Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Technical Discussion

Old 12-15-2014, 12:52 PM
Decaying Skeleton

Default Original midi files (music) aren't playing

I recently installed EQTitanium on a new PC (Win8) to play on p1999. I had played previously on others (all Win7) without issue.

This time, the classic tracks (loading screen, cities, merchant, etc.) don't play when they're supposed to, or at all for that matter. All other sound effects work normally.

I have already ensured that music/volume is turned on in both the options menu and the eqclient.ini file (though I understand these change to reflect one another). I have tried reinstalling twice (in both Program Files and User directories) and have reset multiple times.

The more recent music (eqtheme.mp3, etc.) plays normally when kept in the directory. When I remove these files per the guidebook, the original music does not replace it. Others, such as the merchant and city tracks, don't play regardless.

I've done several searches and can't find any solutions to the problem on the forums or elsewhere.

Can anyone suggest how I might troubleshoot this?
Old 12-17-2014, 10:33 AM
Aviak

Bump - I have this exact same issue and the same install (copied over to another computer) plays the midis, so it's driver/system setting related somehow.
Old 12-18-2014, 04:11 PM
Decaying Skeleton

Hmm, I had recently updated my drivers so I had doubts about that as the cause; maybe I need to roll back to earlier versions. I'll try some variations and share the results.
Old 12-18-2014, 08:08 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cru102 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Hmm, I had recently updated my drivers so I had doubts about that as the cause; maybe I need to roll back to earlier versions. I'll try some variations and share the results.
I found this http://www.project1999.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=81207 but haven't been at my desktop to try it out. I'm hoping it does the trick.
Old 12-19-2014, 05:56 PM
Aviak

Quck update. It looks like I had previously installed this: https://www.kode54.net/bassmididrv/bassmididrv.exe

Uninstalling it made it so the midis started playing again.