-2010, 09:25 AM
Decaying Skeleton

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bashee_Feind [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
stuff
Totally agree. PLvling works when ppl are respectful and there are hundreds of zones to work with. Packed population and classic only + R-tards plvling = no fun for the rest of us.

But what can you expect? It's EQ!
Old 09-01-2010, 09:56 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alawen Everywhere [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I powered Kira's alt up from 8-15 yesterday. We didn't bother anyone. A level 18 rogue followed us around for a while and ksed a couple of mobs. No idea what his trip was.
It was me bro
Old 09-01-2010, 09:59 AM
Planar Protector

@ OP Kinamur -

Why generalize? You could have just as easily gone to the "Thank You" thread and opened a post about how you love Power Levelers because they don't give a shit about trash loot and you get to gobble it up and vendor/buy spells.

Flame specifically imo.
Old 09-01-2010, 10:43 AM
Fire Giant

whoever was powerleveling the mage yesterday is MM can feel free to die. a well balanced group worth of people had to give up and disperse because the GY and surrounding areas were all being pulled so you could marginally speed up the leveling of the easiest class to level to farm shit to sell in EC with. just super.
Old 09-01-2010, 10:49 AM
Sarnak

dear powerlevelers who dont care about anyone else:

you rock. pl me.
Old 09-01-2010, 06:34 PM
Kobold

I always powerleveled in empty zones (CT/sola/live side guk) in live and it never bothered anyone.
Old 09-01-2010, 10:55 PM
Fire Giant

I have no problems with powerlevelers as long as they kindly make room for regular players if asked.

True, nothing more upsets me when a bunch of lowbie characters, grouped together, are trying to have fun playing only for it to be wrecked by some high level player powerleveling his mate. And usually, they do this camping a named spawn.

P99 - Blue
Lafael - Druid - Level 60
Garnagle - Necro - Level 57
Seductress - Enchanter - Level 52
Sweets - Bard - Level 35
Venexia - Shaman - Level 60
Wonderelf - Warrior - Level 51
Closed Thread