Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Old 06-19-2023, 10:24 AM
Planar Protector

Working my way through Tier 3...do you guys prioritize your "to dos" like this?

- World Bosses
- Helltide
- Tree of Whispers
- Nightmare Dungeons
- Renown area stuff

I'm on my first paragon board. Trying to decide if I want to stick with Frozen Orb / Blizzard / Barrier control mage or swap to a more "meta" pyromancer fire build as I progress into end game.
Old 06-19-2023, 11:30 AM
Sarnak

Tree of whispers a waste of time. You need to run a few to get sigils to start doing nightmare dungeons but the loot is bad for the time investment. Just turn the stuff in when you happen to fill the bar incidentally, imho, but never actively chase it down.

Helltides and Nightmare Dungeons are the best sources of gear and exp from my experience so those are the most important things. You can open upto 4 of the mystery chests during a helltide and they have lots of high quality drops usually.

World bosses aren't really good sources of loot but you need to do them for the upgrade materials to put sockets in things, and they don't take long.

For renown just make sure you get all of your potion charges and skill points asap and save the rest for when you're in WT4 since you'll get better drops and exp grinding out the last tiers then.
Old 06-19-2023, 12:22 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dentalplan [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Tree of whispers a waste of time. You need to run a few to get sigils to start doing nightmare dungeons but the loot is bad for the time investment. Just turn the stuff in when you happen to fill the bar incidentally, imho, but never actively chase it down.
Good to know! I solo'd a rank 7 or 8 nightmare last night and it was pretty tough. I'm not using a meta build though.

I really need to go around and get all the statues done. I haven't had the desire to pull up a map and go around specifically to pick those up yet.
Old 06-19-2023, 03:20 PM
Planar Protector

Level 86 Barbarian now, the game is fun but I have an inkling that Seasonal play will become pretty tedious as it currently stands. They need to tweak the Nightmare Dungeon play loop a little to make it more enjoyable and add some QOL stuff but it took D3 years to become polished enough for me to really like, so D4 has a huge head start on that front and I suspect the game will only get better and probably in pretty short order.

Thinking about making a Sorc alt now, not seeing much point in grinding past 90 other than to maybe kill level 100 Lilith for shits and giggles

Another difficulty level past world tier 4 is already needed. For a loot grind game it seems pretty poor design to not really get many upgrades from level 70-100 as all the best shit starts dropping immediately in WT4
Frostbane Wolfeye - Green99 - 54 Shaman
Cruetraxa Macequest - Green99 - 60 Necromancer
Snowleopard Wu'Tong - Green99 - 60 Monk
Lobsterhands - Green99 - 55 Cleric
#FreeWuTang
Last edited by Bardp1999; 06-19-2023 at 03:22 PM..
Old 06-20-2023, 12:39 AM
Banned

Sounds like you guys are having a little bit of fun b4 the big roid hits.

That is great!
Old 06-20-2023, 09:46 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bardp1999 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Level 86 Barbarian now, the game is fun but I have an inkling that Seasonal play will become pretty tedious as it currently stands. They need to tweak the Nightmare Dungeon play loop a little to make it more enjoyable and add some QOL stuff but it took D3 years to become polished enough for me to really like, so D4 has a huge head start on that front and I suspect the game will only get better and probably in pretty short order.

Thinking about making a Sorc alt now, not seeing much point in grinding past 90 other than to maybe kill level 100 Lilith for shits and giggles

Another difficulty level past world tier 4 is already needed. For a loot grind game it seems pretty poor design to not really get many upgrades from level 70-100 as all the best shit starts dropping immediately in WT4
When can you realistically go to World Tier 4 and stay there? I could get a friend or two to carry me through the capstone dungeon but I want to be able to survive on my own after getting there. Like is there a certain level of nightmare dungeon I should be able to reliably solo as a "char check" before moving on? I have a couple level 18 sigils for NMDs I've been saving til I wrap up a couple key paragon board nodes / glyphs.

I'm a 58 sorc - playing an off meta full frost frozen orb / blizzard / deep freeze / barrier generation build (i still use ice shards but enchantment only for the passive proc, not on my spell bar/hotkeys).
Last edited by Toxigen; 06-20-2023 at 09:56 AM..
Old 06-20-2023, 06:25 PM
Planar Protector

WT4 cant have enemies below level 72 or 73 I believe, so even if you manage to get there at level 60, everything in the world will be 72 or 73. Then when you get past level 73 it scales with whatever level you are. For example, at level 88 I think all the world monsters are spawning as level 89 for me now.

But just because the world monsters are 73 doesnt mean you need to be level 73, I think 65 is when I moved over and it was fine. At level 88 I am doing Nightmare 40-45 dungeons and the monsters are all over level 100 at that stage and I can stomp most of them easily (bad elite affixes can cause some trouble occasionally), but I also have a advanced paragon board, many uniques, have min/max most of my gear, and I have a meta build (whirl wind).

The main advantage of WT4 is Ancestral loot, you will start being able to get gear 720-820 ilvl and it will really boost you, plus all the Uniques can drop.

Basically get to WT4 soon as you can because you will replace every piece of gear you have once you get the Ancestral version. When you are still in WT3 gear WT4 will seem challenging, but once you have WT4 gear you'll start owning shit above your level easily

Also DM me if you want a power level, I dont mind at all
Frostbane Wolfeye - Green99 - 54 Shaman
Cruetraxa Macequest - Green99 - 60 Necromancer
Snowleopard Wu'Tong - Green99 - 60 Monk
Lobsterhands - Green99 - 55 Cleric
#FreeWuTang
Last edited by Bardp1999; 06-20-2023 at 06:30 PM..
Old 06-21-2023, 10:29 AM
Banned

Could anyone give a quick summary of how D4 is different than D2? I played diablo 1 and then a TON of diablo 2, but I skipped 3 entirely.

I just picked up D4 and I don't understand how some things work. Is the world one big hub? IE no discreet acts or episodes? Where are your potions? I don't see them in the "consumables" inventory tab. Also why do I see other people of various levels running around in the world? Is everyone on one big server, or..? Also do you have to identify items anymore? All the magic stuff I find seems to be pre-identified.

Definitely liking it so far overall, some of the environments look amazing graphically and I like the skill tree, but my brain just defaults to Diablo 2 so some things are kind of confusing.
Old 06-21-2023, 11:04 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ooloo [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Could anyone give a quick summary of how D4 is different than D2? I played diablo 1 and then a TON of diablo 2, but I skipped 3 entirely.

I just picked up D4 and I don't understand how some things work. Is the world one big hub? IE no discreet acts or episodes? Where are your potions? I don't see them in the "consumables" inventory tab. Also why do I see other people of various levels running around in the world? Is everyone on one big server, or..? Also do you have to identify items anymore? All the magic stuff I find seems to be pre-identified.

Definitely liking it so far overall, some of the environments look amazing graphically and I like the skill tree, but my brain just defaults to Diablo 2 so some things are kind of confusing.
You don't get potions in inventory. You start with 3 or 4 and can unlock more earning renown with the different areas. Health potions drop a lot in dungeons and you can also restock at "healer" NPCs in towns as well as those healing cauldron things out in the wild.

I think theres a bunch of servers you prob randomly get assigned on.

This is my first real go at Diablo so its been pretty great.

@Bardp1999 - thank you! That's exactly what I was looking for. I'm 60 now...probably done spending resources upgrading my current gear until I decide on an end game build...I'll just keep leveling to 65 then push WT4. I'll hit you up for a carry sometime!
Old 06-21-2023, 11:10 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ooloo [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

First of all welcome to the party!
Yes the world is basically a giant world like eq….dungeons you load into will be your own “instance” but the open world is shared, which is why you see people running around. All items are automatically identified and your potions are now it’s own “ability” and you unlock more potions through completion of portions of the map, IE renown. As you lvl go to the alchemist to make the heal potion more powerful.

Pay attention to legendary item ‘abilities’ because if you like it you can rip the ability out at the occultist guy and then put it in any other item and it will automatically make it legendary.

I’m only lvl 50 but I’m having a great time so far with a flurry rogue. Rocking puncture/flurry/shadow step/dash/smoke grenade and it’s been pretty awesome in the aoe dmg department. Single target big named mobs still give me a bit of trouble but Im having fun and I think that’s the goal.

Kellian Cove (60 Wood Elf Rogue)
Parra Doxx (55 Barbarian Shaman)

“This man is using his mind as a weapon …and woe be tide the creature who
steps into his garden" -Finch

Last edited by Evia; 06-21-2023 at 11:13 AM..