Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Old 09-16-2022, 04:42 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeathsSilkyMist [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
No. The data shows the Mage's extra DPS gives you no more kills over time.

There is always the possibility of wiping. It is silly to claim I said it is a guarantee. But when you have an x% chance to wipe, it can happen, and has happened.

This isn't "common sense", you have this strange notion people never wipe in Everquest. It's nonsense.
[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeathsSilkyMist [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
It is up to you to prove the DPS numbers will change. That is the claim you are making.
No it is not. I could post logs of videos of me soloing. We could compare that to the videos you have already posted. THAT would be a direct comparison. We could also expand that and see who could deal the most damage over time and get the most kills. Know who would win? The shaman. Why? Dots. Rots. Roots. Epic click. Slow. Canni.

For all the reasons shamans are great. They would win by a landslide.

If we are going to compare. It needs to be apples to apples. Not apples to bacon. Not apples to gravel.

This thread is about a theoretical best 4 man caster GROUP. A shaman soloing is irrelevant.

You are the shaman. I proffered the mage data in a group of comparable dps to 2x charm enchanter pet + my own dps output. You have not joined a group to see how much damage you can actually do.

My guess is less. Only you can provide the data to prove otherwise.

Why won’t you?

https://www.project1999.com/forums/s...43&postcount=2

Sarnak

Quote:
It does. It really does. You even admit the math is correct.
"Correct" =/= "Relevant"

4 =/= 5

You tried to claim:

Quote:
Assuming your group plays correctly, you will DPS the same way every time, the same as if you were solo.
and then you simply contradicted yourself by subsequently posting:

Quote:
in a group setting, there are too many variables out of your control that can skew the data
Quote:
Once you add in outside variables, that changes the DPS equation NOT because of what the class can do, but because of what other players are doing.
As I have repeatedly stated to you - it is not always clear to other posters what particular position/claim/"arguent" you are defending at any given time due to how often you have moved the goalposts & edited your posts. This really isn't hard hehe.

Which belief do you currently hold/"argue" hehe? Please elaborate for the sake of civil discussion.
Old 09-16-2022, 04:44 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Troxx [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
No it is not. I could post logs of videos of me soloing. We could compare that to the videos you have already posted. THAT would be a direct comparison. We could also expand that and see who could deal the most damage over time and get the most kills. Know who would win? The shaman. Why? Dots. Rots. Roots. Epic click. Slow. Canni.

For all the reasons shamans are great. They would win by a landslide.

If we are going to compare. It needs to be apples to apples. Not apples to bacon. Not apples to gravel.

This thread is about a theoretical best 4 man caster GROUP. A shaman soloing is irrelevant.

You are the shaman. I proffered the mage data in a group of comparable dps to 2x charm enchanter pet + my own dps output. You have not joined a group to see how much damage you can actually do.

My guess is less. Only you can provide the data to prove otherwise.

Why won’t you?
Again, you need to prove the comparison is invalid. So far you haven't provided any evidence other than you saying so.

The funny thing is your screenshot of a parse doesn't prove the data you captured was even from the group that supposedly fills your requirements. For all we know, you were just soloing and happened to be parsing a group nearby.

If you are asking me to prove a negative, I will simply do the same. You need to provide evidence your data was even from a group.
Last edited by DeathsSilkyMist; 09-16-2022 at 04:48 PM..
Old 09-16-2022, 04:46 PM
Banned

Quote:
Again, you need to prove the comparison is invalid. So far you haven't provided any evidence other than you saying so.

The funny thing is your screenshot of a parse doesn't prove the data you captured was even from the group that supposedly fills your requirements. For all we know, you were just soloing and happened to be parsing a group nearby.

If you are asking me to prove a negative, I will simply do the same. You need to provide evidence your data was even from a group.
Old 09-16-2022, 04:48 PM
Planar Protector

All you have to do is go out and do it. Post the results.

Why won’t you? It’s not exactly hard. Ally even invited you to tag along but you chose to post on these forums instead. Why?

Old 09-16-2022, 04:49 PM
Sarnak

Quote:

That's simple:

Solo =/= "4 person all caster/priest group"
"Correct" =/= "Relevant"
4 =/= 5

You tried to claim:

Quote:
Assuming your group plays correctly, you will DPS the same way every time, the same as if you were solo.
and then you simply contradicted yourself by subsequently posting:

Quote:
in a group setting, there are too many variables out of your control that can skew the data
Quote:
Once you add in outside variables, that changes the DPS equation NOT because of what the class can do, but because of what other players are doing.
As I have repeatedly stated to you - it is not always clear to other posters what particular position/claim/"arguent" you are defending at any given time due to how often you have moved the goalposts & edited your posts. This really isn't hard hehe.

Which belief do you currently hold/"argue" hehe? Please elaborate for the sake of civil discussion.
Old 09-16-2022, 04:50 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Troxx [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
All you have to do is go out and do it. Post the results.

Why won’t you? It’s not exactly hard. Ally even invited you to tag along but you chose to post on these forums instead. Why?
It's really simple. The data I have provided is more than enough.

I am sorry, but you need to provide evidence to support your claim the data will change in a group scenario in a way that will be harmful to the shaman, but not the Mage.

You do not simply just get to say "your data is invalid" and assume that is a valid argument. It isn't. I could just do the same thing to you. For example "prove your data is from a group and meets your the requirements you gave to me. A few numbers on a screenshot do not prove you were in a group.".
Old 09-16-2022, 04:52 PM
Planar Protector

DSM:

Clearly you are.

Old 09-16-2022, 04:53 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
It's really simple. The data I have provided is more than enough.
The above Quote is simply you sharing your opinion of whether the data you have provided "is more than enough"; which is simply your opinon. This really isn't hard hehe. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Solo =/= "4 person all caster/priest group"
"Correct" =/= "Relevant"
4 =/= 5

Quote:
I am sorry, but you need to provide evidence to support your claim the data will change in a group scenario in a way that will be harmful to the shaman, but not the Mage
You have provided zero evidence that anybody has suggested being in a group will "be harmful to the Shaman, but not the Mage", so I am not sure what point you think you are making or what fact you think you are refuting. That is simply an example of you building a strawman to argue against. This really isn't hard hehe. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Last edited by cyxthryth; 09-16-2022 at 04:56 PM..