Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-17-2020, 07:20 PM
Decaying Skeleton

Default Want to experience Planar Raiding and Epic Questing

Greetings! I just found out about P99 Green and I'm staring at the character creation screen.

I'd like to give you a little background about my experience with EQ first. I started EQ with the release of Velious. I played Mage(Main) Rogue Bard through-out Velious and seriously enjoyed the OTM calls to Velious Raids and Ring Wars. I really enjoyed the game up to LDoN where I left. I never got to experience Vanilla planar raiding and Kunark Era Epic quests. I later did many of those quest steps as a Duo with my SHM friend. So Mangler releases and I'm late to the party again. I start the server 3-4 weeks before Kunark is set to release. Behind the curve, I start out with an ogre SK and box a troll SHM, later adding a human MNK to reduce downtime. (I know! No boxxing on P99!) I really enjoyed questing my Darkforge set and Totemic set for those toons. I'm happy with level 40 toons, but then Kunark releases, I'm in EC tunnel the next week and standing there is a level 50+ Ikky Necro and I'm heartbroken. I've missed my window. Guilds have moved on and gear is rotting in Planar zones.

So, here I am starting over, I want to raid the plains at level 50/60 and work on Epics with an appropriate level group. What has me bummed out is experience penalties and being 4 months behind everyone else. I want to start a troll SHM, but the experience penalty and being exiled from Commonlands and Faydwer has me regretting that. Not the best choice for starting on a new server. I don't care for the Barbarian flavor SHM either. So, what are more new player friendly options that aren't a dime a dozen in Planar guilds?!? I for damn sure don't want to be Woody_DRU_#501 and then be competing against guild clerics for Wisdom drops. I'm not loot-focused, but I certainly took my lumps as a MAG behind guild ENC and WIZ on dungeon finds. What toon do you suggest for me to build a foundation on the server?