Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Red Community > Red Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 05-26-2011, 02:12 AM
Banned

level limits are stupid and bring a large host of problems such as low level trainers, spies, healers etc, these are all things that occured on RZ and were universally despised by the entire server and is why everyone that wasnt a pvp lite carebear switched to sullon when it came out.

you dont need to get a reward (if there are any) for killing outside a given range, however being unable to kill them at all will shit things up and i likely wouldnt even bother with such a server, even wow isnt that lame.
Old 05-26-2011, 02:21 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darwoth [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
level limits are stupid
Yeah, having level 60s farming newbs is a much wiser choice.

That will be REAL good for the population
Old 05-26-2011, 02:24 AM
Banned

To quote myself from my first post on this forum:

"Please do not use the term FFA unless you are referring a server where anybody can attack anybody at any time, i.e. Vanguard PvP. If by "FFA" you mean "Bluebie PK vs. Anti 4 lvl spread Rallos PvP," please re-title this thread appropriately."

I prefer no level limit, no PvP restrictions. This was the case in Vanguard where my guild, Xanit K'Ven, dominated the server in all aspects.
Old 05-26-2011, 02:28 AM
Planar Protector

Ah, the same Vanguard where I rolled a bard then could invis bug and kill everyone with OP ranged while nobody could target me.

Game is doing well now too. If you definition of doing well is flatlining. Congrats at winning that game.
Old 05-26-2011, 02:38 AM
Planar Protector

Why not make it an ironman server? Death means permanent death... [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 05-26-2011, 02:39 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayDee [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Ah, the same Vanguard where I rolled a bard then could invis bug and kill everyone with OP ranged while nobody could target me.

Game is doing well now too. If you definition of doing well is flatlining. Congrats at winning that game.
Was going great til Sony invested and shelved it to try and preserve EQ2, which it would have clearly surpassed.
Old 05-26-2011, 03:24 AM
Banned

Yeah it was pretty much lack of content that killed the game. Vanguard was a blast. But it took them a year to release the first raid zone. After that content was done everybody quit.
Old 05-26-2011, 04:28 AM
Banned

Send a message via AIM to wehrmacht

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haul [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I'd imagine it will be +/- 4 with ffa because thats what was done for Zek merger
4 level difference FFA is a fucking blue server

You would have multiple groups fighting in karnors or sebillis that wouldn't even be able to attack each other. It's a total joke to try and claim that's a PvP server. Even if you raise the level limit, it's still terrible.

There are only 2 valid choices:

1) Hardcoded teams and no other rules (if you want good population)

2) FFA and no other rules (if you want low population)
Old 05-26-2011, 12:03 PM
Banned

yes wormak always has the greatest ideas, we should absolutely listen to him
Old 05-26-2011, 12:16 PM
Planar Protector

Some of you might be retarded. No level restrictions on an FFA server, yeah, that will last about a week.

Idiots would just sit on newbie starting areas and grief people right back to p99. It's becoming more and more obvious that the majority of people on these boards want to just shit on people and grief them even if they can only do it for a limited time.

These fucking idiots suggesting this shit should be instantly ignored by everyone here including the staff because the goal should be setting up a decent red server that attempts to have some balance. Not a come home from work get down to my moms basement and grief people 30 levels below me because I hate my life server.

For like the 10th time if you want a successful server its probably going to have to be team based. And if it did end up FFA you couldn't have shit like item loot and no level limit on PKs.
Closed Thread