Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Red Community > Red Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 01-14-2016, 06:10 PM
Banned

Seriously can you imagine how much more fun we'd all be having with 6 mo vanilla 6 mo kunark and then a reset? Server would hit nost numbers.

Gotta keep dat current Xp bonus tho, game is better with it than w/o
Old 01-14-2016, 06:17 PM
Sarnak

I would redo the whole thing as a teams based MOBA.

1. 4 teams, each with every class and try to split with lore and best race/class combos in mind.
2. Start at level 60. XP would only be gained through quests and traded+clicked items dropped by rare or raid bosses. XP would go into a variety of AAs.
3. Perma-death. The more active and skilled you are, the faster you will be able to recover with stored/traded +AA items and quest knowledge.
4. Update every zone in the game to 40/45/50/55/60/65 with new loot and possibly new rares.
-A. Shuffle starting zones a bit and turn unused cities into dungeon zones.
5. Add race class combos like eru monk and bar ranger. Add beastlords.
6. Add AAs and change some boring spells. ex: Phantom armor line from mage could be a 5/10 min CD 1.5 sec cast that adds XX regen per tic.

Another box is just the same old shit. Very few quests are worth doing. Most of the zones in the game are completely trivial. I'd just take the whole grind/farm/waste of time out of it, make every zone potentially dangerous instead of a handful, and reward players who explore and remember rather than traditional raiding.
Old 01-14-2016, 06:19 PM
Sarnak

Classic server with changes to prevent the zerg mentality from taking hold. Whether that means teams, periodic wipes, or whatever doesn't matter much as long as we don't just get an exact copy of what produced the current situation.

I have no opinion one way or the other about the experience bonus, but I would either do away with or tweak LnS.
Old 01-14-2016, 06:30 PM
Planar Protector

Shitters gon shit up
Old 01-14-2016, 06:38 PM
Banned

Location: ✿Kohai in the Streets, Senpai in the Sheets❤( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Send a message via ICQ to Xaanka Send a message via AIM to Xaanka Send a message via Yahoo to Xaanka

i want a chocolate ice cream cone!!
Old 01-14-2016, 06:48 PM
Banned

Vztz
Old 01-14-2016, 07:19 PM
Fire Giant

Send a message via AIM to Laugher

Can we just admit d2 ladder was a great idea and needs to be implemented in every mmo particularly with re red99 with a permanent place to dump chars after their season
Old 01-14-2016, 09:11 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
cyclical wipes with quick XP so theres more pvp... win win win.
this

I think Teams is better than FFA (compare TZ/SZ/VZ to RZ)

FFA does not work as intended nor has it ever. What actually happens is nobody attacks eachother. No one wants to burn the bridge for grouping and get branded as a public enemy (excluding badass mountain men like Gloinz). At the top, everyone just piles into one raid guild anyway.

Teams format works better for a pvp game that is mostly about zone control. A newbie doesn't have to worry about crippling his advancement if he attacks someone, and it's clear from the start who you can group with and which areas are safe for you.
Old 01-14-2016, 09:13 PM
Planar Protector

I'd rather see guild wars than teams. TZ/VZ were easily the most retarded rulesets and SZ just hardcoded the option to avoid the strongest force.
Old 01-14-2016, 09:29 PM
Kobold

Quote:
What actually happens is nobody attacks eachother. No one wants to burn the bridge for grouping and get branded as a public enemy
Get this blue rubbish out of here.

The entire concept of teams on a small population box is just silly. Why would you want to limit an already small pool of PvP?

The only good argument teams ever had was it being easier for bluebies and therefore maybe attracting more of them to a PvP server.
Closed Thread