Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 09-01-2010, 05:45 AM
Orc

I have to say guys, thanks for the lols. It's been an entertaining thread of ghost stories =)
Old 09-01-2010, 06:09 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bossco [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Sounds like Divinity out maneuvered you guys over and over again. Well done, Divinity. =P
Listen. We may have gotten a bit cocky, some of the kills we got over the previous two weeks were not mobs we were first to engage, they were mobs that Tranz, WI, Eminence and even DA had wiped to. Counting on peeps wiping to Draco, Inny and Naggy will not get anyone very far, these were windfalls.

There are accusations of leapfrogging, what happened with Naggy last week WI? We were obviously buffing up for an engage and you guys ran past us willy-nilly and buffless to wipe at Naggy's feet. Perhaps it was in spite.

DTs are part of the encounter in Fear. They suck but it is random who is hit.

The only true competitive raid is Fear, all the others are easily camped if the will is there. I don't blame DA for sitting at Naggy's spawn point during Peak Hours and waiting, you might as well. We were doing pretty much the same thing. Fair is Fair.

Having the Balls to pull CT with 10+ mobs still up is something I am proud of, the rush of backstabbing CT surrounded by so many mobs was so badass. I felt the spirit of true competition during the past two CT races and am sad that others feel that it was not fair. The facts are that Leapfrogging is not against he server rules and the nature of the race for CT requires strategy not just persistence.

For the last two weeks the raid scene has been different. Yes Divinity got the majority of kills but like I said a few were windfalls that are unlikely (wiping to Naggy) and others could have easily gotten them instead. It was fun while it lasted. Just glad I got to experience it [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Shankton McGee 50 Rogue <Divinity>
Old 09-01-2010, 07:47 AM
Scrawny Gnoll

problem with Divinity is you got no balls. "oh, gee whiz, we fold. pure luck we got the kills we did". Maybe DA is better than you.
Old 09-01-2010, 08:03 AM
Orc

Now that we have effectively get rid of poopsocking, we are faced with leapfrogging.

So instead of spending time and effort bitching and ranting, why dont we go straight to he real issue at hand and try to offer a potential solution?

the questions are:

Despite its obvious cons, is leapfrogging still largely preferable than poopsocking?

If so, is there a solution to solve leapfrogging while maintaining the FTE raid rule?
Old 09-01-2010, 08:11 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Remiel [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
If so, is there a solution to solve leapfrogging while maintaining the FTE raid rule?
It's going to be impossible for any guild to do Cazic without being called leapfroggers when theres another guild in the zone. Honestly if there are 2-3 guilds clearing fear they are ALL going to feel they have the right and no matter which gets it the other is going to cry leapfrog.

Something say first to kill 2 golems gets CT would alleviate some of this bullshit, but guild drama is P99 and no matter how clean of a kill you get there's going to be 20, 40 in some cases, people sitting behind you screaming Cheats! Exploits! Hacks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aeolwind View Post
It actually takes more time for you to create an account, and all the posts than it does to ban you.
Old 09-01-2010, 10:00 AM
Sarnak

Thumbs up

Quote:
Quote:
I'm very happy that you guys managed to down her, just unhappy as to how you got to attempt her. Where is the competitive spirit of racing to a mob? I'd hate to toss mud again in Trans's direction but this whole "if we can't race 'em camp 'em" mentality is just extremely lame.
Quote:
So don't think of this post as being all bitter over losing a dragon. I'm happy for Divinity (those that know me online know I'm a reasonable guy). The zerg doesn't bother me, the camp certainly does. I've said my piece so troll away.
G13 stop stealing my quotes. I demand royalty fees... Kidding aside it saddens me that the very thing I was worried about became a reality. Back then when this issue was brought up you all cried about how IB is whining on losing a dragon when the camp issue could have been fixed back then. Everyone had to endure the Poopsock wars which turned off a lot of players out of p99, and now DA is hellbent on bringing it back after getting spanked in Sky.

What baffles me is DA says:

1. We are the best in this server and IB cheats their way to the top.
2. We have some good to great players.
3. We got the numbers.
4. We got the dedication to raid hardcore.
5. If you lose a mob to us : A- Stop crying B- Your guild sucks
6. If you beat us to a mob: A- Stop hacking B- GM Favoritism C- Stop bending the rules

Yet, why can't you guys assert yourselves like IB did instead of resorting to the good ol Poopsock. Now that you guys have to camp at the "spawn" point, I'd love to see step 2 of the anti camp policy. Increase variance to + or - 4 days and see if all your skilled raiders can stay on your keyboards 24/7.

It's clear DA is trying to be great at something, they ARE the bar for poopsocking. If devs want to eliminate that part of the game all they need to do is use DA as the perfect lab rat. Keep increasing variance until DA stops pooping then you will have your answer on how to maintain the spirit of first to engage rule.

As for CT/Leapfrogging, everything is really muddy in Fear. A lot of misunderstanding can happen between pulling/kiting/DT cycles etc... this is why we all agreed on a set of player rules just for Fear (well aside from the retards in D..*cough* sorry FB who were too cool to agree to anything). Perhaps it's that time again to establish new custom rules just for Fear?

PS: Hopefully people with some pride in DA can step up and stop this nonsense before it becomes accepted behaviour once more.

PPS: Keep it legit guys or no respect!
Old 09-01-2010, 11:21 AM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by anthony210 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
If you call competition camping then sure we are butthurt. Do not mistake whats happening now for competition this is not competition. We refuse to camp raid targets, and since you guys cannot win a race to target, you are forced to camp. All of your raid targets this week with the exception of Draco and Vox were due to camping, congratz you win at camping!

Should we mention what happened with CT where you had REAL competition.
lmao, you did the same thing! Nice propaganda.

I'm sorry but ninja logging your members near Naggy and logging alts awaiting the spawn is pretty much the same thing. You guys are hilarious.

You all tried logging on as soon as he poped and we beat you too it.

QQ
Old 09-01-2010, 11:58 AM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alawen Everywhere [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
And then someone said, "Hey, let's blame Alawen for the zone crash bug," despite the fact that I've never used third party software or exploits or any of that crap on any server of any game, ever. But hey, why not smear a guy's reputation based on random bullshit just because you don't like him?

Fuck you.
I know a few including myself blame you for the zone crashes cause you were a dick on multiple occasions during many fear and hate raids. As I recall you would routinely use shout to incite other guilds and bash them about how much they sucked compared to IB. Perhaps it was in a joking manner but after seeing it on numerous occasions it sure made me think you were a douche.

Also, you conveniently were always around for zone crashes. While i have no proof of this your attitude in game and in shouts led me to believe you were a pos and capable of such things.
Old 09-01-2010, 12:00 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

Hi there Mr. WI applicant. I watched WI sit there and wait for US to pull temple so you cats could pull CT. We were at a stalemate at that point. Eventually you guys decided to break the stalemate. Divinity even helped clear the temple a bit. That entire night was going to come down to which guild was willing to pull CT first and with how many temple mobs left up. We pulled him with about 10 temple mobs (woulda loved to have peeled out that glare lord, but such is life) still up. You guys didn't.

Ah the fun of the DT cycles...

The moment CT starts to DT he puts everyone in the zone on his hate list. You get off this hate list by camping (or using FD if you can, but that can be buggy and doesn't always work.) Divinity had a simple idea. If one of our raid got DTed we all camped. Seemed to work pretty well! So if by "exploiting" you mean "Divinity raid leadership knew how DT cycles worked and effectively countered it" you are correct [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] Often times we would camp out and come back BEFORE WI even started to camp. I know this because I never camped. I FDed and watched /who.

As for who was starting them it is impossible to tell one way or another. Cazic DT cycles can be started a number of ways. If someone aggros a golem CT will start to DT. If someone aggros draco CT will start to DT. If someone aggros a mob and they propagate their hate list to a mob close enough to CT to get him angry, guess what? CT will start to DT. Its all very random and annoying. I will admit that we did start at least 6 DT cycles. Twice during the draco pulls. twice when killing the remaining two golems, once when a stupid monk (hi me!) ran a bit to close to a golem, and once when we pulled CT.

Anyway I'm done! Back to packing the house for my move to Austin.
Old 09-01-2010, 12:07 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bashee_Feind [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I'm trying to figure out if you ever post anything that's worth taking the time to read? All I ever see out of you is dumb shit.

sorry if i dont post hateful or rageful things all the time [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] tell you what though, since you apparently put way too much value into this game and into these forums, ill indulge your appetite for "meaningful posts" with a little truth inbehind what happened

the whole CT/Draco fight was basically a cluserfuck...the 3 guilds in there were all racing to clear far enough in to get first attack on Draco as well as preventing the others from attempting. The entire night we saw people repositioning themselves directly infront of the others raid (I.E Div moving in a direct path between tran's and basically everything, WI moving to East wall then Div moving to the FIRE wall then trans moving to the east wall ABOVE WI) and people were rushing the entire aspect of it. i can only speak for myself but our teamspeak was filled with suggestions and yells of "go pull draco now!" or "if you pull further west, you can get draco to the fetid house then contiune south to avoid divinity's clusterfuck".

Now, after we (all the guilds) cleared the majority of the SW corner area between the fetid house to graveyard to the worrywraith tower, it was begining to look like the time to pull draco. Problem though, Draco was never pathing out of the way of 4 to 6 phobo's leaving the pullers a very hard task....pull draco and train the raidforce or contiune trying to break while enduring DT's. About this time, Supreme decides its been long enough...he see's a very small chance and says fuck it, thus starting the DT cycle the first time. We all deal with it, regroup, and then another fuckwad starts it again....then again....then another time... finally it was to the point that we all felt like killing ourselves just to make it easier. A

bout this time, I became pretty bored as i usually am and decide to cause a few laughs and grins (something that i generally do because, well lets face it...im not a dumb prick who trolls forums looking for drama like you are) by running out there to where people were tracking draco (barfight and like three other monks). I crouch-snuck all the way there so avoid any sort of discovery by mobs if they were up, i barrel rolled into position behind a tree, and i used my uber-dwarf-sight to decide if draco would be worth pulling...he then started moving, some monk aggro'd on accident i assume, and i saw my chance...i ran up, shot an arrow at the son-of-a-bitch, and TOOK off...only to be blinded by a filthy nitemare of all things! so i figured nows my chance to be a true hero and i contiune running in the direction i assume is SW, i make it maybe out of the graveyard before dropping, and our next puller took over...pulled 6 mobs to our raid, we wipe and div cleans up after us.

all this while WI were clearing still or dealing with the dt's (they were getting hit pretty hard by those things)

so there, unbiased account of what happened

oh and go fuck off....figure you wouldnt be happy if i didnt add one more thing to try and start drama. problem is though, no matter how many times i say to fuck off, i really just dont care :/
Closed Thread