Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Technical Discussion

Old 06-20-2024, 02:00 PM
Large Rat

Default Error 1017 when playng with share phone connection in blue and red servers

Hello, I am having error 1017 to access the blue and red servers since I changed my mobile company and I am trying to play on my laptop by sharing the internet from my mobile phone. However, it does let me access the green server. I've been reading the forums and I know perfectly well that it has nothing to do with the CPU clock speed because I've checked and it doesn't exceed the limit and it does let me play if I connect from that same laptop to my home's WIFI. Also before I played sharing the connection from my mobile to my laptop with my former mobile company in all servers. The problem is with the shared connection since i changed the company when I want to play outside my home it only lets me access the green server. Any idea what the solution could be? [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.][You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] Any help is aprreciated
Old 06-23-2024, 02:44 PM
Aviak

tl;dr - I think you may need to manually set DNS on the computer's network adapter to use while on the mobile connection. DNS such as google (8.8.8.8) or another commonly used DNS server that you could google.

My thinking (this could be wrong, since i dont know how the eqemu server list connections are configured to connect you to the server)

My GUESS would be that this is DNS related. The new mobile connection's dns servers its using probably does not know how to resolve the url address with the IP address it needs to connect to those servers. (EQhosts.txt file configured using a readable URL address is part of my basis of thinking)

Its possible that the connection for green was configured using an IP address directly(again a guess) instead of a url address, and that could be why you are able to connect to green but not blue/red while on the mobile connection.
Briqii Blunts 29 Half Elf Druid
Briq 16 Half Elf Rogue