Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Casters

Old 02-16-2024, 03:17 PM
Planar Protector

That post was wholly unnecessary. Stay on topic or maybe don't post compulsively? Everything you said that was relevant to this thread was simply agreeing with me followed by quoting what you already said. Nothing productive was added.

Cut out the shit.
https://www.project1999.com/forums/s...43&postcount=2

Old 02-16-2024, 03:21 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Troxx [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
That post was wholly unnecessary. Stay on topic or maybe don't post compulsively? Everything you said that was relevant to this thread was simply agreeing with me followed by quoting what you already said. Nothing productive was added.

Cut out the shit.
Do you have amnesia?

https://www.project1999.com/forums/s...3&postcount=35

You just posted that today. That post was wholly unnecessary lol, as was the "DSM Threads" comment in your previous post. You are the one posting off-topic nonsense compulsively.

The post you are responding to in the linked post was also wholly unnecessary. Nothing productive was added. Yet you allow Branamil to get away with it, because you will ignore any bad behavior that you enjoy. If someone is attacking me with off-topic nonsense, that's completely fine and on topic somehow in your mind. If I defend myself? That is somehow spamming the thread. It's absolute nonsense, and your hypocrisy is extremely obvious right now.

If you didn't post that comment, I wouldn't have posted a response defending myself. It is amazing you don't understand basic cause and effect. You can check the post history, I never randomly attack other posters. You attack me, and I defend myself. If you don't want me to defend myself, don't attack me!

Your first post in this thread was on topic, and not attacking anybody. But in typical Troxx fashion, you compulsively had to troll this thread and attack other posters. Can you even respond to one thread without doing this? Can you control yourself for even two posts in a row?
Last edited by DeathsSilkyMist; 02-16-2024 at 03:43 PM..
Old 02-16-2024, 04:18 PM
Planar Protector

I’m not gonna apologize for agreeing with someone. You were being a turd for no rational reason over a nothingburger post. If anyone objectively looks at the discourse that was evolving between you and Branamil following his extremely benign post … the absurdity, pointlessness and hostility is obvious.

Why do you always have to make drama out of something that doesn’t need to be dramatic.

Nobody here is actually disagreeing.

It’s a fact that iksar is objectively the best.

But that’s not what the OP was asking. The meat and potatoes of his post was this (a direct quote from post 1):

“Is the iksar passive that huge and game breaking to the point i should stick to iksar?“

And the answer to that is also not up for debate. The answer is no.

Necro is such a powerful, flexible, and capable class that compensating for the lack of regen is easy.

If you want to debate otherwise I’m totally happy to go in that direction with you. That would actually be relevant to the thread. Despite my lengthy post touting why iksar is objectively best I am totally happy to rake you over the coals if you’re wanting to indicate that (shifting the operative question around here)

**Iksar passive regen is huge and game breaking to the point that it would be fruitless to play any other race

Old 02-16-2024, 04:28 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Troxx [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I’m not gonna apologize for agreeing with someone. You were being a turd for no rational reason over a nothingburger post. If anyone objectively looks at the discourse that was evolving between you and Branamil following his extremely benign post … the absurdity, pointlessness and hostility is obvious.
This is why you are a troll. You will let bad behavior slide when it suits your narrative. You have no consistency, and therefore there is no way to trust anything you say. You believe that lying about other posters is not spamming theads, which is obviously silly.

You cannot take the high road and ask people to stay on topic when you always derail threads in the same manner.

My post was not hostile at all. Your bias towards me simply makes you read what I say in the worst possible manner.

Quote:
Why do you always have to make drama out of something that doesn’t need to be dramatic.
You should really ask yourself this question. Why do you compulsively post off topic lies and nonsense to stir up drama? It has nothing to do with the topic at hand. I won't need to defend myself if you don't attack me.

Quote:
Nobody here is actually disagreeing.

It’s a fact that iksar is objectively the best.
Indeed. This is why you should be berating Branamil for derailing the thread instead of myself. I stated that it is up to OP to decide if fashion or stats are his preference. I did not force OP to pick Min/Max, nor is anybody else. There was no reason to target me specifically other than spamming the thread with off topic nonsense.
Last edited by DeathsSilkyMist; 02-16-2024 at 04:33 PM..
Old 02-16-2024, 05:02 PM
Sarnak

Honestly guys. This isn't the second, third or fourth thread that you guys shit up with your own conflict. It's not even just DSM, both parties take part in this.

Nobody here gives about anything other than players weighing in on iksar vs non-iksar.

If I summarize what I've gathered so far:

Currently cases have been made for that prior to 50, at least with a Z-heart, it matters less if you go Iksar or not. After that it's a moderate to great QoL and especially outside of combat. Once you get VP-staff and other regen items it's less than a 10% hp regen difference in combat. At 50+ outside of combat if you can't be arsed or can't afford beads is where it still to a mild to moderate extent with all the bells and whistles equipped and to a moderate to great extent without. The 7-8 regen difference at 60 once you have good gear will rarely make or break a fight and it won't affect what targets you can or can't kill.

I've made the case for gnome size being a great boon for a class with lulls. You could in theory but not really in practice get a gnome mask to offset this and shrink pots are always an option too. Gnome faction is better too but a non-issue as skelly illusion makes it a moot point.

Non-iksars level faster. I will make the point here too that this to some extent matters at 60 too as death does happen, especially for raiding players. As necros mostly solo this will save a substantial time leveling and especially for any necro that is doing timed spawn camps where the iksar regen doesn't translate into faster mob kill rates.

Fashion will always be subjective but if I understand it most people seem to prefer non-iksar necros. Each to his or her own.
Old 02-16-2024, 05:20 PM
Planar Protector

(Gnome mask is bard and rogue only.) But shrink potions are not too expensive for a necro.
Old 02-16-2024, 05:22 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Videri [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
(Gnome mask is bard and rogue only.) But shrink potions are not too expensive for a necro.
Yeah you would use Shrink Pots for "gnome vision". The size of your model is what gives you "gnome vision", not the gnome model specifically. The gnome model just so happens to be the right size by default.
Old 02-16-2024, 06:17 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeathsSilkyMist [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Indeed. This is why you should be berating Branamil for derailing the thread instead of myself. I stated that it is up to OP to decide if fashion or stats are his preference. I did not force OP to pick Min/Max, nor is anybody else. There was no reason to target me specifically other than spamming the thread with off topic nonsense.
Why on earth would I berate him for saying:

Quote:
Originally Posted by branamil [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
It's a roleplaying game. Enjoying your character is far more important than having the most optimal spreadsheet.
You picked a fight with him basically over that. You inferred you knew better what should or shouldn't be posted and he called you out for the twat-waffle you are.

Please stop derailing a threat about a class you've never actually played.

Old 02-16-2024, 06:41 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Why on earth would I berate him for saying:
I didn't say you should berate him for that comment. You berate him for the subsequent comments directly attacking me, which provide no value to this discussion.

Quote:
You picked a fight with him basically over that. You inferred you knew better what should or shouldn't be posted and he called you out for the twat-waffle you are.

Please stop derailing a threat about a class you've never actually played.
I didn't pick a fight with him over that. You are just reading everything I say negatively due to your obvious bias and trolling tendencies. Your assumption I am picking fights with other people is your problem, not mine.

Please stop derailing threads with nonsense and lies.
Old 02-16-2024, 06:51 PM
Planar Protector

Ok whatever. Let the thread move on. I do not expect anything more will be said to add value from any source (you, me or anyone). You and I actually seem to 100% agree here. The only disconnect was the … situation … evolving between you and Branamil. My perceptions of that situation notwithstanding l, it was not relevant to the purpose of the thread.

We all know that regen is the best choice for a class that converts hp to mana and more efficiently converts that mana back to HP.