Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 09-12-2010, 10:41 AM
Sarnak

There's so much /say spam at tunnel entrance I tend to just ignore it, mainly because I grew tired of noobs running up to me and demanding buffs without thanks like I'm a vending machine.

But for those that send tells for anything I give them the works.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aeolwind View Post
It actually takes more time for you to create an account, and all the posts than it does to ban you.
Old 09-12-2010, 10:56 AM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElanoraBryght [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
People are entirely too paranoid that they are being run over by boxers and MQers.

The witch hunt does get annoying. Our guild, which is only like 8-10 people, hunt day and night together. Folks will train us, just to see if we all move, or are on auto follow. We get stupid tells asking pointless questions, (trying to see if any are afk.)

God forbid one of our members has to piss or anything, and is afk, or on af.

I do play EQ with my husband. (kids dont like the graphics, so they wont play this with us, but have played wow/eq2, etc with us but thats another story) You know what? I do put him on af, if i need to run to the bathroom, am checking on the pizza in the oven, etc.. I also put him on af, because im lazy.

You know what else? I may not respond to your tells because (a) i dont want to, (b) i dont care, (c) it was a dumb ass question (d) im busy talking with guild or group, or (E) i have you on ignore already.

Boxers, who are the problem, are the ones trying to make sure they dont get banned. They do this, by NOT HUNTING TOGETHER. They are the single guy, sitting on a spawn point semi afk.(stick one by hadden, one by pyzjn, one at ac camp in oot, etc.) The stationary camps, with the rare rare spawns. They are the ones who sit 24/7 in ec, yet by some miracle, they always have tons of loot to sell. They are the semi afk exp sponges you get in pick up groups, you know, the mage who seems to forget to send in his pet 50 percent of the time, takes frequent afks, etc.. (I know, some of those folks arent boxing eq... they could be like my husband, running eve on the other monitor)

Point is..
People who wish to break the rules will do so regardless. Not only using IP exceptions, but proxy servers, etc.

The honest people who do wish to box, dont.

The honest people, are at a disadvantage.

No solution would make everyone happy. But if you allow boxing, you would at least give some honest people a means of keeping up with the dishonest ones.
Old 09-12-2010, 12:22 PM
Sarnak

This is really a 2 part argument.

On the first count do I believe theres a ton of closet 2boxers? No, but the ones that ARE around make it bad enough that people are looking for more.

On the second count of buffing people, different strokes imo. I mean you cant just expect someone to buff you whenever you feel like being buffed. Mana is free and they might be sitting there doing nothing but they dont you you anything either. Some people will be nice enough to do it and some will not. No reason to flame anyone on either side. If you got free buffs from some semi idle seller consider it lucky, get some easy xp, and move along.

Bob has crushed you with his wallet.
Old 09-12-2010, 12:46 PM
Banned

I bet you guys get scared of lvl 5 newbies asking for buffs like a lvl 5 newbie gets scared of a hill giant that walks too close.

Dur Dur DURRRRR

What doushe.
Old 09-12-2010, 01:04 PM
Planar Protector

there are two reasons why people hate boxing on this server:

1. (the minority) are the people who hate boxing because they think it destroys the game, community, experience of playing, etc. these people are on a crusade to weed out anyone that is violating this commandment and committing the sin of boxing.

2. (the majority) are the people who are rule abiding and have voluntarily (either out of fear of being caught or respect for the rules) agreed to abide honestly with the rules of no boxing. these people hate boxers for doing something they would like to do, but can't because of the rules.

I'll openly admit that I'm one of the second types of people. The only reason I don't box is because it is against the rules, and I wouldn't want to risk having an account/ip banned. So, when I see someone else doing it and getting the benefits from it that I would like it really pisses me off.

I also openly admit that my reasons for getting pissed when I see other people boxing are selfish and not entirely mature for someone my age. Oh well...screw 'em. If I can't do it then nobody else should be allowed to do it either.

As for the devs, I have ZERO influence in what they decide to do because this is their play pen. So, I will go along with their decisions.

If I want to box more than I want to play classic, then I'll go back to live.
Old 09-12-2010, 01:44 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by fastboy21 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

1. (the minority) are the people who hate boxing because they think it destroys the game, community, experience of playing, etc. these people are on a crusade to weed out anyone that is violating this commandment and committing the sin of boxing.

2. (the majority) are the people who are rule abiding and have voluntarily (either out of fear of being caught or respect for the rules) agreed to abide honestly with the rules of no boxing. these people hate boxers for doing something they would like to do, but can't because of the rules.

I'll openly admit that I'm one of the second types of people. The only reason I don't box is because it is against the rules, and I wouldn't want to risk having an account/ip banned. So, when I see someone else doing it and getting the benefits from it that I would like it really pisses me off.

I also openly admit that my reasons for getting pissed when I see other people boxing are selfish and not entirely mature for someone my age. Oh well...screw 'em. If I can't do it then nobody else should be allowed to do it either.

As for the devs, I have ZERO influence in what they decide to do because this is their play pen. So, I will go along with their decisions.

What this guy said...Im in group 2 tbh =/
Old 09-12-2010, 02:13 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by fastboy21 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

You need to switch 1 and 2 around, a server vote showed conclusively more people did NOT want boxing than did by a huge margin.
http://www.project1999.org/forums/showthread.php?t=2738
Sorry but YOU are the minority. Now go feel repressed elsewhere.
Old 09-12-2010, 02:15 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:

1. (the majority) are the people who don't think boxing should be allowed because they think it destroys the game, community, experience of playing, etc.

2. (the minority) are the people who are rule abiding and have voluntarily (either out of fear of being caught or respect for the rules) agreed to abide honestly with the rules of no boxing. these people hate boxers for doing something they would like to do, but can't because of the rules.
Fixed.

Everquest is a social game, if boxing were allowed people would be forced to box in order to be competitive. No one would group with anyone but themselves. There is no way they will allow boxing on this server because they know it would ruin it. You can box at PEQ so why not play there?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruman View Post
Hahaha, that is awesome. Right up there with...that one guy's....boat service before the boats worked.
Old 09-12-2010, 02:20 PM
Banned

Id sometimes have liked to buff my alts with my druid and PL but understand that it would screw up the server so i was ok with it.

I was just mainly wanting to have feedback on peoples experiences leveling in EC.
Old 09-12-2010, 02:22 PM
Banned

Does peq have stuff past luclin? Or go higher lvls than velious offered? If so, p99 is where ill stay. Give me boxing with nothing past velious and Ill play there though =P I disliked SoL and everything after it, but p99 is the only one I see that isnt easy mode or retarded.
Closed Thread